Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam's coming to Moore?

Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    I believe you are correct. The new house is however, in the Moore school district.
    Again this untrue, its very close, but definitely in Norman School District

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Again this untrue, its very close, but definitely in Norman School District
    Norman public schools northern boundary is on Franklin Rd. in this area. The Stoops' house is north of Franklin Rd so they are in the Moore school district. If you go to the Norman Public School webpage, you will find a map of the district and elementary school lines. That map will verify this information.

Note: the Stoop's house is in the City of Norman but is in the Moore Public School district.

3. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

So....Sam's is coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Yup, it's opening up in Bob Stoops' new house.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I am sure they probably will. There is a gap and Walmart has already announced an expansion, so I don't see why not.

6. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I am sure they probably will. There is a gap and Walmart has already announced an expansion, so I don't see why not.
    I was pointing out the actual subject on this thread that was completely derailed.

Oh haha. I see lol... Yeah, I was curious what Bob Stoops had to with a new Sam's opening up in Moore.

Wasn't there a SAM'S previously in Moore? I'm thinking it was in the general area where PENNY'S is now, on the East side of I-35, 19th St exit. Failed for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Wasn't there a SAM'S previously in Moore? I'm thinking it was in the general area where PENNY'S is now, on the East side of I-35, 19th St exit. Failed for some reason.
    It was originally a similar concept named "Super Saver." It lasted for a few years, wasn't very compelling, and was (oddly enough), bought out by Sams and run for maybe six months before being shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Yeah, I always wondered why Sam's and that Outlet Mall of America place failed. Granted, the flea market that took up shop after the outlet mall vacated didn't fair too well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerdude View Post
    Yeah, I always wondered why Sam's and that Outlet Mall of America place failed. Granted, the flea market that took up shop after the outlet mall vacated didn't fair too well either.
    I believe Sam's bought that location to purposely shut it down, because a decent warehouse club in that area kept people away from what was then the primary location just off I-40 in west OKC. The Outlet Mall was a nasty pit of a place from Day One.

I know there were rumblings about Sams a while back, but some double-secret negotiations were still pending. Have to assume something is imminent. I for one would be delighted to have a Sam's over in Moore, be a much shorter drive for us from our confines..

12. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    It was originally a similar concept named "Super Saver." It lasted for a few years, wasn't very compelling, and was (oddly enough), bought out by Sams and run for maybe six months before being shut down.
    Not to derail the subject, but for those of you who watch Duck Dynasty, the owner of the Super Saver was the father of Korie (Duck Commander CEO's wife).

I believe Sam's bought that location to purposely shut it down, because a decent warehouse club in that area kept people away from what was then the primary location just off I-40 in west OKC. The Outlet Mall was a nasty pit of a place from Day One.

I know there were rumblings about Sams a while back, but some double-secret negotiations were still pending. Have to assume something is imminent. I for one would be delighted to have a Sam's over in Moore, be a much shorter drive for us from our confines..
    Yeah, living in Moore, it's either Norman, or drag your behind to MWC for Sam's.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisok View Post
    Not to derail the subject, but for those of you who watch Duck Dynasty, the owner of the Super Saver was the father of Korie (Duck Commander CEO's wife).
    That's pretty interesting. I'll have to remember that one.

That's my understanding/remembering of how it went down. Super Saver opened in Moore not too long after Sams in MWC. Sam's bought out Super Saver pretty quick, just after a year or two iirc and quickly converted it to a Sams for another year or so, perhaps less. That was years ago but I'm thinking they ultimately closed it because it was pulling too much business from Sams in MWC as well as Walmart, which back then was located just a 1/4 mile north.

That's pretty interesting that Super Saver has ties to Duck Dynasty..

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Absolutely untrue, I know for a fact. The boys (twins) go to Whittier Middle School and the daughter goes to Norman North High School.
    Then something must have changed. They used to go to All Saint's Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by LovableGoober View Post
    Then something must have changed. They used to go to All Saint's Catholic.
    Probably got too expensive to send all of his kids there.

I heard the plan looks like sams will be built in moore at the old walmart site which is currently convergy. Walmart still owns the land and building.

19. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I heard the plan looks like sams will be built in moore at the old walmart site which is currently convergy. Walmart still owns the land and building.
    You heard correctly.

How reliable is your source for this info on Sams? I called the city and they know nothing about Sams comming to Moore

21. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

My sources are very reliable... It is still in the conceptual phases though.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    My sources are very reliable... It is still in the conceptual phases though.
    So how long would you estimate untill this is built? Months? Years?

23. Default Re: Sam's coming to Moore?

That I'm not sure about and since it is still conceptual there is still the chance it might not happen at all.

I do know that once it goes to the design phase that Walmart usually wants it done yesterday. So at that point it begins to move very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    That I'm not sure about and since it is still conceptual there is still the chance it might not happen at all.

I do know that once it goes to the design phase that Walmart usually wants it done yesterday. So at that point it begins to move very quickly.
    This is exactly how I see Walmart being. Once they get the project going, it always seems like their buildings are up and running in no time. You got to like that efficiency.

Lets just say the big guys came to town on thurday and talked about the future moore location. It all put into play, if you notice there is a for lease sign on the building convergy is in.

Thread Information