Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam's coming to Moore?

Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I heard the plan looks like sams will be built in moore at the old walmart site which is currently convergy. Walmart still owns the land and building.
    The land is two lots and the split is about 1/5 the way through the building. The eastern lot is owned by Convergys. The western lot is owned by HMFIC 2, LLC. I believe the 'for lease' sign is on the HMFIC portion of the building. Im pretty sure Walmart sold the property in 2001?

From what I understand, Wal-Mart doesn't own any of their structures... they have someone else build it and then sign a 99-year lease. When they move out the owner can then lease it to someone else, but it's ALWAYS as the "secondary" occupant that would have to vacate if the "primary" occupant (Wal-Mart) ever wanted to move back in.

It's what I've been told, but I don't have any way to confirm this... I will say that this move, as well as many other examples, definitely follow that information.

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    The land is two lots and the split is about 1/5 the way through the building. The eastern lot is owned by Convergys. The western lot is owned by HMFIC 2, LLC. I believe the 'for lease' sign is on the HMFIC portion of the building. Im pretty sure Walmart sold the property in 2001?
    HMFIC??? Really? lol

I think Sam's is going in West of Fitness One.

I thought Costco was going west of Fitness One.

5. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    I think Sam's is going in West of Fitness One.
    Nope. It will be where the old Walmart was located. Where Convergys is now.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Nope. It will be where the old Walmart was located. Where Convergys is now.
    When?

Has anyone heard any further info on this Sam's? Would be nice not to have to drive to Norman for one.

8. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

The plans were completed a few weeks ago. Shouldn't be long before they start mobilizing on it but I have not heard an exact date.

Awesome! Thanks!
    The plans were completed a few weeks ago. Shouldn't be long before they start mobilizing on it but I have not heard an exact date.

10. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

So would that mean convergys had to finda new home?

11. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Yes. The old building will be demolished.

Kind of sad for me in a way. I did the design drafting on that Walmart back in the 90's.

12. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Yes. The old building will be demolished.

Kind of sad for me in a way. I did the design drafting on that Walmart back in the 90's.
    Would be nice to see something new there. I wonder if they will choose to stay in Moore or decide to move out. Im not sure what the building availability would be for them. I guess there is always Crossroads lol

Would be nice to see something new there. I wonder if they will choose to stay in Moore or decide to move out. Im not sure what the building availability would be for them. I guess there is always Crossroads lol
    The Macy's building at Crossroads is for sale, Could anyone see Convergys going in there?

I don't see any evidence of this...

I have a feeling Convergys is not using the whole building anymore. Just simply because their parking lot is not as full as what it used to be. Not to mention, technology is downsizing/slowly phasing out mammoth call centers. Most people are going online for assistance and very few people have use for a live operator unless they are registering a complaint.

16. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    I don't see any evidence of this...
    Well I have. So what's your point exactly?

17. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    I have a feeling Convergys is not using the whole building anymore. Just simply because their parking lot is not as full as what it used to be. Not to mention, technology is downsizing/slowly phasing out mammoth call centers. Most people are going online for assistance and very few people have use for a live operator unless they are registering a complaint.
    Very true. Not to mention most of the big outsourcers have at home products now, the brick and mortar model is is slowly dying away.

Doh!

It hasn't been posted for permit or bid. I am curious to your source, PM me....

Buildings are designed a long time before permits or bids are posted. Which sounds like his background. I have no reason to believe he is making it up. A lot more interesting things to lie about like the design plans for a mystery tower for example. lol

21. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Well I did mention that I did the plans for the original Walmart in the 90's.

I didn't work on the plans for Sam's but I have seen them and know they are complete.

Well I did mention that I did the plans for the original Walmart in the 90's.

I didn't work on the plans for Sam's but I have seen them and know they are complete.
    I don't doubt you, but if they are complete they are not out there on the typical channels to those who currently design them.... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

19th Street just keeps getting better. I remember when there wasn't much more than a Wal-Mart over there. Sure has come a long ways.

If this is so eminent, why is there a for lease sign up?

25. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Nostalgia maybe.... It's been hanging there for a long time.

Saw some revisions being made to the plans this week so it wil still be a little bit before they go out to bid.

Thread Information