Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Any idea what is going in on Sooner just south of Danforth? By the I-35 on-ramp?
    Like Debzkidz said, it's a church.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    That's a church. I think the sign said St Lukes Methodist.

I will hate to see the Shell station go. That's where I buy gas, if my husband hasn't filled up my car for me at OnCue, which he does for me occasionally.
    Of course, what was I thinking, this is Edmond.

Here are some more detailed plans of the CVS at Bryant and Danforth

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...#ReturnTo33236

I noticed the Sperry Van Ness Real Estate sign came down on the vacant corner lot of 3rd and Littler. This is directly behind Sprouts. I haven't been able to isolate a specific address of that property so I have not been able to find out who purchased it on the county accessors property page. Anyone have any deets on this?

Here is their new promotional video put out by EEDA.

I thought it was okay. I wasn't a fan of the excess video effects they used, but it was pretty nice overall.

Good article by The Sun who has apparently switched to limited articles unless you pay a sub.

Despite economy, Edmond businesses branch out - The Edmond Sun: News

Quick tip: easy way to get around that is browse incognito if you didn't already know.

Couple of articles from The Sun regarding the sales tax extensions and reports:

Voters to decide tax extensions | News | edmondsun.com

Sales tax revenue up from last year | Local News | edmondsun.com

They are rebuilding the NO. 2 Fire Station: Edmond fire station to relocate | News OK

$4,200,000 commercial building permit issued last month for 3828 S Broadway. Applicant is listed as SRI Ram Hotel LLC
    There also appears to be another Garage slated for Covell.
    http://edmondok.com/Archive/49

Not sure where to put this, but I noticed Arcadian Inn Bed and Breakfast had been demolished. I didn't realize until I looked it up today that they closed that location in May. Hopefully new economic development is slated to replace it.

18. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

http://newsok.com/showbiz-cinemas-wa...rlyAccess=true

"ShowBiz Cinemas is proposing to build a family entertainment center, with 18 bowling lanes, 12 movie theaters, an arcade, restaurant and upscale bar, near Edmond's new hotel and conference center at Covell Road and Interstate 35."

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but I noticed Arcadian Inn Bed and Breakfast had been demolished. I didn't realize until I looked it up today that they closed that location in May. Hopefully new economic development is slated to replace it.
    UCO bought those properties and has torn them down. I would guess that the short-term plan is more (much needed) parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but you seem to post a lot of links that are behind paywalls. I'm not going to subscribe to a new publication every time someone posts a link behind a paywall. In the future it would save us all time if when you post a link that's behind a paywall that you would say it's behind a paywall in your post and that you would also give a brief synopsis of what's in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but you seem to post a lot of links that are behind paywalls. I'm not going to subscribe to a new publication every time someone posts a link behind a paywall. In the future it would save us all time if when you post a link that's behind a paywall that you would say it's behind a paywall in your post and that you would also give a brief synopsis of what's in the article.
    The Edmondsun isn't normally behind paywalls (it isn't for me). You may get that if you're on a corporate network and other people have used up all your free views. If you open it in "incognito mode" (using chrome's terms) you should be able to see it. This isn't quite the same as the journal record and PP may not even realize there's a paywall for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The Edmondsun isn't normally behind paywalls (it isn't for me). You may get that if you're on a corporate network and other people have used up all your free views. If you open it in "incognito mode" (using chrome's terms) you should be able to see it. This isn't quite the same as the journal record and PP may not even realize there's a paywall for you.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was a paywall. It wasn't for me.

25. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Looks like you get five page views free.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information