Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Odot

1. Default Re: Odot

Always good to see that the 240/35 interchange won't be done until 2022 with work not really starting until 2020. Sigh.

Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Always good to see that the 240/35 interchange won't be done until 2022 with work not really starting until 2020. Sigh.
    phase 1 in 2015

You will be riding a train to downtown OKC by then so don't worry about it .

4. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    phase 1 in 2015
    Did you even bother to read it? Phase 1 is mostly right of way acquisition...granted it does include the worst part EB 240 to SB 35. Then there is a 5 year pause in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    You will be riding a train to downtown OKC by then so don't worry about it .
    We can only hope! Though I wonder if I'll even still be here by then. Having snow in the winter and being by water again is calling my name more and more every day. LOL

We can only hope! Though I wonder if I'll even still be here by then. Having snow in the winter and being by water again is calling my name more and more every day. LOL
    Come down to Jax and I would be happy to show you some nice walkable neighborhoods near the river or the ocean. No snow but plenty of water. My wife is encouraging me to become a real estate agent focusing on traditional neighborhoods and urban living so I can use a test case .

Did you even bother to read it? Phase 1 is mostly right of way acquisition...granted it does include the worst part EB 240 to SB 35. Then there is a 5 year pause in anything.
    i did read it .. that is why i said phase 1 in 2015 ..

7. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Come down to Jax and I would be happy to show you some nice walkable neighborhoods near the river or the ocean. No snow but plenty of water. My wife is encouraging me to become a real estate agent focusing on traditional neighborhoods and urban living so I can use a test case .
    LOL...hurray for being a guinea pig. If I go anywhere it would be back north. I was sorta bummed I missed out on the aurora last night, it has been years since I've seen it. Anyway...I'm off topic now. LOL

Wondering what this little project is:

I-40 Crosstown: UPRR at the Harter Yard Railroad Rehabilitation

It lets next month so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tzshaner View Post
    It looks like this is the new report. Dated Oct 7, 2013

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/cwp-8...y2014-2021.pdf
    I love J Michael Patterson's signature...little overdone...

Did anyone notice the signature????

What is up with that?? Was that a joke or something, or is that really the guys signature?

Signatures don't really mean much anymore in the digital age.... Sometimes when I sign stuff I just draw a small picture or make up a name. Unless I'm at work signing something the FAA/internal audits will see.

I know, I just thought it was odd that a "professional" would sign like that for a public state document. It doesn't bother me, I just thought it was funny and perhaps it was an inside joke I am unaware about or something

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Signatures don't really mean much anymore in the digital age.... Sometimes when I sign stuff I just draw a small picture or make up a name. Unless I'm at work signing something the FAA/internal audits will see.
    My sig means something to me dawg gone it, lol. I practiced that thing like no other when I was a kid so when I was famous it'd be beautiful yet legible.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I know, I just thought it was odd that a "professional" would sign like that for a public state document. It doesn't bother me, I just thought it was funny and perhaps it was an inside joke I am unaware about or something
    That's not really a sig. I think it might be a first rendering of the upcoming redo for the 240/35 interchange.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    That's not really a sig. I think it might be a first rendering of the upcoming redo for the 240/35 interchange.
    Cloverleafs everywhere!

I wish ODOT would get with the program and build something like this.

The I-40/I-44 interchange would probably be the best place given the volume that goes through it. Also, it would be a great showcase for people approaching OKC from the west.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I wish ODOT would get with the program and build something like this.

The I-40/I-44 interchange would probably be the best place given the volume that goes through it. Also, it would be a great showcase for people approaching OKC from the west.
    OMG yes please!!!!!!! I looooove the high five!!!

Notice how the service roads go all the way through the interchange, unlike most of the ones here in Oklahoma. If they could place this exactly where you stated, I-44/I-40 right, near the Dell call center, that would be awesome!!!! It would be even more cool if the incorporated a light-rail system going through this. ..

17. Default Re: Odot

Drugs are bad.

18. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Drugs are bad.
    The kid has it bad for Texas and Dallas, give him a few years to at least be of legal age for drinking to start expecting common sense to start developing.

Sorry, I don't think the High 5 is the hallmark of civilization......

20. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Sorry, I don't think the High 5 is the hallmark of civilization......
    But just imagine how amazing it would look covered in an inch of ice after one of our typical ice storms...just ignore the cars plummeting off the edges.

I remember the day that I dreamed of living in Dallas...Young, dumb, and full of...well that's not board appropriate

But just imagine how amazing it would look covered in an inch of ice after one of our typical ice storms...just ignore the cars plummeting off the edges.
    Anything to get people living downtown

[totally a joke]

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I remember the day that I dreamed of living in Dallas...Young, dumb, and full of...well that's not board appropriate
    I remember those days as well, two years later I moved back to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Drugs are bad.
    Yes they are! But know this, vitamins are good!

The kid has it bad for Texas and Dallas, give him a few years to at least be of legal age for drinking to start expecting common sense to start developing.
    Because I want an efficient interchange that has proven itself time and time again, I don't have any common sense for developing? Seriously? So I suppose no one here would like a high-five for the I40/I44 interchange. . . Why is that exactly?

Thread Information