Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rose State College

Default Re: Rose State College

Yeeeeeaaaaapppp. I think the time has come to close this thread.

Oh my - ease up on the Tea amanda_

And spend some time watching something other than Fox and listening to someone other than Beckbaugh, Hannity, etc......

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    amanda... you need to cool off. you can defend your position without resorting to personal attacks. -M
    Apparently she can't. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Apparently she can't. Haha
    Shut up. You're a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    People like Midtowner are going to burn in hell fire for blaspheming.

Oh good lord ban her already

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I will pray for you and the others. You are going to burn in hell fire for blaspheming.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda_ View Post
    I really don't like lawyers. You all clutter up stuff. Bottom line is schools take too much money and you know it too. It is just that you are part of the lawyer class that make their money off of this kind of crap. You're just like the college...a tick sucking blood.
    It is written that "music soothes the savage breast" . . .
    perhaps even that of a "Michelle" Savage, fire-breathing trollette . . .

(Shields up, Scotty . . . and check the dilithium crystals . . .)

I'm not a big fan of the Tea Party, but referring to them as the American Taliban is a bit much, doncha think?

Shut up. You're a nazi.
    Can you prove that? Come on, lets stop fighting. This isn't accomplishing anything. I don't like this bond much either, mainly because I don't think it does enough, but I'm sure the swim team will be glad for this. In the mean time, it doesn't help attacking people, calling them names and demonizing them, just because you disagree.

I will pray for you and the others. You are going to burn in hell fire for blaspheming.
    Point of Order: This is a nearly perfect example of what is meant in "Scripture" about not being judgmental. Or judgemental if you are in England or possibly Canada, India, Iran or North Korea. "The Bible" indicates that labeling anyone as "raca" ("spiritual fool who will [go to hell]") is not a real good idea . . . On account of the "same judgement--or judgment--that you apply to others WILL BE APPLIED TO YOU." don't confuse this with "karma". it ain't 'zackly the same thing . . .

Say! Maybe they need to start a class at Oscar Rose Junior College about stuff like this here.

Nit-picking punctualization Marx have nothing to do with jots and tittles of The Law.
    Except for when they do.

So . . . amanda . . . if you ever consider a trip up north that involves passing through Kansas . . . I hear that there is a little chapel up there called Westboro . . .

Shut up. You're a nazi.
    Actually no, I'm a Republican American like you. Sadly. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    It's actually kinda funny. Yes, she's just trolling, but it's a lot funnier than torea's style of trolling. Ha

It's actually kinda funny. Yes, she's just trolling, but it's a lot funnier than torea's style of trolling. Ha
    You call me a troll because I don't agree with you. You are going to burn in hell fire for your blaspheming--and America is doomed for her liberal ways.

Actually no, I'm a Republican American like you. Sadly. Haha
    I used to be a Federalist . . . yet the Whigs had much to offer . . .

So . . . Amanda . . . Are you attempting to start a grass-roots political movement based on intolerant sniping in the direction of those who might prefer Earl Gray to Pekoe in terms of The Proper Tea Party or whut . . . ? And what is the name of that "meme" or whatever involving the invocation of Hiter (nazi) into a perfectly reasonable discussion of educational funding regarding Rose State College? I can't remember what that is called . . .

Just out of curiosity . . . are you the same lady who lost her "treasure bag" at a local hospital recently?
    Is this one reason why you have an apparent . . . problem . . . with institutions?

Perhaps Rose State College could have a seminar on this sort of thing.
    (with "proper" funding of course . . . like O.E.T.A....NPR.....PBS (possilbly redundant, ref. O.E.T.A.) . . . Create TV (ditto to the cites on the left)

You call me a troll because I don't agree with you. You are going to burn in hell fire for your blaspheming--and America is doomed for her liberal ways.
    No, I call you a troll because of what you're sayin, such as I'm going to burn in hell because of my blasphemy, not because I don't agree with you. I couldn't care less about the issue at hand. But at least you're having fun with the trolling, I don't fault you for having fun.

let's try to get back to topic. -M

Rose State College, formerly known as Oscar Rose Junior College, has one of the best auditoriums and campus(es?) ever.
    Except, of course, not counting their juxtaposition to the Tinker Diagonal which, to some could be a boon, to others a bane.
    I say fund them. (others may disagree . . . that's OK too.)

