Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New housing developments in Edmond

Default Re: New housing developments in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.a.owen View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been addressed/asked (I tried clicking all the links) but does anyone know the name of the condos/apartment development that is going in just South of 2nd/Edmond on I believe Fretz? Drove by today and it was my first time noticing it.
    Pretty sure you are talking about the Olde Town lofts if I am correct. They have been there for a few years now, construction stalled during the recession, but have recently started construction again on the development.
    Last edited by tpg4635; 11-11-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Can't type

I caught a remark during the council meeting about a proposed new housing development just east of Covell and Coltrane, 366 lots to it. Anyone hear anything more about it?

Incredible. Every project I seem to love and think will be of quality product, seems to get shot down. Ok, well, pretty much everything seems to try and shoot down a project in Edmond.

Edmond neighbors speak up against 366 new homes | News OK

Same crap. Too many houses... too small lots... too much traffic... too much noise... increased crime yadayadayada

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I caught a remark during the council meeting about a proposed new housing development just east of Covell and Coltrane, 366 lots to it. Anyone hear anything more about it?
    I guess I missed this post, but yes. I just posted about it directly above.

Here is the site plan:

I think as they city really starts to grow northward, realization might hit these people and they might have a 'oh sh!t moment' of "oh, I live within 30 miles of a city with a metro of 1.4 million people" and maybe they'll tame down a bit. It just amazes me how no matter what kind of neighborhood, big or small, the nearby neighbors always seem to protest anything and everything, like the own the property. As long as the setbacks don't impede the eventual road widening to six lanes, I'm good with it.

5. Default Re: New housing developments in Edmond

First thing they should do to cut down on traffic is add exits on I35 on coffee creek and Sorghum Mill. Everyone who lives in this area has to take the covell exit, leading to traffic nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    First thing they should do to cut down on traffic is add exits on I35 on coffee creek and Sorghum Mill. Everyone who lives in this area has to take the covell exit, leading to traffic nightmares.
    Yeah. Also the Danforth interchange should have nb entry.... sb exit.

I hope they don't let these developers turn East Edmond into West Edmond with these small homes and cramped neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    I hope they don't let these developers turn East Edmond into West Edmond with these small homes and cramped neighborhoods.
    The most Edmond post ever! Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Incredible. Every project I seem to love and think will be of quality product, seems to get shot down. Ok, well, pretty much everything seems to try and shoot down a project in Edmond.
    Because you always seem most excited about the ones who are always asking for variances and special rules. The ones that go through, aren't trying to get variances, aren't trying to changes the zoning, etc, tend to go through with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerThunder1 View Post
    The most Edmond post ever! Lmao!
    Curious, do you live in East Edmond?

One of my beefs with DOT is the lack of planning for the future. When I 35 was built or I should say finished in the 80's in Edmond. Sorgrhom Mill and Coffee Creek and Danforth should all have had full interchanges and access roads. Now with expensive homes being built around them, its going to be way to much money to do that. Buying out $500,000+ homes ah not going to happen. Section roads shoud have been planned for 6 lanes each way. Also Memorial in Okc today was bumper to bumper when I drove through. Now tell me, when that area is built out and with 2 lanes each way, can we say grid lock!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Because you always seem most excited about the ones who are always asking for variances and special rules. The ones that go through, aren't trying to get variances, aren't trying to changes the zoning, etc, tend to go through with no problems.
    I can't argue with that.

^^^^^^
    Any chance you could copy and paste that article?
    Thanks

I would if I had a sub but I don't right now.

Willowwood or what ever the latest name the Frankfort family that is developing 2 whole miles sections as PUD on Douglas in Edmond, has 3 changes to the PUD going before the Edmond Planning commission on the 19th. I forgot to call the city and find out what the changes are and am wondering if they are planning on turning dirt anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    One of my beefs with DOT is the lack of planning for the future. When I 35 was built or I should say finished in the 80's in Edmond. Sorghum Mill and Coffee Creek and Danforth should all have had full interchanges and access roads.
    The I-35 rebuild from NE 63rd to US66 was done in the 70's. It was never extended north of 2nd St. The only improvement after that was the Covell Rd interchange. Given the current cost of a standard diamond interchange today, where do you expect ODOT to come up with the additional $75 to $100 million to redo those 3 interchanges?

75-100 million? Would it really cost that much though? I thought they cost more like 10-15 per interchange.

Also, like I said they have plans for I35 eventually being six laned so SH51 someday as every new bridge structure along that route is being built for that and in their long term plan they 35 going to six lanes from 2ND to Covell with extend service roads to Waterloo.

Seeing as that isn't in their 8 yr plan it is still a ways out but I would think once they do that, they would add new ramps.

The cost is split up also.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    The I-35 rebuild from NE 63rd to US66 was done in the 70's. It was never extended north of 2nd St. The only improvement after that was the Covell Rd interchange. Given the current cost of a standard diamond interchange today, where do you expect ODOT to come up with the additional $75 to $100 million to redo those 3 interchanges?
    Rte66man,
    Just a slight correction and you may have known this, but the work from NE 63rd to US66 was not an "I-35 Rebuild". I-35 was never completed through that area until the 70's, I lived there, I know. It was four lane divided with left and right turns at several places. I have no Idea why it wasn't brought up to interstate specs before that, but... Who knows? I even used to ride my Gravely tractor across the highway to the camper wash at what used to be an RTA campground. It was quite a change when they built the bridge over 122nd (our main way to grocery shop), and the 122nd street bridge over Deep Fork.
    C. T.

It was in the early 80's. I was on the Edmond Fire dept and remember a bad wreck on 15th and the highway. Someone did not stop at the stop sign and ran into a car on the highway.

If someone else doesn't do it, I might give this its own thread if I'm reading it right, but there seems to be a very large, Dallas type mixed-use development, going in East Edmond on Covell around Douglas and Coffee Creek taking up a fair amount of land with new homes, schools, and shopping centers. I could be looking at it wrong, but that is how I looked at it. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and what exactly they build there.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=7544&prev=0#

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=7545&prev=0#

This development is a 1/2 mile from my place. I'm wondering what the impact will have on the value of my acreage. I'm thinking I might stay and watch this develop. I've been told that they plan on turning dirt in about 18 month.

Yeah I'm only 22 so take what advice from me you will lol, but I'd definitely hold onto to it until this, the high-school, and the I-35 and Covell project is completed.

It looks like this development is going to lead to some 4 laneing of roads east of I-35. The right of way is going to be 90 ft from the center line of Douglas vs 75 ft for other miles sections. Does this sound like a 5 or 6 lane road to anybody??

I think most new row is for the eventual six landing of most roads. I really would have preferred they six laned Covell instead of 4 lane. They almost did given how wide the lanes are.

Thread Information