Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon
    Eat Around OKC

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitchen3241.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	6113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitchen3242.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	6114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitchen3243.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	6115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitchen3244.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	6116  

Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

As people have said on Twitter/Facebook, pictures don't do the interior design justice. Heather did a fantastic job selecting finishes. My wife's first words were "gorgeous" and "I love it." Later she said "I want to live here." All before eating.

Food is great as is the standard with Good Egg. Can't wait to get back to try breakfast.

Is there a menu anywhere? I didn't see one at the website.

Does this have the potential to hurt business at Coolgreens to a significant extent? Or is their concept different enough to stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Does this have the potential to hurt business at Coolgreens to a significant extent? Or is their concept different enough to stand alone?
    Very different.

6. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

I suspect the biggest threat to Coolgreens is Coolgreens

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Not even in the same ballpark.

On another note, as Ginkasa somewhat pointed out, website lacked menu (looks like they put up in last day or two) but its not mobile friendly.

[QUOTE=metro;605607]Not even in the same ballpark.

On another note, as Ginkasa somewhat pointed out, website lacked menu (looks like they put up in last day or two) but its not mobile

The website up now is only temporary; it is now mobile friendly..small problem has been fixed.

I went Friday for lunch and was very impressed. The finishes and restoration work are top notch. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was very good and reasonably priced. I had the pastrami sandwich and an order of their home made chips. This place will only get better as the construction work at the corner is completed and when the streetcar line runs past. As a nice bonus, I got to meet tuck. I can't wait to try breakfast out - will definitely be back for lunch.

10. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

Tiny discrepancy in the posted hours.... Some places it says they open at 6:30am on the weekends and other places it says 7am on the weekends. (Facebook vs. website).

Also, it may be posted somewhere but I didn't see how long the breakfast menu is served and when the lunch menu kicks in?

11. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

We decided (with anxious anticipation) to go ahead and give this place a try earlier today.

The space is amazing. Very nicely done and my wife and I both commented on how it looked like something you'd see in a downtown of a much larger and more bustling city.

The place was full, but parking still was not a big deal (parked about 30 yards away).

Got there at 10:40am and were promptly greeted at the door and told "the lunch menu will begin in about 10-minutes."

We decided to get a coffee and a tea from the separate counter and found a table immediately.

Wife had the 'pour-over' coffee (black) and it was very good. I had a hot tea and it was very good also.

For lunch we ordered (and shared) the Fried Chicken Pot Pie and the Really Fancy Grilled Cheese and a side of Sweet Potato Chips.

Only took maybe 10-12 minutes to get our entrees and the presentation was very nice (especially the Fried Chicken Pot Pie).

The wife and I both agreed the Pot Pie was incredible and the best we've ever had - unique presentation, very flaky, bubbling hot, with chunks of shredded chicken.

The Fancy Grilled Cheese was good - but honestly The Mule does grilled cheese even better. The size, presentation and taste were really good, but it was pretty chewy in a tough sort of way. I like my grilled cheese to rain down crumbs and the cheese to ooze out. I'm certain most people will really like it though.

The Sweet Potato Chips were really good and a nice addition and not a huge portion.

We had such a good meal we decided to take home some of their fresh bottled juices (Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Pineapple, Green Apple, Lemon, Mint). The pineapple was my favorite and would even make a good cocktail mixer.

Also picked up a blueberry danish. I'm certain it would be considered really good, but I'm not a big danish fan.

To top it off, all of the staff we came into contact with were superb - especially our waitress. Didn't get her name but she had dreads tucked inside her cap and she was a little spit fire and great at her job - made us smile. Everyone was attentive and wanted to make sure we were content at all times.

Looks like this is definitely a hot spot right now as not only was it full but we saw tons of people we knew or recognized. The mayor was there (he always rolls his eyes when he sees me - makes me smile), and several other public types were all enjoying breakfast/lunch.

I'm sure anyone dressed any way would be welcome at Kitchen 324, but I'd call it a nicer casual place that will also see lots of suits (not sweats).

Definitely many more return visits in my future.

This is also proof positive that restaurants can do it right from day-one.

Certain to be another home run for the Good Egg Group.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38290610200196136687815.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	3109  

12. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

Anyone know if this place has wifi? I didn't check when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Anyone know if this place has wifi? I didn't check when I was there.
    Yes, free wifi...thanks for stopping in BBatesokc!