(i tried mmm . . . btw: kudos to mdot for the proper usage of "couldn't care less" a.c.t./v.s. "could care less" in that there post up there. sorry: english minor major nazi... c. the S.I. Haiyakawa (sp?) San Francisco State era . . . i tried . . . not to be Anti-Semantic. And intentionally ignored the fact that they don't have a multi-millionare as a football coach . . . yet. =)

p.s. to "amanda": have you considered the advantages of Adidas as compared to other brands in terms of hopping on that soon to be passing asteroid?
    nevermind. it doesn't matter.

Whew - after the foray into both Godwin's Law and Westboro - glad to get back to subject at hand.

As a beneficiary of the programs at Rose State, I'll probably reluctantly vote yes. The pool is a huge boon to the area and as a community asset, invaluable especially to senior citizens or others needing warmer water aerobics. Right now, because of room and other problems, the water can't be as warm as needed for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.
    The connectivity is also vital throughout the campus. Not so sure about library expansion, but since we're not given opportunity to cherry pick bond issues (or tax issues) - hopefully the voting district will pass the bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Tea Party, but referring to them as the American Taliban is a bit much, doncha think?
    Rose State is a very good college, great benifit to the community and great 'bang for the buck', supporting it is wise.

As the Tea Party includes as great a variety and type of devotee, I would be hesitant to call them Taliban.... but I am sure moderate Muslims think much the same of the Taliban. Sometimes you have to call a 'rabid dog' a rabid dog, otherwise you should not be surpriesed when it 'bites you in the ass'. As a former Republican turned Independent, I refuse to associate myselves with self-rightous ignorance. Refusing to recognize facts because you don't like them takes you into the realm of stupidity. (ignorant= don't know, stupid=know the facts, but don't care)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I dunno.. it's obvious political/religious extremism or she's just a troll. It's similar to the Taliban in that even with fellow conservatives, there's this insistence that you have to agree with every single thing or you are the enemy. There's the similar state of being unmoved by facts. I asked questions (I knew the answers to those questions) and she just repeated the party line rather than even attempt to deal with that information. Very Taliban-like, really.

23. Default Re: Rose State College

Wow, who knew this thing would take such a stupid turn so quickly...geez. $20 amanda is less than 18 years old though too.

Anyway...Back to RSC.

So i'll live up to my statement that I put in my last post. So based on what MidTowner says, RSC is tax-based from the district it serves. Ie EOC pays in to support it while the same is true of the other areas for their schools....(Mustang/Yukon for Redlands, South/West for OCCC, etc.). If there's already a scope there that justifies why the bond is being applied the way it is, then ok. Point taken, and i'll say vote YES on it. Again, it's not that I have a problem with RSC doing things that need to be done, i just had a problem with the limited area that was being asked to support the place.

There are a few things with RSC that I've always wondered why they were there. Mainly the sports. They have Baseball and Softball, and used to have Basketball....and I thought Tennis. So a few things confuse me. Why have a pool if you don't have a swim team since that's a major bond project? High schools in Mid-Del use it a lot as well as a lot of arobic type classes...but no actual real aquatics....granted it's not an OCCC type facility. It's a gym pool more than an aquatics pool. The gym obviously has uses for other things like "fairs" and health classes. And at this point it's not as though the land is needed for the baseball/softball fields. At least the Tennis courts are open for the public to use. I just don't understand why those things are around given what the purpose of Rose is. Something you can say for the atheltics is that at least that's one thing that has drawn students from all over the state and other states even.

Quote Originally Posted by TAlan CB View Post
    Rose State is a very good college, great benifit to the community and great 'bang for the buck', supporting it is wise.

As the Tea Party includes as great a variety and type of devotee, I would be hesitant to call them Taliban.... but I am sure moderate Muslims think much the same of the Taliban. Sometimes you have to call a 'rabid dog' a rabid dog, otherwise you should not be surpriesed when it 'bites you in the ass'. As a former Republican turned Independent, I refuse to associate myselves with self-rightous ignorance. Refusing to recognize facts because you don't like them takes you into the realm of stupidity. (ignorant= don't know, stupid=know the facts, but don't care)
    Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable. Also, I agree with supporting Rose State, I just think they should actually increase the bond and do more than what is currently proposed.

I dunno.. it's obvious political/religious extremism or she's just a troll. It's similar to the Taliban in that even with fellow conservatives, there's this insistence that you have to agree with every single thing or you are the enemy. There's the similar state of being unmoved by facts. I asked questions (I knew the answers to those questions) and she just repeated the party line rather than even attempt to deal with that information. Very Taliban-like, really.
    True. It's hard to tell, for me in this case, whether she was just trolling or not. When she called Mdot a Nazi that's when I pretty much thought she was just a troll. Anyways, I agree the Tea Party is pretty extreme, no doubt.

Thread Information