Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Slice House

Default Re: Empire Slice House

A nice picture of this restaurant. I really like this place, despite a few issues I had earlier on. Added patio now.

"The 21 Hottest Pizza Places Across the US Right Now"

Empire Slice House makes the list at #5

The 21 Hottest Pizza Places Across the US Right Now - Hot Hot Heat! - Eater National

NBD... I love Empire.

This has basically become my wife and I's local. Every Saturday, without fail, 3 slices (between the two of us), and 3-4 beers (not between the two of us )

If you haven't been yet, go.

I had some slices of pizza from this joint last night..that some friends had picked up and had at their house. Not toooo shabby!

5. Default Re: Empire Slice House

Some behind the scenes drama playing out with Empire and their original financing.... Relationship leads to loan, relationship sours, people want their money.

Wade Starr vs. Empire Slice

OCIS Case Summary for CJ-2014-2106- Wade Starr v. Rachel Cope Scope Concepts Empire (Oklahoma County District Courts)

6. Default Re: Empire Slice House

The civil case involving the money used to finance Empire Slice must be heating up..... a five year VPO was issued against Wade Starr in this case.

OCIS Case Summary for PO-2014-881- Rachel E Cope v. Wade Mock Starr (Oklahoma County District Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The civil case involving the money used to finance Empire Slice must be heating up..... a five year VPO was issued against Wade Starr in this case.

OCIS Case Summary for PO-2014-881- Rachel E Cope v. Wade Mock Starr (Oklahoma County District Courts)
    Is Wade Starr still on trial for that case involving the political funding, or did those charges get dropped?

8. Default Re: Empire Slice House

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is Wade Starr still on trial for that case involving the political funding, or did those charges get dropped?
    Dismissed

OCIS Case Summary for CF-2012-3806- STATE OF OKLAHOMA v. WADE MOCK STARR (Oklahoma County District Courts)

6/4/2014

10. Default Re: Empire Slice House

So is the thing to do get a whole pizza? I have heard a few people say it is worth the wait for the better whole pizza than by the slice?

11. Default Re: Empire Slice House

I personally think their pizzas are a thousand percent better when fresh out of the oven as opposed to held, which is how the slices usually come, though if you come when they are busy enough sometimes the slices are pretty fresh too.

Is it just me or does that elephant look like a phallic sculpture from that angle?

Blog Entries

Just you

14. Default Re: Empire Slice House

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is it just me or does that elephant look like a phallic sculpture from that angle?
    If it resembles anything phallic on you, I suggest immediate medical attention.

That is a representation of the proverbial "pink elephant", which in this circumstance is analogous to a barber pole advertising the adjacent shop's tonsorial prowess, or the three balls which denote a pawnbroker. Quite clever, really.

I've only had slices there, and I would have thought they were carved from a pie that was just baked. I've also gone during busy periods, such as second Friday, Thunder game nights, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    If it resembles anything phallic on you, I suggest immediate medical attention.
    Well, the erection has clearly lasted more than four hours.

i see. The trunk kind of looks like a dong. Ha. The new Hustler store could use sculptures like that.

I can report that it was in top form again last night! Albeit with an hour and a half wait, which was no problem because we were there for the Night on the Plaza regardless. The pink sauce is amazing...without any research whatsoever, I can attest that it has a bunch of dill in it, which goes with crust so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    I can report that it was in top form again last night! Albeit with an hour and a half wait, which was no problem because we were there for the Night on the Plaza regardless. The pink sauce is amazing...without any research whatsoever, I can attest that it has a bunch of dill in it, which goes with crust so well.
    Pretty sure the pink sauce is Ranch + Sriracha + Dill

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Pretty sure the pink sauce is Ranch + Sriracha + Dill
    Thanks for sharing that. Even if that's off (I can't see why it would be), it's close enough to tide me over between second Fridays.

As I've said before, I love NY style pizza. I haven't allowed myself any pizza for about a year and when I do enjoy a taste--in the near future--I want it to be a whole lot better than what is available within walking distance of the house (Papa John's or Little Caesar's or Red Baron at Buy For Less). So, what do the good people at Empire get for a slice of yer basic, old school pizza? Is $5.00 about right?

p.s. Here's another pink sauce that is worth a try: The last of a jar of Dijon Mustard with a little catsup and some red pepper flakes.
    We have a lot of dill growing out on the patio. I think I'll mix some of that in with the above. =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    As I've said before, I love NY style pizza. I haven't allowed myself any pizza for about a year and when I do enjoy a taste--in the near future--I want it to be a whole lot better than what is available within walking distance of the house (Papa John's or Little Caesar's or Red Baron at Buy For Less). So, what do the good people at Empire get for a slice of yer basic, old school pizza? Is $5.00 about right?

p.s. Here's another pink sauce that is worth a try: The last of a jar of Dijon Mustard with a little catsup and some red pepper flakes.
    We have a lot of dill growing out on the patio. I think I'll mix some of that in with the above. =)
    I don't understand how Little Caesar's is so popular. I get a stomach ache every time after I eat it. The only thing that's worse is Cici's.

Empire is pretty good though. I haven't had it in a while and need to again sometime soon.

23. Default Re: Empire Slice House

I don't understand how Little Caesar's is so popular. I get a stomach ache every time after I eat it. The only thing that's worse is Cici's.

Empire is pretty good though. I haven't had it in a while and need to again sometime soon.
    Little Caesars. For people who like pizza and diarrhea

LOL ^^^^^!!!

So . . . Is a slice at Empire about five bucks?
    (one good slice of pizza is worth more than an entire pie from Li'l Caesar's)
    (of course, I used to like Falcone's and Perri's before they went away, so my opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    LOL ^^^^^!!!

So . . . Is a slice at Empire about five bucks?
    (one good slice of pizza is worth more than an entire pie from Li'l Caesar's)
    (of course, I used to like Falcone's and Perri's before they went away, so my opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt)
    Not even $5. I believe its only like $3.50. Pretty big fan of this place. Cool atmosphere and unique delicious pizzas.

Thread Information