Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Odot

Default Re: Odot

Looks like we're very middle of the road

I just don't understand why ODOT puts patches on things.

Here's an idea, lets reroute traffic, close it down, and just rebuild the whole thing! My god, it existed before the interstates did. Infrastructure doesn't last forever...especially just patchwork. Remember the old Crosstown? People were afraid to drive on it and that's what this is gonna turn into!

Sent from my Inspiron 7537 using Tapatalk

That's what I would do. I would also build it below grade as well.

5. Default Re: Odot

So...where would you propose we get the half billion or so that it would take to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    So...where would you propose we get the half billion or so that it would take to do that?
    oh geez I don't know... I'll reach into my wallet and pay for it out of pocket.

7. Default Re: Odot

Probably about as good a plan as any.

8. Default Re: Odot

Ooh! Wait, I know! We could start our own space program and fly to the moon to mine moon rocks to make the concrete out of! That way we can spend, like, a TRILLION dollars that we don't have!

9. Default Re: Odot

Hang on...maybe instead it could be an OKC-funded SPACE ELEVATOR TO MARS!

Ooh! Wait, I know! We could start our own space program and fly to the moon to mine moon rocks to make the concrete out of! That way we can spend, like, a TRILLION dollars that we don't have!
    We're making progress here! Like your thinking. But a trillion dollars seems a bit low. I KNOW.... WE'LL SPEND TWO TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way after we spend a trillion, we can spend another trillion building out endless sprawl that will cause the need to increase the budget and force us to develop new technology because the moon will have then be mined out and it will throw our weather patterns off, thus needing funding for future weather modification research and not counting the need to keep the infrastructure up out in the sprawl that has reached the Arbuckles. It is just great.

When we go into extreme debt because of the endless sprawl and CATASTROPHIC weather events because of the moon being completely mined, we can just go mine another moon, ON ANOTHER PLANET!!!!!!!!!

Here's a great video for the youngens about condensation. We all love that condensation !!

Here is a direct link to the new 8 year plan. Some really good stuff

Construction Work Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    Pete, is there any way for threads to not show up as updated when they are posted on by someone you've got ignored? I've got PluPlan on ignore but the threads are still showing up under Latest Posts (like this one).
    Pete, is there any way for posts like this one to disappear because it should have been a Private Message directly to you instead of a public post, unless it was a thinly veiled passive-aggressive shot at "someone you've got ignored."

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Pete, is there any way for posts like this one to disappear because it should have been a Private Message directly to you instead of a public post, unless it was a thinly veiled passive-aggressive shot at "someone you've got ignored."
    Of which yours is also a passive-aggressive shot...

16. Default Re: Odot

If I click the like link on any of these last few posts, is it also passive-aggressive?

Pete, is there any way for threads to not show up as updated when they are posted on by someone you've got ignored? I've got PluPlan on ignore but the threads are still showing up under Latest Posts (like this one).
    Ouch

18. Default Re: Odot

Don't worry PluPan not everyone has you on ignore. I just choose to take your posts with a grain of salt!

Don't worry PluPan not everyone has you on ignore. I just choose to take your posts with a grain of salt!
    well that makes me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    well that makes me feel better
    Well for what it's worth I appreciate the many interesting articles and updates you contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Well for what it's worth I appreciate the many interesting articles and updates you contribute.
    thanks man. It's good to know my countless hours posting on here are pleasing someone out there lol....

I don't have you on ignore. Just ribbing you. You were on a roll there with your posts and I was just being internety.
    I see

I'll try and tone down my highway posting

23. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    thanks man. It's good to know my countless hours posting on here are pleasing someone out there lol....
    I have you on ignore. There...can't let that head of yours get too big. :-P lol

Definitely an ODOT thread.
    Whole lot of yakking back and forth, not much overall progress on the ground.

From News9

ODOT Says It's 'Revolutionizing' Bridge Building In Oklahoma

MANNFORD, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Department of Transportation said it's revolutionizing bridge building. It said it's found the secret to speeding up the process, but it is slow, only an inch or so at a time.

Crews are replacing a bridge right now just west of Mannford, and engineers said it has never been done this way in the state.

It's more common on the east and west coasts, and the process is all to help drivers. The project would typically take six months, but with the new technology, it's set to only take 21 days.

It's the talk of the town, as more than 500 tons of concrete are slowly sliding into place near Mannford.

“How do you move a bridge, ya know,” asked Mannford resident, Billy Cole. “When I was a little boy, the bridges were mostly wood, you know.”

It's a construction project that beats all Cole has ever seen.

“We just know they're doing it, but we don't know how,” he said. “A bridge being moved, to me that's an impossibility.”

ODOT has been working for nearly a year to replace the Cottonwood Creek bridge without having to close a section of Highway 51, until now.

ODOT Construction Engineer, Mark Zishka said, “The more you can do to reduce the construction time the less you'll impact the motorist going to work."

Zishka said crews actually built the new bridge beside the old one, so the road could stay open for drivers.

Then on Monday, workers tore down the tattered bridge and started using hydraulics to push the new one into its place.

- read more here: ODOT Says It's 'Revolutionizing' Bridge Building In Oklahoma - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Thread Information