Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rose State College

Default Re: Rose State College

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Aha, I see. So Francis Tuttle would be kind of like that, but more for specialty type classes and engineering, I'm guessing. Well, it makes sense anyways. About Rose State.
    Francis Tuttle is different. It's part of the Vo Tech system, which stands for vocational technology. They'll teach you how to weld, build furniture, painting, carpentry, construction, working on cars, etc.

I'm not 100% sure which tech ed services are at Rose. I'm guessing some of the medical certificates might be there like Respiratory Therapy, etc.

As for engineering, you can get some kind of Associates, but if you want a bachelor's, you have to go to a university.

It's just basic economics. Colleges bring students from out of the area. Those students, whether they live on campus or not, spend money there. THat money goes into local coffers, which in turn pays for the roads and parks and things of that nature. In turn, colleges provide jobs for local residents and have the facilities to host events which can draw other out of towners in to spend money. Colleges are a pretty good investment for a city, assuming they're not fly-by-night or for-profit. There's a reason Norman and Stillwater both work with the schools there closely, it's good for the city.

Still, this is a very narrow bond, and it'll be a tough sell without some major visual project. Non-sexy projects don't sell to the public, which is a big reason why our infrastructure is so terrible in this state.

I don't know why some of you can't see the obvious. Our government is out of control in Washington. Thank God we have some local politicians trying to make a difference but these liberal hacks like Midtowner think that we should be screwed by taxes. It is time to draw a line in the sand and say NO. VOTE NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk405359 View Post
    It's just basic economics. Colleges bring students from out of the area. Those students, whether they live on campus or not, spend money there. THat money goes into local coffers, which in turn pays for the roads and parks and things of that nature. In turn, colleges provide jobs for local residents and have the facilities to host events which can draw other out of towners in to spend money. Colleges are a pretty good investment for a city, assuming they're not fly-by-night or for-profit. There's a reason Norman and Stillwater both work with the schools there closely, it's good for the city.

Still, this is a very narrow bond, and it'll be a tough sell without some major visual project. Non-sexy projects don't sell to the public, which is a big reason why our infrastructure is so terrible in this state.

What's obvious is that education is consistently a good education for a city and state, so much so that our conservative governor pledged more spending to support it, which certainly wouldn't be the case of education was just a tick feeding off the public. Mary Fallin knows the value of it, even as she's busy listing the sins of Washington. So as long as your not the type of person to have such a knee jerk reaction as to compare a local college to Washington and go into a frothing rage, education spending should be something that you're able to rationally think about.

Looks like the lawyer has got hawk drinking the koolaid. You all are too dense to get it--the government has to STOP spending. The college spending is just another tick sucking blood...just like lawyers are blood suckers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk405359 View Post
    What's obvious is that education is consistently a good education for a city and state, so much so that our conservative governor pledged more spending to support it, which certainly wouldn't be the case of education was just a tick feeding off the public. Mary Fallin knows the value of it, even as she's busy listing the sins of Washington. So as long as your not the type of person to have such a knee jerk reaction as to compare a local college to Washington and go into a frothing rage, education spending should be something that you're able to rationally think about.

If you want to try a country that has absolutely no government spending, feel free to fly down to Somalia and let us know how that works out. Well, you can't really fly, since you'd be making use of government spending. Or drive to a coastline to take a boat. Or take a boat at all. Hey, tell you what, you can fashion a raft out trees you grow and take a raft, sail it across the Atlantic, around the horn of Africa, land in Somalia, and then tell us how that works out. I guarantee you that you won't have to pay a penny to the government there.

But I'll go ahead and type out your response for you to save you time. "I have no clue how this whole money or economy thing works. Obama! Washington! grr! anger! I don't know what you said, so insult! What that man on the radio said, etc. etc."

There, I think I captured your entire argument in essence. Enjoy the shallow end of the pool, and don't forget your floaties.

I am not unintelligent. But, you want to call me stupid: fine. How about I call you an ass****? That might fit you and your fellow liberal blood-sucking ticks. VOTE NO.

And how about you enjoy the deep end of the pool? Of course, with you, it would be a cesspool, since you are full of you know what.

Gee, if it's so hated, maybe they ought to simply close down RSC. Kind of a bummer for the students, but hey, it's really not all that far over to O-Trip, and just a wild guess on my part, but I'm thinking OKC city govt. and OKC businesses wouldn't object to capturing the sales taxes and discretionary spending of those students. Might even be able to market shirts that say Happily Attending O-Trip on the front and Amanda Sent Me on the back.

