Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Ridge (SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln)

Default Re: LIncoln & I44 Development

Quote Originally Posted by boitoirich View Post
    There is development phobia on the Eastside because of the history of Deep Deuce and Walnut Grove. Black residents are fearful that "They are trying to make all of this downtown," which given that many people remember a time when their grandparents owned homes in near central neighborhoods is not a completely irrational fear. Longtime residents have a long, bitter history with developments that have not only disadvantaged them but have all too often displaced them. Hence what needs to happen is anyone attempting anything major in or near Eastside neighborhoods ought to discuss plans with locals leaders and neighborhood associations to allay fears and listen to concerns.

That being said, I just hope this thing is urban, well-done, and transit-ready.
    ^^^^spoken like a true east sider!

Reviving an old thread, but any word on this development? I'm hearing rumors of Section 8 housing.

Kind of associated, not really, but didn't know where else to place it. Admin, feel free to move to another thread.

22 acres along Lincoln Blvd. headed for development

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record March 29, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Commissioners of the Land Office plans to sell property along Lincoln Boulevard.

But first the CLO wants to make sure the area has regulations in place for good design. The office asked the city of Oklahoma City to create a design overlay for the district.

“We want to make sure (the area) is nice,” said Jessica Grogis, director of communications for the land office. “It’s coming into the Capitol. We don’t want vacant land that’s just being mowed.”

The land office owns 22.2 acres within what could be the Lincoln Boulevard Corridor. The land was previously owned by the Oklahoma Capitol Improvement Authority and was bonded. State-owned land with debt can’t be developed, so the CLO paid the debt and was deeded the land in November 2017.

Since the land was deeded to the CLO via legislation that became effective in November, the office was able to start working with the city earlier. City Planner Michael Philbrick presented an initial idea for the overlay district at the Urban Design Commission’s September meeting.

The overlay district boundary runs from NE 30th Street to Central Park Drive. The east and west boundary lines vary based on each parcel’s size, but the boundaries are generally less than a city block on each side. The district overlay does not include a 134-acre parcel at NE 50th Street and Lincoln Boulevard. Philbrick said the CLO is creating a planned-unit development for the site.

On Wednesday, Philbrick presented the overlay district’s regulations at the Urban Design Commission meeting, seeking a recommendation for the Planning Commission.

Under the new overlay, the underlying zoning for the land will not change. The three zones in the district are industrial, commercial, and office.

Some uses that fall within those zoning categories will be prohibited. Those uses include animal raising, bingo parlors, hazardous waste disposal, and stockyards. There are 24 uses that are being prohibited. Philbrick said those uses are not compatible with an area that serves at the primary entrance to the state Capitol.

“No uses being prohibited are on the ground today,” he said.

Multifamily housing has been added as an allowed use.

The new overlay will not allow parking lots in front of office buildings, which is a prominent design in the area. There has been a slight change in the building setback requirement. But the existing properties will not have to make any changes to fit in the new overlay. New construction will have to take the overlay into consideration though, said urban planner Lisa Chronister during Wednesday’s meeting.

The overlay also creates a minimum building height at two stories. Philbrick said the area is an infill corridor, so the goal is to create density. He said there are exceptions to the two-story height, though. Convenience stores and quick-service restaurants can still be one story.

If the overlay is approved, the Urban Design Commission will have to approve any new projects within the district. The commission made a recommendation to the Planning Commission to approve the overlay district ordinance. The Planning Commission meeting agenda with the ordinance has not been set yet.

Default Re: SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has information on this development known as PUD 1670.

This is from the Master Design Statement approved in November of 2018.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUD-1670.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	15432

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    This is from the Master Design Statement approved in November of 2018.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUD-1670.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	15432
    Does anyone have additional information? This is bigger then Penn Central.

Is this on the South East side of 44/Lincoln? Its hard to tell on my phone. This would also be north of 50th and as you go down the hill on Lincoln lies to the right. One point is I would hope the entry/exit road is at 50th because the bottom of that hill is fast cars and right where it splits into 44 E/W. Tough spot to put a road/light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post
    Does anyone have additional information? This is bigger then Penn Central.
    This is all just completely conceptual.

They are trying to find developers to construct projects throughout the property.

This was announced some time ago and I haven't seen any forward movement.

Thanks Pete.

This property is owned by the Commissioner’s of the Land Office.

Lincoln Area Development at NE 50 Street and N Lincoln Boulevard

I've just run into this article, I wonder if anyone knows the status of this project?

