Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

New website and survey called Edmond shift that will launch a year long study to guide the future of mobility in Edmond:

https://engagekh.com/edmondshift/homepage

YouTube video of the clubhouse demolition in Kickingbird Golf Course:

https://youtu.be/FkW6ZVvh-nU

3. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Dang, watching that affected me more than I thought it would. Lots of great memories with my dad there, going back to the late seventies and early eighties, even before I moved to Oklahoma. Similar feeling when Lincoln was replaced, though at least that was done well before he passed away.

I need to go visit Hefner soon before that one gets the excavator bucket too, I guess. Each of those three were our regular track during various timeframes in my youth. The only constant in life is change…it’s true.

Yeah a lot of mixed feelings come from those who have older memories of it I’ve noticed. The end result should be worth it hopefully and I’m excited about the bar as I’ll walk to it from across the street when I’m in town. I wish Edmond would consider making the top entrance at Kickingbird a RIRO(right in right out only no left turns) and turn the entrance to the south into a roundabout at danforth. Lots of accidents happen here. I wouldn’t mind a pedestrian HAWK crossing at the Clubhouse entrance.

New way finding study is underway in Edmond and a survey is available at this link:

https://www.edmondok.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=855

Speaking of studies... I thought this was interesting. They've been doing a series of surveys for the East Edmond plan, and I've been participating in each phase. Each phase has built on the results of the prior one...

I thought this was interesting from the current one. This is a priority list based on community feedback for development of East Edmond.

1.Preservation/protection of forested area
    2.Preservation/protection of rural character
    3.Ample opportunity for open space and recreation
    4.Preference for mixed use vs. single-use development (e.g. strip commercial or apartment complex)
    5.Preference for strong fiscal performance and responsible use of public resources

Really cool new feature where you can track public works projects: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories...f3ea955e5ec42d

That's really cool.

But also, big LOL at their update on the Intelligent Transportation System Phase II project.

Monthly Update: Staff has completed its second inspection of the 22 intersections and has dozens of items that still need to be addressed by the contractor. Staff has forwarded those issues to the ODOT project inspector however there has been little effort by contractor to complete these issues.

9. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

On Bryant and 2nd, the old Chase drive thru has been demolished and it is fenced off. Looks like a new pad of some sort. anyone know what's going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    On Bryant and 2nd, the old Chase drive thru has been demolished and it is fenced off. Looks like a new pad of some sort. anyone know what's going in?
    I believe that is a new Chase

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I believe that is a new Chase
    That’s nice but I wish they’d build a new chase branch in Edmond preferably at I-35 and Covell.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That’s nice but I wish they’d build a new chase branch in Edmond preferably at I-35 and Covell.
    Why would they do that when this area is the retail center of Edmond and has way more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Why would they do that when this area is the retail center of Edmond and has way more traffic.
    I think Panda is suggesting they build both. I-35 and Covell has a ton of development on both sides of the interstate to come and will only get further built out as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    I think Panda is suggesting they build both. I-35 and Covell has a ton of development on both sides of the interstate to come and will only get further built out as time goes on.
    Yep!

For those that don’t already know Edmond does a weekly YouTube video with the city managers update on various projects and developments in Edmond regarding public works, private, and economic reports. I’ll try to remember to start posting them here monthly.

do they have one yet? i know Moore has one near Highland East

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but....Edmond developer plans to turn abandoned Circus camp into a multi-use development;
    https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...pment/44376806

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but....Edmond developer plans to turn abandoned Circus camp into a multi-use development;
    https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...pment/44376806
    Hopefully this project won't be Pennywise and pound foolish.

Thread Information