Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

An expansion has been approved for the Edmond Aldi location, at Edmond Rd and Kelly...

http://edmondok.swagit.com/play/02072017-1784/#7

"Public Hearing and Consideration of a site plan approval for Crest Foods, located on the northwest corner of Sooner Road and Covell Road. (Fairfax Joint Ventures, LLC)

Background: Crest Foods is requesting approval of a site plan for a new 106,565 square foot grocery store to be located on the northwest corner of Sooner Road and Covell Road. The site was zoned as a PUD in 2014 allowing for this development. A final plat for this site was approved November 28, 2016."

http://edmondok.com/index.aspx?NID=84

Is that going to be right next to Fairfac golf course or am I off on my corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Is that going to be right next to Fairfac golf course or am I off on my corners?
    Yes that is correct. NW corner.

I drove by Covell And Sooner this weekend and it's nuts on how quick the development seems to be happening there. I will say driving from Santa Fe to Sooner on Covell sucks right now. It will be nice when the road work is all done.

^^ And,... they're installing left turn lanes at Covell & Santa Fe. ... Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I drove by Covell And Sooner this weekend and it's nuts on how quick the development seems to be happening there. I will say driving from Santa Fe to Sooner on Covell sucks right now. It will be nice when the road work is all done.
    Remember, plans are also being finalizing for widening Covell from Fairfax to Coltrane.

8. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Noticed they have been clearing a sizable piece of land just south of Mercy on I-35 and 15th. Any idea what's going in?

Also, just saw they have been clearing the land just east of Visa Ln and north of Tuscany Villas on north side of 2nd st. Any plans submitted on that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Noticed they have been clearing a sizable piece of land just south of Mercy on I-35 and 15th. Any idea what's going in?

Also, just saw they have been clearing the land just east of Visa Ln and north of Tuscany Villas on north side of 2nd st. Any plans submitted on that as well?
    The land south of Mercy will be an emergency clinic, and on Vista Lane, they are developing a single family housing addition called The Falls at Vista Lane. I don't know anything about the properties fronted on 2nd Street though. IIRC, I saw some dirt work on that property will a CBRE sign on it.

Awesome.

Edmond Economic Development Authority reports the demolition of the Dolese Concrete location.

FB_IMG_1544228528397.jpg

Library, downtown parking garage, and performing arts center have all been delayed indefinitely. Additionally, the Covell widening only includes the roadway for about 1/2 mile and doesn't even go to Coltrane. Edmond needs to step its game up.

https://www.edmondsun.com/news/local...ea8c74233.html

Article about general development and the changes in downtown Edmond: https://www.edmondsun.com/news/prepa...bdee1c182.html

15. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

On one hand, it's nice to get this blight fixed up. On the other hand, the other OYO hotels in town are like sub $40 a night hotels, and they haven't seemed to fix them up very much.

17. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Sorry, OYO?

18. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

<dupe>

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Sorry, OYO?
    The hotel chain. Here's their I-35 south location -

https://www.oyorooms.com/us/61504-oy...oklahoma-city/

From what I can tell they're trying to be the Ryanair of motels. They're evidently one of the fastest growing hotel chains, and supposedly they fix up old hotels and add some nice touches to them... but all the ones I've looked at locally don't seem very nice. But they're cheap.

May keep an eye on the shopping center on the NE corner of Danforth and Kelly. Was told the owner is more or less wanting to clear the tenants out so will be interesting to see what takes place once they’re gone.

That's a shame because that's where my wife gets her CBD on occasion

22. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

New Taco Bell going in front of Lowes on N Kelly

Edmond NIMBYism is back, pushback againt these proposed apartments in far SE Edmond at Memorial and 35. I'd say it all boils down to locals not wanting people to move in and put their kids in Edmond schools. The rest of the arguments about traffic, drainage, safety, property value are mostly bogus and misguided. Heres the NIMBY website someone made to oppose it.
    www.stoppud.com

24. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Edmond NIMBYism is back, pushback againt these proposed apartments in far SE Edmond at Memorial and 35. I'd say it all boils down to locals not wanting people to move in and put their kids in Edmond schools. The rest of the arguments about traffic, drainage, safety, property value are mostly bogus and misguided. Heres the NIMBY website someone made to oppose it.
    www.stoppud.com
    Haha, very fitting that the neighborhood street directly west of the proposed development is named “Karen Drive.”

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    www.stoppud.com
    I saw a few of these signs around SE Edmond yesterday with "save Edmond" "Stop Edmond PUD" I was wondering what they were about.

They are pulling out all of the usual plays from the NIMBY playbook on their website.
    Lower property values – Higher crime rates – Crowded schools – Busy road traffic
    Its just vacant land on an interstate frontage road next to some old metal buildings across the highway from a self storage facility. I doubt some apartments getting built there is going to destroy Edmond.

Thread Information