Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Slice House

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Empire Slice House

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    I assumed the tent was a winter-only thing. I guess it is still up?
    It was up a couple of weeks ago...

It was when I drove by yesterday. Maybe it just helps create a 365 day space? I am pretty sure they have heaters and fans in there.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It was when I drove by yesterday. Maybe it just helps create a 365 day space? I am pretty sure they have heaters and fans in there.
    I like the shade in warmer weather I guess but they need to at least bring down the tent panels that are along the front sidewalk. Its much more enjoyable sitting out there while being able to see and be connected to street activity.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I like the shade in warmer weather I guess but they need to at least bring down the tent panels that are along the front sidewalk. Its much more enjoyable sitting out there while being able to see and be connected to street activity.
    Good idea. I will try to tell the owner that next time I am in.

I really miss the open air feel of the courtyard. Tent was nice in the winter. Time to go topless.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I really miss the open air feel of the courtyard. Tent was nice in the winter. Time to go topless.
    It's always time to go topless

There is a patio in front of the building with seating that is topless if you wish. It is nice to have options sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    There is a patio in front of the building with seating that is topless if you wish. It is nice to have options sometimes.
    So people are topless ??? j/k

That could be really great or really awful.

That's like, four topless tables that are usually assumed by patrons, presumably with a better feel for the lay of second Friday, by the time I get there. Essentially zero options.

Maybe half the tent roof could be removed, if not the entire one, every now and then.

Good news. I was in the Plaza last night and walked by Empire. Side tent panels were down and there was a great connection between sidewalk/street and the side patio.

They submitting permits for a permanent canopy that will be able to be enclosed for winter months

I'm with soonerguru. Tent is great in the winter. But spring summer and early fall, the completely open courtyard is an amazing setting.

I passed Empire yesterday on an errand. I admit my error if the canopy was this way Friday last, but I thought it looked okay without the side panels. Not great, but okay.

If the proposed canopy was rather high and well integrated with the structure, with variable coverage available on top, say, to me it would be perfect. But, it looked decently open as it was, and only slightly cut off.

Last night I passed by Empire and they were CLOSED, apparently for a remodel. The sign said they would re-open Wednesday. It looks like there was some activity inside, as the TV was on in the back. Does anyone know what's going on?

Not sure...
    . But I really appreciate all that they have done. It's obvious they have been reinvesting money back into it to keep the place nice.

17. Default Re: Empire Slice House

18. Default Re: Empire Slice House

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Lets hope it gets its own Twitter/Instagram account, travels the world (documented with photos) and then is promptly returned. Really don't want to hear someone stole it simply to smash it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Lets hope it gets its own Twitter/Instagram account, travels the world (documented with photos) and then is promptly returned.
    you just gave me an idea!

It was just a matter of time. They really need to anchor it down to avoid it happening again. I wish them the best luck in finding it soon.

This is why we can't have pink things...

Glad she is found.. I like her she is a good mascot. did they ever find that marble monstrosity that was stolen from Anita Bryant?..lol.. that was a crazy story..

The article makes these people who took it sound like complete idiots, that day they had eaten in the restaurant just before doing it and one of them posted a photo of it at their house on Facebook.

Thread Information