Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Odot

Default Re: Odot

Yes! I live in Moore, so this couldn't come faster for SW 4th & SW 19th highway intersections.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Yes! I live in Moore, so this couldn't come faster for SW 4th & SW 19th highway intersections.
    From what I gather this isn't even on the 8yr plan. Hopefully with the new infrastructure funds it can be moved up. I-35 from I-40 to Norman no doubt has to be the most congested corridor in the state. On further review of the project it appears as if ODOT will in fact evaluate the mainline lanes; perhaps they'll add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    From what I gather this isn't even on the 8yr plan. Hopefully with the new infrastructure funds it can be moved up. I-35 from I-40 to Norman no doubt has to be the most congested corridor in the state. On further review of the project it appears as if ODOT will in fact evaluate the mainline lanes; perhaps they'll add more.
    It seems like 44 between 40 & 240 both has a longer window of congestion and slower average speed

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It seems like 44 between 40 & 240 both has a longer window of congestion and slower average speed
    True that segment is pretty bad.

Woah, the x-ramps will be awesome!

“ Under questioning Monday by Shannon, Gatz said the entire interchange, not just a portion of the project, needed to be re-evaluated.”

If this results in a better interchange then I’m all for it.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...ccbd0133b.html
    So it isn't a better interchange proposed after all. Just a ramp that would have alleviated traffic from other ramps, one that about 60% the cost of which would have been paid for by the tribes, is removed. A minimum this should have been a half stack interchange to prepare the remaining road for an eventual freeway upgrade. I don't see how ODOT in any way justifies this is more beneficial for commuters.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...rchange-i.html

HangryHippo Guest

As long as it isn’t option 3, I’m good with the others.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...n-moore-a.html

Pretty big project but big mistake not adding additional mainline lanes. This freeway should be at minimum 5 lanes each way. Even better would be 5 free lanes each way plus 2 tolled lanes. Might seem like overkill but that would ensure this freeway flows for at least 40-50 more years with no traffic backups. If ODOT only adds one additional lane each way it will just be backed up in a few years and of course the anti car crowd will blame induced demand ignoring latent demand.

Adding interchanges at Rock Creek RD., and SW 34th ST., as well as building new service roads and converting existing to one way, rebuilding Robinson and SW 4th St. as a DDI, and new auxiliary lanes. I'd imagine this will be a several hundred million dollar project unless ODOT plans on doing these projects individually. Either way this will be a very significant project.

PS, very informative project page, ODOT has created for this project. I used to gripe at them for this but they have really improved. Cool interactive map you can use to view existing conditions and proposed. Hopefully they choose option 1.

PPS, I believe Moore has plans to grade separate the RR tracks with street on SW 4th. Would make sense to tie that project in with this one.

I wish they would do this from 2nd St. in Edmond to Seward Rd. or to the OK77 North left exit into Guthrie. Add at least one more lane on I-35 to go to 6 lanes, add overpasses and exits to each cross road without one (Danforth, Sorghum Mill, Coffee Creek, Simmons, Charter Oak) and add the frontage road. Talk about a project! Any guesses on the cost for something like that? $90-$100 mill?
    I'll just be glad when the Waterloo interchange is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I wish they would do this from 2nd St. in Edmond to Seward Rd. or to the OK77 North left exit into Guthrie. Add at least one more lane on I-35 to go to 6 lanes, add overpasses and exits to each cross road without one (Danforth, Sorghum Mill, Coffee Creek, Simmons, Charter Oak) and add the frontage road. Talk about a project! Any guesses on the cost for something like that? $90-$100 mill?
    I'll just be glad when the Waterloo interchange is complete.
    The Waterloo interchange will be a godsend once completed. ODOT will already widen I-35 to six lanes to SH-33. It would be very wise to add one way service roads. I wish ODOT would follow Texas and just adding them everywhere. It really helps with access to freeways and is a great alternative if there’s a wreck or something.

I’d something like that though would run close to half a billion dollars.

10. Default Re: Odot

I dont see that the whole 544 thing is worth the expense. Having been to airports across the country, ours is FAAAAAR from the only one to have intersections and stoplights on the path in to the airport grounds. Half the time, the stoplights are for the maze of roads for the airport grounds themselves. Cargo road traffic. All those businesses that pop up near runways. Etc. The fact that its so fast to go down Meridian today is quite the benefit for OKC travelers.

I've heard nothing but praise for people from all over the US that come to OKC for our office...clients/employees/etc. The speed and ease of the experience is always at the top of the list. If there's one thing they would change, the rental cars would be attached to the actual airport and not need a shuttle, but that seems to be the trend in other places.

One thing this would do is add more congestion to an already packed section of the road. If you add something like this, you also need to correct the need for I-44 traffic to combine with 240 traffic and swap places. If the area had better flow-through, then this mess wouldn't exist.

I do. Lots of great airports have fully controlled access direct to the terminal and many are embarking on projects spending millions to do so like the New Orleans airport.

