Widgets Magazine
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 353637383940

Thread: Odot

Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think Gatz took on 2 more titles as they opened up over the last couple years. I'm sure the total salary was kept in each department and Gatz got a bump in pay that was a portion of that salary for his new "responsibilities", and the rest was spread around or held in their account for future use.
    With this administration, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 paychecks were kept the same amount and he took home the full amount of all 3 of them. But I haven't kept up with it much, so I'm not sure. One story says his salary was $245,000/year after he was given a $60,000 raise by the OK Transportation Department. No idea if that was a combo or just from one position, though, reporting didn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It is about Stitt wanting complete control over everything whether it is constitutional or not.
    You don't know what you're talking about. it's not about Stitt wanting control. This has been precedent since before even Brad Henry, who appointed Phil Tomlinson Secretary of Transportation and OTA director. Herschel Crow was Secretary of Transportation and Commission chairman. Gary Ridley was all three, and before him it was Neal McCaleb.

Can we get the name of this thread changed to ODOT

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    With this administration, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 paychecks were kept the same amount and he took home the full amount of all 3 of them. But I haven't kept up with it much, so I'm not sure. One story says his salary was $245,000/year after he was given a $60,000 raise by the OK Transportation Department. No idea if that was a combo or just from one position, though, reporting didn't say.
    this answers that question

Brenda Perry Clark, spokesperson for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, said Gatz was paid $245,000 as director of both the Transportation Department and the turnpike authority. Gatz was not paid a salary as transportation secretary. Perry Clark said the salary cost was shared 50/50 between the turnpike authority and the state Transportation Department, along with benefits and travel. The only caveat, she said, was if travel was specific to one agency, that was paid by that agency in full.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lt...5&sc=shoreline

this opinion by the AG will cost the state several million dollars a year

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

Then update the state constitution and take your whining elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Then update the state constitution and take your whining elsewhere.
    just because the AG issues an opinion doesn't mean he is correct ( also doesn't mean he is incorrect) ..

the point is this is not something Stitt came up with or just decided to do it has been done this way for decades ..

It maybe the right decision in the long run, but it will cost the state more money in the short run.

At some point ODOT and OTA may just get merged together. I don't know how difficult that would be from a legislative standpoint.

Blog Entries

Like banning certain banks from operating for the state and costing taxpayers millions?

[QUOTE=BoulderSooner;1260199]this answers that question

this opinion by the AG will cost the state several million dollars a year[/QUOTE]

That is a very bold statement to make with nothing to support your opinion. Could you explain the multi-million dollar a year figure you claimed?

[QUOTE=Jersey Boss;1260314]

this opinion by the AG will cost the state several million dollars a year[/QUOTE]

That is a very bold statement to make with nothing to support your opinion. Could you explain the multi-million dollar a year figure you claimed?
    just with the odot example it will cost the state around 400k plus state benifits .. (so over 500k cost to the state) .. and that is for 2 exec level jobs ...

but this ag opinion is not limited to odot/turnpike/transportation sec .. it will run the gambit of government .. as the article says a new cabinet level apt for workforce development (as the lt gov used to run) a new exec for ag dept .. and on and on ..

Thread Information