Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New housing developments in Edmond

Default Re: New housing developments in Edmond

I looked at the transportation plan for east side of Edmond yesterday. Covell from I-35 to Post will be the 90' right of way from center line. Douglas from 66 to Waterloo will also be 90' The plan is not 6 lanes but 4 with a wide median. Air Depot will be also but not the entire way. Midwest will not be. Just a tid bit for those interested.

More housing coming to East Edmond(east of I-35) which will be higher density type developments than what is currently there.

Edmond Planning Commissioners voted 3-0 Tuesday in recommending approval to the Edmond City Council the rezoning of 31 acres east of Air Depot Boulevard and North of Danforth Road. Larry Toombs is the applicant for three items.

The 102 acres also gained approval for rezoning from general agricultural to a residential planned unit development and support for amending the Edmond Plan from mixed-use urban business park to residential PUD.

The Edmond Plan had set the area aside for a future business park. The site is near the future site of a public school as well as commercial development.

- Residential rezoning approved by commission | News | edmondsun.com
    As a reminder, the future commercial development is referring to http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/41837-woodland-park.html and a new Edmond high school.

I think they mean the new elementary school at Douglas and Coffee Creek rd. Lots of building is slated to begin east of I-35 soon. In 3-5 yrs, it will be a different east side.

Ah! I didn't know about that. The east side is about to literally explode with development. Almost time for another fire station and police substation over there. I do have concerns about the infrastructure as I'm not sure if Edmond even has listed plans about expansions. The only thing I know of is an ODOT project for the Waterloo interchange and the SH66 Widening from 2 to 4 lanes.

There are plans for additional fire stations but that can change. As far as a police substation, there is the lake house. I think it was going to be rebuilt. Our retired fire chief was foreward thinking and saved money up and when ideal land for the next two fire station came on the market and good prices, that land was purchased.

By the way it was the folks that owned the 2 mile sections slated to be woodland park that spent their own money to bring water and sewer east of I-35 and not the City of Edmond. They just had deeper pockets.

Here is the PDF file for the new housing development expanding Town Square to be called Town Square Commons.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=8063&prev=0#

Thread Information