Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Odot

Default Re: Odot

If the new signage reduces the confusion of having to follow the signs for I-44 Westbound to go east on I-240, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    235 isn't a spur, it's a connector, which can have an odd or even first digit. A spur does not end at another interstate.
    Thanks for the clarification. So if it had been designated an Interstate from I-40 to the Freeway Terminus in South Edmond, that would have then made it a true spur. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Expert View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. So if it had been designated an Interstate from I-40 to the Freeway Terminus in South Edmond, that would have then made it a true spur. Much appreciated!
    yep 235 ends at 44 ..... 77 (Broadway extension) continues past 44 north to edmond

4. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    yep 235 ends at 44 ..... 77 (Broadway extension) continues past 44 north to edmond
    My question is why the l-235 designation wasn't extended on up to the Kilpatrick?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    My question is why the l-235 designation wasn't extended on up to the Kilpatrick?
    the kilpatrick wasn't an interstate ..

i wonder if the above plan passes if that will be revisited at some point .

Typically all it has to have to have the even first number is that it intersects at 2 other interstate highways. For instance, 235 connects to both 44 and 35. It doesn't necessarily mean it has to connect to 35 twice or specifically.

They would almost be better off just giving these state highway numbers and calling it a day. The Creek Turnpike doesn't totally suck as SH-364.

7. Default Re: Odot

What does that matter? It will be.

Updated plan coming on October 2Nd

The commission will consider approval of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation’s Eight-Year Construction Work Plan for Federal Fiscal Years 2024-2031. The annually updated plan contains nearly $9 billion in highway improvements statewide for the next eight years. The nearly $500 million Asset Preservation Plan addressing maintenance of existing infrastructure will also be presented.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...-monday--.html

8 year plan officially updated new and expedited projects listed.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/programs-a...work-plan.html

FY2024-2027 Asset Preservation Plan
    $497 million in total investment
    290 total projects
    Rehabilitation of 146 highway bridges
    More than 1,800 miles of pavement resurfacing
    Notable projects added or advanced in the Eight-Year Construction Work Plan include:
    In the Oklahoma City metro area, improvements to the I-35/I-240 and I-35/I-44 interchanges as well as resurfacing I-35 between the Oklahoma River and S.E. 89th
    In the Tulsa metro area, improvements to the I-44 and US-75 interchange.
    In Eastern Oklahoma, resurfacing of US-69 between Checotah and Eufaula in McIntosh County.
    In Southeastern Oklahoma, adding shoulders along SH-37 west of Idabel and improvements on US-259 in Hochatown in McCurtain County moved forward to 2024.
    In Southeast Central Oklahoma, bridge rehabilitations over I-44 at SH-37 East and S.W. 119th in Cleveland County and at SH-145 over I-35 in Garvin County.
    In South Central Oklahoma, planning for improvements along I-35 between Marietta in Love County and Springer in Carter County, as well as an I-35 bridge reconstruction at Thackerville in Love County.
    In Western Oklahoma, widening US-270 near SH-58 west of Watonga in Blaine County, and pavement reconstruction on I-40 west of US-281 in Caddo County.
    In Northwest Oklahoma, adding shoulders to SH-45 in Alfalfa County and resurfacing part of US-281 in Alva in Woods County.
    https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...ma-highwa.html

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Too bad we can’t take some of this budget surplus the state says they have a move some of these big projects up to the near term rather than the end of the 8 year plan. Lots of big projects on that plan that will be great improvements when complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Too bad we can’t take some of this budget surplus the state says they have a move some of these big projects up to the near term rather than the end of the 8 year plan. Lots of big projects on that plan that will be great improvements when complete.
    1000% and would actually save money doing it now vs 8 years from now.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    1000% and would actually save money doing it now vs 8 years from now.
    Was the I-40/44 interchange moved up or changed?

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    With the governor wanting to end personal income tax (I think it will happen sooner rather than later), moving anything out of surplus will be catastrophic.

I don’t see anything about resurfacing I-35 between 2nd St. in Edmond and I-44 but maybe I am missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    I don’t see anything about resurfacing I-35 between 2nd St. in Edmond and I-44 but maybe I am missing it.
    It is listed for 2030 currently

Also along 35 in that area I’m seeing that the tollway to 35 exit at 122 is scheduled for 2026
    2nd street north to Logan county in 2029
    Ft smith jct to 35/44 in 2031

What is the 2.5 BNSF rail rehab piece?

17. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    With the governor wanting to end personal income tax (I think it will happen sooner rather than later), moving anything out of surplus will be catastrophic.
    He says that, but the legislature has been clear that the aren't just going to give up revenue. The state would collapse. The governor might be able to say he's won and gotten rid of this tax or another tax, but it will just get replaced by another income method. Property Tax, Sales Tax, etc. It's all gonna come from somewhere because sh*t isn't free.

18. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    He says that, but the legislature has been clear that the aren't just going to give up revenue. The state would collapse. The governor might be able to say he's won and gotten rid of this tax or another tax, but it will just get replaced by another income method. Property Tax, Sales Tax, etc. It's all gonna come from somewhere because sh*t isn't free.
    Oh, to a lot of people's ways of thinking, it is.

https://okcfox.com/news/local/oklaho...court-hb-2263#
    Attorney General Gentner Drummond released two separate opinions Tuesday afternoon that relate to the Oklahoma Turn Pike Authority (OTA) and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT).

One of the opinions focused on Secretary of Transportation Tim Gatz also serving as the Executive Director of ODOT and Executive Director of OTA.

The opinion states that it violates the state Constitution which prohibits a person from holding all three positions at the same time.

According to the opinion, the Oklahoma Supreme Court defines a public office as:

A position that was created or authorized by law
    The law imposes certain duties for the position-holder
    The duties "exercise some portion of sovereign power"
    Drummond's formal opinion noted that exceptions have been made before, but none of them apply to the three positions Gatz is involved in.

The opinion also explained that an office official who takes up a second office then vacates the first one

^ So two more jobs were created? Three people probably cost more than one guy I imagine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    ^ So two more jobs were created? Three people probably cost more than one guy I imagine.
    Jobs weren’t created. It’s just who occupies each position and who appoints them. It is about Stitt wanting complete control over everything whether it is constitutional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Jobs weren’t created. It’s just who occupies each position and who appoints them. It is about Stitt wanting complete control over everything whether it is constitutional or not.
    he is not wrong though about if it is 3 people it is 3 pay checks .. (if Gatz is getting triple paid by the state I and wrong and will say so .)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is not wrong though about if it is 3 people it is 3 pay checks .. (if Gatz is getting triple paid by the state I and wrong and will say so .)
    Maybe he was being paid some ridiculous amount, but they probably set the salary structure for his unique situation.

I think Gatz took on 2 more titles as they opened up over the last couple years. I'm sure the total salary was kept in each department and Gatz got a bump in pay that was a portion of that salary for his new "responsibilities", and the rest was spread around or held in their account for future use.

Thread Information