06jun-thu-see sna/ont for lax alt.
    Alternate service\
    1ua6246 okclax 600a 704a cr7 0 304\
    2aa3635* okclax 705a 805a cr7 0 300\
    3aa3660* okclax 150p 250p cr7 0 300\
    4aa3663* okclax 535p 635p cr7 0 300\
    5ua6442 okclax 800p 904p cr7 0 304\ >

2. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

any chance of an OKC-MSY direct fly ever? I go down there at least 5-10 times a year on Southwest and there always seems to be a good amount of okc people on my flights.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    any chance of an OKC-MSY direct fly ever? I go down there at least 5-10 times a year on Southwest and there always seems to be a good amount of okc people on my flights.
    Umm who was it...Trans States I think that tried it. They did sell it under the UA brand but they had full financial responsibility for the route. I can't remember how the numbers were on the route. I don't really see WN attempting it right now. Much of the focus is going to be getting the rest of AirTran network converted and also getting Love Field opened up next year.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

I mentioned this just a couple days ago. It's happening.

Delta will be reducing MEM flights down to just 1 daily starting in April, it's has already been cut back to 2 daily (thought it was still 3). I expect this route to be dead by the end of the year.

Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Someday in the future (probably not short term) I could see WN starting it. I'm guessing there might be some oil/energy traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I mentioned this just a couple days ago. It's happening.

Delta will be reducing MEM flights down to just 1 daily starting in April, it's has already been cut back to 2 daily (thought it was still 3). I expect this route to be dead by the end of the year.
    That's really too bad - but I guess was inevitable with the DL/NW merger. Always enjoyed connecting in MEM. Surprised MEM has stayed this strong for these many years being in such close proximity to the the colossus ATL.

Will this mean an increase in service to another DL city? I hate to lose a city,but even more so hate to lose seats. Im hoping that this lose of service(eventually) is counteracted with a seat increase to another city...

8. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Southwest officially announced today flights to Kansas City will be ending August 11th.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Will this mean an increase in service to another DL city? I hate to lose a city,but even more so hate to lose seats. Im hoping that this lose of service(eventually) is counteracted with a seat increase to another city...
    Doubtful. Most of the pax can probably be accommodated on existing services.

Southwest officially announced today flights to Kansas City will be ending August 11th.
    Disappointing to see this. But not unexpected due to the increase in MDW service.

Do you have a supporting source? Can't seem to find any official news online from SWA.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Interesting read. US Airways response to get the DCA slot for service to OKC.

Regulations.gov

Still don't think they have a good shot, but the banter is entertaining.

HangryHippo Guest

Man, that sucks that SW will no longer fly to KC. I use that route all the time.

I really hope we get the one to DCA. That's the one flight I really covet.

Interesting read. US Airways response to get the DCA slot for service to OKC.

Regulations.gov

Still don't think they have a good shot, but the banter is entertaining.
    Thanks for posting that. I agree, I don't think they'll get it. I wouldn't discount it though, DC is very political (shocker) and as long as US is making the right campaign contributions, things can work in their favor.

Interesting article from the Tulsa World comparing the recent paths of TUL and OKC.

Tulsa-Los Angeles nonstop flights canceled; Tulsa losing flights as OKC gains | Tulsa World

17. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Interesting article from the Tulsa World comparing the recent paths of TUL and OKC.

Tulsa-Los Angeles nonstop flights canceled; Tulsa losing flights as OKC gains | Tulsa World
    Interesting take, even though they have the flight totals for us wrong to LAX - 5 daily soon not 3 daily like they state.

Also got the start date for CLE wrong, starts on the 14th of this month, and not april.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post

I'm surprised TUL can't support at least one flight to the West Coast, and wonder if AA would add this route again.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Well, I guess we all knew it was coming sooner or later, but it's still big news nonetheless and could have a decent impact on OKC.

American Airlines merger expected next week | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

I see this as a net positive for options out of OKC as we shouldn't lose any of the current AA routes and might pick up a 1 or 2x daily to CLT and possibly PHL.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Well, I guess we all knew it was coming sooner or later, but it's still big news nonetheless and could have a decent impact on OKC.

American Airlines merger expected next week | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

I see this as a net positive for options out of OKC as we shouldn't lose any of the current AA routes and might pick up a 1 or 2x daily to CLT and possibly PHL.
    I wouldn't mind flights to CLT or PHL, but I'm really hoping for something to DCA. Guess that decision still hasn't been made...?

22. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I wouldn't mind flights to CLT or PHL, but I'm really hoping for something to DCA. Guess that decision still hasn't been made...?
    It has not.

It's looking like the combined airlines will continue to use the American name. That make sense since American recently went to the trouble of changing logos and paint on their planes. It's unlikely they would have done that if it would have to be changed again after the merger.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    It's looking like the combined airlines will continue to use the American name. That make sense since American recently went to the trouble of changing logos and paint on their planes. It's unlikely they would have done that if it would have to be changed again after the merger.
    That has always been the plan. American's name has a much further reach than US Airways. Much like when USAir was doing the hostile take over of Delta, the plan was to keep the Delta brand. The new paint scheme and logo means nothing to do. United just did a new paint scheme before merging with Continental only to use CO's paint scheme. So really at the end of the day the paint on the plane is meaningless. Every aircraft has to be stripped for C and D checks, so they all get repainted on a fairly regular basis anyway.

Impacts on OKC in there. I really don't think DCA is going to happen with the slot award. It could be an option post merger. However, I also fully expect the DOJ to require American to sell its DCA slots off since US Airways is too big there already. That's going to mean there will be some markets that will get pulled back to maintain service levels to the existing AA hubs.

Fleet wise things fit as well as can be expected these days - meaning nothing will really change. We might see the A330s sold off, but I doubt it. The fun comes with the merging of all the unions. Ugh. The pilots is where things will get very ugly because USAir has extremely senior people that rivals any other group out there. The other interesting part is that its contract already has the Embraer 190s as mainline aircraft so AA won't be able to farm those out ever. Not that they would.

Good or bad...Doug Parker is about to be the CEO of what will be the largest airline in the world.

That has always been the plan. American's name has a much further reach than US Airways. Much like when USAir was doing the hostile take over of Delta, the plan was to keep the Delta brand. The new paint scheme and logo means nothing to do. United just did a new paint scheme before merging with Continental only to use CO's paint scheme. So really at the end of the day the paint on the plane is meaningless. Every aircraft has to be stripped for C and D checks, so they all get repainted on a fairly regular basis anyway.

Impacts on OKC in there. I really don't think DCA is going to happen with the slot award. It could be an option post merger. However, I also fully expect the DOJ to require American to sell its DCA slots off since US Airways is too big there already. That's going to mean there will be some markets that will get pulled back to maintain service levels to the existing AA hubs.

Fleet wise things fit as well as can be expected these days - meaning nothing will really change. We might see the A330s sold off, but I doubt it. The fun comes with the merging of all the unions. Ugh. The pilots is where things will get very ugly because USAir has extremely senior people that rivals any other group out there. The other interesting part is that its contract already has the Embraer 190s as mainline aircraft so AA won't be able to farm those out ever. Not that they would.

Good or bad...Doug Parker is about to be the CEO of what will be the largest airline in the world.
    I agree that the AA name was always the main focus for a merger but disagree about the paint and logo. That's not what I'm hearing from my contacts at AA. It's not just about the cost of paint on a plane when making a change like that.

A couple of weeks ago there was one day when trying to reach anyone of significance at American was virtually impossible. Everyone was in a meeting. That told me that something big was getting ready to happen.

Thread Information