Be quiet Kevin. If your opinion is needed, you will know. But, your opinion will never be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda_ View Post
    I am not unintelligent. But, you want to call me stupid: fine. How about I call you an ass****? That might fit you and your fellow liberal blood-sucking ticks. VOTE NO.
    Heh, hit a nerve, huh? Guess you think you reserve the sole right to insult people's intelligence, don't you? You obviously aren't interested in actually discussing things like an actual adult, so I saw no need to respond to you as one. Since you're still incapable of it, you're obviously not worth any more time after this post.

And nope, I'm a registered republican. I'm just not so deep in party rhetoric that it prevents me from understanding how the economy and government spending works. But I am full of quite a few things, reasoning ability, knowledge, general respect for people who actually try to show it to others.

Dang ... grumpy much? No need to act as though I'm the one who dropped the house on your sister.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Dang ... grumpy much? No need to act as though I'm the one who dropped the house on your sister.
    Might you shut up Kevin? Nobody likes you.

I have a great deal of respect for Kevin and absolutely get a kick out of his humor. He's an okctalk fave.

I'm just spitballing it here but by chance are you a troll?

I like Kevin. I don't know why we're fighting though, I understand what your saying and I would actually vote no on this project if I could because the scope of the project seems low. But, that of course, is my just opinion.

Turn off text to speech. Might stop the voices. FWIW, I like me. Then again, I am a bit of a nobody. Dang, score one for the flying monkeys and their coach I suppose.

But hey, my grandbabies love me. Anyone else is just extra gravy on the biscuit anyways. Game, set, match.

amanda... you need to cool off. you can defend your position without resorting to personal attacks. -M

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Are you for real?

How do we clutter stuff up. Be specific. Entertain me.

And you think a college education is a bad thing?

I don't stand to make money on this deal, who would make money would be whichever roofing companies and construction companies who win the bidding process. Maybe some attorneys to handle the transactional details to ensure everyone gets paid and construction moves as planned and all the insurance, etc. is right. Also, folks who buy public bonds as investments would make a little bit of tax-free interest income off of the bonds. I can assure you, no lawyer is getting rich off of this deal.

I'm just not sure you get it... if you have a house and the roof leaks and insurance won't cover it, what do you do? Chastise yourself for not living within your means? Or take out a loan which you can easily afford?
    Amanda, can you answer this without a personal attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Amanda, can you answer this without a personal attack?
    I don't know why you are so dense. Lawyers clutter it up by thinking they should get rich off of everything. You charge $200 or more an hour to do what? To tell government or others how to screw us over. This is just another example of govt screwing us over. They might as well be asking for a bond for toilet paper. Its stupid. Govt takes lots of our money already and they need to start cutting not adding. You vote how you damn well want. I don't care if you get into screwing taxpayers over.

I guess it is simple: govt likes to screw us over and lawyers are the lube.

This thread proves some wake up in the morning just to find something to piss them off...Have a few of these as friends on Facebook and they don't seem to get invited to parties

I don't know why you are so dense. Lawyers clutter it up by thinking they should get rich off of everything. You charge $200 or more an hour to do what? To tell government or others how to screw us over. This is just another example of govt screwing us over. They might as well be asking for a bond for toilet paper. Its stupid. Govt takes lots of our money already and they need to start cutting not adding. You vote how you damn well want. I don't care if you get into screwing taxpayers over.
    So the answer is no, you won't answer my questions without a personal attack?

I'm guessing not because I already know what the answers are. In your household, you'd borrow the money because you can't afford to pay cash for a new roof.

Do you really think a new roof is a similar expense to new toilet paper?

You keep saying all of these silly things. You're not persuading anyone. You're just convincing folks how very little you actually understand about what bonds are, how they work and how funding for government buildings works. Keep on diggin'. You may yet earn a few more yes votes.

Anal fixate much, Amanda? Could you please wander over to the children's table so the adults can talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    Anal fixate much, Amanda? Could you please wander over to the children's table so the adults can talk?
    Lauri -- shut up. You think you can bash me? You are a worthless white trash ****.

For those days when Lucy just ain't enough .... anger management classes midwest city - Google Search

Thread Information