Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: American Energy Partners Business Practices (Aubrey McClendon)

Default Re: American Energy Partners Business Practices (Aubrey McClendon)

Quote Originally Posted by PWitty View Post
    I never did get that one. Wow, so Aubrey used his knowledge of the natural gas industry to make personal investments in natural gas? How outrageous! You really think he is the only executive in the country who uses their knowledge of the industry they work in to make personal investments? The media can word a headline any way they want to try and get clicks on the article. Their whole premise was that CHK produced enough of the US's nat gas supply that he could use knowledge of CHK's upcoming operations to make money. Except Reuters said themselves that as far as they could tell he was long on nat gas the whole time and never changed his position. And just FYI CHK's 5% share of the US's nat gas production is not enough to single handedly influence the price of gas. There would never be a big enough shift on CHK's part to effect price unless all production ceased at once, and even then that would be iffy. There are so many factors that go into the price of nat gas besides CHK's production that its honestly hard to even take that accusation seriously.

And I'm not trying to defend AM. I just get tired of seeing people who are misinformed continually try and push their opinions on other people and pass them on as facts.
    So, is this the new spin from Harvey Parkway? Everybody was just "misinformed." Look up here (!&%$#$@!!!!!!), pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

You're not trying to defend AM? My best guess is you work for him. But, who knows? Maybe I'm misinformed about his PR "reimagination" scheme.

It's funny how you just continue to prove my points for me.

And no, I don't work for him. Considering I graduated from college about a month ago and I doubt he has already started up a college recruiting program at his new company.

If AM was truly the crook you swear him to be he would be locked up right now, not receiving over a billion dollars in investments from outside investors only 4 months after leaving CHK.

It appears to me that if one invested in CHK from 2nd half of 2005 through 3rd quarter of 2008 and held through today there was a loss. But an investment before or after that period through today is a gain. Gain from Aug 23, 1993 thru today is 2146%. Gain from Aug 23, 2003 is 145%. But from 2nd half 2005 through 3rd quarter 2008 there are huge losses. Or that's the way I read the charts anyway.

Aubredy McCledon doing business as Arcadia Capital and American Energy Partners just applied for a $300K building permit to remodel the entire 2nd floor of the Harvey Parkway Building, which is another 15,000 square feet.

They will then have the entire 2nd and 3rd floors, most of the 6th and a good chunk of the 1st.

Their space on the ground floor is for a dedicated fitness center.

That's 43,500 square feet of office space and almost $1 million in build out for that building, all since March.

How long before he tries to buy back one of the old buildings on campus? Maybe the one on the NE corner of 63rd and Shartel?

New sign in front of Harvey Parkway:

Anyone know what the difference is between "American Energy Partners" and "McClendon Energy Partners"?

Sounds duplicative to me (but what do I know?)

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Anyone know what the difference is between "American Energy Partners" and "McClendon Energy Partners"?

Sounds duplicative to me (but what do I know?)
    I believe he formed Arcadia Capital to handle all of his real estate, McClendon Energy Partners to handle all of his personal interests in CHK wells from the founders participation program, and American Energy Partners as the new E&P entity. That's how it was summarized by a few of the people I know over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    New sign in front of Harvey Parkway:

If McClendon is still doing things the McClendon way, those three companies are only three of probably 687 he's formed. He knows how to play that shell game to make accounting extremely difficult. We'll see if he learned any lessons after Chesapeake.

Holy cats... McClendon is most definitely a baller:

Aubrey McClendon is to return with a new company that will buy and develop 80,000 acres in southern Utica shale region. CNBC's David Faber reports McClendon is about to close on $1.8 billion in equity and financing for the new endeavor.

How many laid off Chesapeake folks will he hire?

Holy cats... McClendon is most definitely a baller:
    The good news IMO is that his large investors will very likely install some business discipline that was missing at CHK and helped get CHK in so much trouble.
    With better oversight I look for this venture to grow responsibly, which is always best for our local economy.

Funny that they decided to run this in the paper on the same day as the CHK layoffs... hmmm...

McClendon's new company lands $1.7B in financing | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    How many laid off Chesapeake folks will he hire?
    IMO ... the ones that were laidoff, will be able to walk in and fillout that application.

Depends on what they did and how good they did it. Every large company has those people where you say " I can't believe this person is still employed here".

Building permit today to put a small restaurant in the Harvey Parkway Building in the name of Arcadia Capital, one of Aubrey's companies.

They are already leasing about half the building and put a health club in the ground floor. With the restaurant, this appears to be a mini-Chesapeake situation.

Building permit today to put a small restaurant in the Harvey Parkway Building in the name of Arcadia Capital, one of Aubrey's companies.

They are already leasing about half the building and put a health club in the ground floor. With the restaurant, this appears to be a mini-Chesapeake situation.
    I hope he builds another Empire .... With 30 restaurants / 5 Weatherman / ...and entire Child Development Center /...200,000 Wellness facility.. oh yeah... and 40,000 OVER PAID Oklahoma Employees !!! Go AM.

19. Default Re: American Energy Partners Business Practices (Aubrey McClendon)

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    I hope he builds another Empire .... With 30 restaurants / 5 Weatherman / ...and entire Child Development Center /...200,000 Wellness facility.. oh yeah... and 40,000 OVER PAID Oklahoma Employees !!! Go AM.
    As long as he doesn't go public, let him pay his people whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Since he's not going public and his new "empire" isn't being built at the height of an economic bubble, I bet he will be a lot more conservative with salaries. lol

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Seriously, why would anyone "care" (employees / city of OKC / state of Oklahoma ) if it is Public or Private? ...either way, it is a non-factor. We are not Wall Street or FTC. We are not his Board of Directors. ...???

Most people don't realize when they are part of something "kinda cool", and they don't see it. ??? ( this again is the Forrest & The Trees ).

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Since he's not going public and his new "empire" isn't being built at the height of an economic bubble, I bet he will be a lot more conservative with salaries. lol
    Yes, from what I've heard from my friends and contacts at AEP, former CHK employees there have taken a decent sized pay cut compared to what they were being paid at CHK, at least for now.

Watching the Thunder broadcast last night, I noticed AEPs is one of the new Thunder Broadcast sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Watching the Thunder broadcast last night, I noticed AEPs is one of the new Thunder Broadcast sponsors.
    Yeah I guess it was only a matter of time. They can pick up where sandridge left off.

Another 7,000 square feet to be built out for AEP / Arcadia Capital in the Harvey Parkway Building.

That's now over 51,000 total square feet, more than half the building.

And over $1.1 million in tenant improvements, including a fitness center, restaurant and exec offices with private bathrooms.

Thread Information