Widgets Magazine

Thread: LT's Deli

Far North LT's Deli

Forgot to eat breakfast this morning before heading to work and glad I did. Asked a co-worker where to get the closest breakfast burrito and they recommended LT's Famous Gourmet Deli on the street level in the First National Building. It's located just at the top of the escalators leading to The Underground. It was like a thin, diner style omellete rolled up into a fresh grilled tortilla. Amazing. One of the best breakfast burrito's in OKC. I'll definitely be back soon to try it and other menu items.

2. Default Re: LT's famous gourmet deli

I have never had breakfast at Lt's but I have had lunch there several time. I was never impressed with it. For breakfast, (I know this sounds crazy) the chinese restaurant down the hall from LT's has an awesome breakfast. I have their breakfast buritos and they are awesome. You should try it.

Default Re: LT's famous gourmet deli

Maybe I should try the borrito. I've never really liked anything from LT's I've had before.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I have never had breakfast at Lt's but I have had lunch there several time. I was never impressed with it. For breakfast, (I know this sounds crazy) the chinese restaurant down the hall from LT's has an awesome breakfast. I have their breakfast buritos and they are awesome. You should try it.
    Sorry, but I have to ask. If you ate there and wasn't impressed, why would you go back several times ?

5. Default Re: LT's famous gourmet deli

This place is very close to my wife's work. I've eaten there maybe 5-6 times and have never been impressed at all. Never had a 'bad' meal (as in I refused to eat it), but just never had a good one either. My wife said she hasn't stopped there in a long, long time because she says there are better options in the area with better prices, taste and quality. The place is typical office building owner-operated cafe/concession stand IMO. If it was the only option in the area, then sure, I'd get a sandwich every now and then - but its not. I found it to be pretty expensive and lacking in quality ingredients. The 100% natural smoothies are from a concentrate and not fresh. That said, I pass by it a lot and on occasions its pretty full and they've been there awhile, so obviously they have their regulars and some people like it - just not on my long or short list.

Bates, if it helps any, my food tastes and reviews are usually spot on with yours.

7. Default Re: LT's famous gourmet deli

Never done breakfast there. But like I said, people obviously like it or it would not have survived so long while many others in the immediate area have failed. I think their location and spaciousness help them a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Bates, if it helps any, my food tastes and reviews are usually spot on with yours.
    I agree with this. Perhaps, in the interests of not creating false expectations in the minds and palates of the customers (both actual and potential) the owners of this "Beanery" might consider tweaking the name to something along the lines of: "LT's Semi-Known Gourmaybe Deli?" That might be at least be a step in the direction of "truth in advertising" . . . =)

Excuse me . . . I meant, LT's GourMeh Deli.
    Please accept my apology for confusing the discerning downtown diner.
    I'm sure you get exactly what you pay for in terms of cost/value investment.

Thread Information