And this plan would already reduce almost all of the congestion by reconfiguring that entire interchange.

well if the frontage roads in norman between Tecumseh and Robinson go one way... it's only going to make things worse. I live just south of Rock Creek and the only way in and our of our edition is by the frontage road, there is no other access. so that means i'm going to have to deal with the nightmare that is robinson to go anywhere, rather than having the options now to cut back and go across 35 at Rock Creek, or drive all the way up to Tecumseh. This will be an absolute nightmare for us. Robinson is already chaotic and the changes they just made, actually look like it is just pushing the problem further away from another intersection rather than actually fixing them. If they want to make them one way in moore, fine, but norman built with the idea of them not being, and would just be causing more congestion problems rather than getting rid of any.

No it will make things better because it is a more efficient set up Just wait

No it will make things better because it is a more efficient set up Just wait
    but it doesn't actually fix the real issues, which is that the Tecumseh exit is too close to the intersection for norman, that is the issue that sometimes causes slowdowns on 35... this doesn't fix that or correct any issues regarding that. It also will just shift all of the people living in my neighborhood to one single intersection, rather than the ability for them to go to rock creek, or all the way up to Tecumseh . so it's not fixing the issues at one intersection, and then just making another intersection worse... so how is that more efficient?

the issue on 19th street moore is the East/west traffic and the number of stoplights in such a close proximity. how is making these frontage roads one way, going to help alleviate the traffic that is caused by someone getting off from southbound I-35, trying to turn right (west) onto 19th street in moore, and waiting there sometimes 3-4 stop light rotations, because it's constant cars all the way to telephone road. this is an ODOT proposal that is trying to look for an issue to fix, but couldn't find one that they were able to tackle, so just made something up.

16. Default Re: Odot

One-way frontage roads aren't necessarily meant to cut down travel times. They're primarily a safety improvement, since they eliminate cross traffic where ramps meet the frontage roads. That is, rather than frontage road traffic meeting exiting traffic head-on, exiting traffic merges with the frontage road traffic, so there's less of a speed differential. They also make it less likely that drivers will misinterpet an off-ramp as an on-ramp and end up going the wrong way on the Interstate.

There are some operational benefits to having all of the traffic going the same way, though. I lived in the apartment complex on the west-side frontage road north of Robinson for a little while, and remember what a pain in the ass the light at Robinson was, with traffic sometimes backing up all the way to Braum's. I can only imagine it's gotten worse in the twelve years since I moved out. If that road became one-way, you'd have two lanes of traffic to get through there instead of one, and wouldn't have to deal with oncoming traffic from Robinson trying to turn into the shopping center. Yes, some trips are going to end up being a lot more circuitous than they are now, but that's outweighed by the accrued safety benefits for everyone else.

My concern here is that they're pairing the frontage roads with DDIs. Historically they don't play well together, because the DDIs end up moving traffic faster than the lights at the frontage roads can handle it, causing backups that end up obstructing the flow in the DDI itself. A SPUI (like the ones at Main and Lindsey) usually works a lot better in that situation, but it requires a much larger bridge than the existing ones, so it would be a lot more expensive.

ODOT: US-177/Perkins Rd. narrows at McElroy Rd. in Stillwater Monday.
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/od...5dc63f094.html

I was browsing the updated county assessor map)https://oklahomacounty.geocortex.com...Config/Default) and was looking at all the new housing additions in NW OKC. They really need to get on the ball of at least securing ROW for future freeways before the land gets developed. The ball is being dropped up there.

I was browsing the updated county assessor map)https://oklahomacounty.geocortex.com...Config/Default) and was looking at all the new housing additions in NW OKC. They really need to get on the ball of at least securing ROW for future freeways before the land gets developed. The ball is being dropped up there.
    How can you tell where the new housing additions are on the map? I've been wondering how I can look these up on a map. You drive up the KPT, and they're almost constant.

Exactly. Same thing happened in the SW Metro and that's why the JKT couldn't be connected to SH4 in Mustang. They were barely able to secure the ROW for the connection to SH152 and that's why it meanders.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    How can you tell where the new housing additions are on the map? I've been wondering how I can look these up on a map. You drive up the KPT, and they're almost constant.
    Well I’m just looking at the aerial imagery. Are you asking how to pull that up?

Well I’m just looking at the aerial imagery. Are you asking how to pull that up?
    I mean on that link you posted. I've wondered how if there are any maps that show where future housing developments are going to be built.

Anyone know what they are doing on Route 66 between Luther and Wellston?

Edit: Got an answer to my question. Looks like resurface and widening.

https://www.lutherregister.news/2021...-power-outage/

I’m assuming this is ODOT responsibility but Hefner Parkway southbound just north of the Grand Ave overpass has become horrible. All three lanes are crumbling in one spot and are a large thud when driving over it in a small car.

Is there a way to reach out to ODOT easily to discuss? Anyone know who to reach out to? There doesn’t seem to anything online to report issues easily that I could find besides a phone number that didn’t work.

Otherwise this road is great but this spot needs a quick repair. Figure they can probably patch with quick dry concrete overnight if they shut it down to one lane or something. It’s just getting to be very noticeable and bad.

Thread Information