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/54...r-lincoln-i-44

Default Re: Development at NE 50 Street and N Lincoln Boulevard

It's just conceptual and nothing has happened here since it was announced several years ago:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=33098

I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" and I have no real knowledge of this, but you could knock me over with a feather if this ever actually happens. Conceptual developments that look like this have come and gone across OKC for 10-20 years. Remember the grand development north of Quail Springs Mall? University Town Center was also going to look like this. Chisholm Creek is being built and is welcome but has not lived up to the aesthetic promises. Now OAK is apparently underway at Northwest Expressway and Penn, which is in an area of higher household incomes and existing density. Perhaps it will be successful.

America went through the enclosed shopping mall phase during my childhood. Next came lifestyle centers. With the increasing tendency to order on line and have things delivered, I wonder if we are getting to the end of massive retail developments of any type.

Chisholm Creek has been built so far as planned since it’s conception. They always planned the urban village to be built later. Whether or not it’s ever built remains to be seen.

Kirkpatrick Family Fund Real Estate Wins Auction of Land at NE 50th Street and Lincoln Avenue in Oklahoma City
    OKLAHOMA CITY
    (July 27, 2023) —Elizabeth Eickman, director of Kirkpatrick Family Fund, issued the following statement regarding an auction held today by the Oklahoma Commissioners of the Land Office.

“Kirkpatrick Family Fund Real Estate, LLC, a subsidiary of Kirkpatrick Family Fund, has won an auction to purchase approximately 133 acres of
    land at Northeast 50th Street and Lincoln Boulevard in Oklahoma City,” Eickman said. “We thank our representative, Wiggin Properties, for their assistance with this transaction, and we look forward to the Commissioners approving the purchase next month.”

“Kirkpatrick Philanthropies’ vision is to create an urban study center and nature preserve for the people of Oklahoma City,” said Christian Keesee, president of Kirkpatrick Family Fund. “Our organizations have decades of experience with conservation, historic preservation, arts education, and supporting the wellbeing of animals. We believe this is a perfect fit for our philanthropy.”

The acquisition team of Eickman, Keesee, and Louisa McCune, executive director of Kirkpatrick Foundation, are calling the area Red Ridge, a nod to the art museum once located in the property’s original Mediterranean-style house. The team plans to form a new nonprofit to manage, preserve, and program Red Ridge.

“We look forward to working with experts, advisors, and neighbors to refine and implement our plans for this historic Oklahoma City property,” McCune said.

More information about the current vision for the project is available at RedRidgeOKC.org.

A nature preserve could be fairly nice if developed properly. Close to the highway unfortunately but this area as a whole is overlooked in terms of natural beauty.

That is really good to hear and I’m excited. There is a beautiful house on that property it’s like a Spanish revival type architecture I hope it’s preserved.

wow this is great news!! Something truly special for OKC. Can't wait to see more on this.

19. Default Re: Development at NE 50 Street and N Lincoln Boulevard

The Kirkpatrick Family Fund will definitely make this deal happen. They're loaded.

Default Re: Red Ridge (SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln)

Really cool! I was hoping there might be a way to preserve some or all of the big abandoned houses in that neighborhood as well as all the undeveloped land. Sounds like it could turn into something really cool. Maybe not Gathering Place level, but very cool nonetheless.

Default Re: Red Ridge (SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln)

Guessing this ends the chances of this location being chosen for jail. I’m in thinking correctly, this is the land they had listed.

Not that I thought this location had any chance of being selected for that. It was too good of a location for better use.

22. Default Re: Red Ridge (SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln)

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Guessing this ends the chances of this location being chosen for jail. I’m in thinking correctly, this is the land they had listed.

Not that I thought this location had any chance of being selected for that. It was too good of a location for better use.
    Correct. It was one of 4 sites elimated on Tuesday

23. Default Re: Red Ridge (SE Corner of I-44 and Lincoln)

Edit : I was apparently incorrect regarding what I originally wrote in this post.

Here is an Abandoned Oklahoma post from 2009 about the property: https://abandonedok.com/red-ridge-mansion/

Northeast OKC Red Ridge

Looks like OKC is getting a nice new nature preserve.

https://redridgeokc.org/
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...ve/ar-AA1euMW1
    https://journalrecord.com/2023/07/28...purchase-land/

This should be awesome and will be right next to the Deep Fork trail that is under construction

Default Re: Red Ridge

Glad to see theres a thread for this already!
    Being from Tulsa my biggest complaint about OKC is there are not many large nature areas that are open to the public. Tulsa has Turkey Mountain, Ray Harrel, Oxley, Redbud, KAF, and a lot of the smaller towns around have options too.

I always thought this land or the land at NE 36th and Kelley would be great options. I do think however they should at least develop the western and southern portions of the property with some multi family residential. Lots of jobs near by and two bus lines in November after the service changes. Leaving this land as just land would equate to a waste of investment by the city and state govs. I mean how much are they spending rn on the new Lincoln flyover to I-44?

Thread Information