Re: The Chicken Pot Pie Photo at Post #11:
    This is, to me, the visual epitome of Jacques Pepin's Cooking Motto:
    "You must allow the ingredient to declare itself."

Previously, I never imagined that a pot pie could go vertical . . .
    But there it is! =)

Thank you Brian!
    (and thank you, tuck!!)

Good job Tuck...

Looks like Vast should have hired out AGE ;-).

16. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Good job Tuck...

Looks like Vast should have hired out AGE ;-).
    No offense to AGE, but I seriously doubt Tuck could pull off launching two such ambitious restaurants with corporate interests tugging in such a short time period with any better results (note: I consider Tuck and Williams and Black equal friends). I'm not sure one can compare 324 to Vast or Flint either, in terms of operation or staffing.

The place is awesome. I must confess though I wish they served breakfast at all business hours. It's definitely not a "diner" but it fills a huge hole for a much needed breakfast place. Is there a different "brunch period" though? Extended breakfast hours? That would be sweet.

We are planning a change that would allow breakfast to be available all day on the weekends and holidays...really a brunch menu 7-2.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    We are planning a change that would allow breakfast to be available all day on the weekends and holidays...really a brunch menu 7-2.
    Remember that Jim Gaffigan line regarding his observation: "if it wasn't for McDonalds how would we know when "Breakfast" ends?" =)
    (i love, love, love what you and the crew are doing with this. really. so don't misinterpret in a negative way my take on "playing with the food." =)

So . . . Have you already anticipated and countered the suggestion/objection regarding . . . waffles?
    Waffles and Chicken . . . Not just for "breakfast" anymore . . . =)
    (or at least waffle fries . . .)

Tuck: You ARE The Man.
    (a SINCERE salute and wishes for an even better New Year!)

Fwiw, waffles/chicken and biscuits/gravy are two combos that can be delicious 24/7/365

21. Default Re: Kitchen No. 324

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    That would be awesome. One thing I forgot to ask you the other day... do you plan any exterior signage beyond what's currently there?

Just happened to come across some interesting background info about Kitchen 324.

The pastry team was developed and trained by Pierre Fauvet

He is originally from France and until recently ran a pastry business in Seattle. He is now (semi?) retired but apparently is/was working for A Good Egg Dining Group. He recently was a guest chef at The Coach House Restaurant. More info about this, and Pierre here:

http://www.icontact-archive.com/bmjt...0Kn15w07Q9rxO6

A lady named Dawn Welch ran into him in downtown OKC and blogged about it here:
    Pierre at Red. « by Dawn Welch

I'm not sure how he became involved with A Good Egg Dining Group other than his friendship with the chef at The Coach House. Anyway, interesting tidbit about the 324. Pierre has quite the resume. Small world, I guess you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That would be awesome. One thing I forgot to ask you the other day... do you plan any exterior signage beyond what's currently there?
    Outdoor signage is currently in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Just happened to come across some interesting background info about Kitchen 324.

The pastry team was developed and trained by Pierre Fauvet

He is originally from France and until recently ran a pastry business in Seattle. He is now (semi?) retired but apparently is/was working for A Good Egg Dining Group. He recently was a guest chef at The Coach House Restaurant. More info about this, and Pierre here:

http://www.icontact-archive.com/bmjt...0Kn15w07Q9rxO6

A lady named Dawn Welch ran into him in downtown OKC and blogged about it here:
    Pierre at Red. « by Dawn Welch

I'm not sure how he became involved with A Good Egg Dining Group other than his friendship with the chef at The Coach House. Anyway, interesting tidbit about the 324. Pierre has quite the resume. Small world, I guess you could say.
    Love this!! Thanks for posting...Pierre is a fantastic chef and all around great guy. Our group enjoyed having him hear in OKC for 2 weeks and can't wait to see him again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    No offense to AGE, but I seriously doubt Tuck could pull off launching two such ambitious restaurants with corporate interests tugging in such a short time period with any better results (note: I consider Tuck and Williams and Black equal friends). I'm not sure one can compare 324 to Vast or Flint either, in terms of operation or staffing.
    Depending on how exactly this has played into the structural issues at Vast, I'd be willing to give WA a pass...but it's a train-wreck right now, and it's never easy to make excuses for such a poor performance.

Also, my original statement was made in a spirit of jest. However I can't help but think that AGE is humble enough to realize impracticality when it's staring them in the face, and make the proper adjustments to provide a well-rounded experience.

Thread Information