Widgets Magazine

Thread: NW 122nd and Broadway needs a light

Default NW 122nd and Broadway needs a light

The stop signs at the interchange between NW 122nd and Broadway just don't cut it. I think that area could desperately use a light. I use that interchange every day and have come close to several accidents there because of people taking the right-of-way when its not theirs. What would it take for OKC to install a light at that intersection?

Default Re: NW 122nd and Broadway needs a light

If an intersection I used regularly had me in several near misses due to inattention of others, I'd probably find me a different route and say a short prayer for the inattentive and their loved ones. I can be lazy like that, but I don't mind owning it.

The two three way stops also cause considerable traffic backup.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The stop signs at the interchange between NW 122nd and Broadway just don't cut it. I think that area could desperately use a light. I use that interchange every day and have come close to several accidents there because of people taking the right-of-way when its not theirs. What would it take for OKC to install a light at that intersection?
    Not sure where you're coming from or where you're going, so Kelly may not be an option. I have found that to be a much better way to get on southbound Broadway Extension. It isn't out of my way, but I'd probably still use it if it was.

I actually think this intersection flows rather smoothly for being so massive.

A light would cause even more people to backed up onto the tracks that are trying to go S on i235.

I think lights would be fantastic at those locations, but only if engineers would time the lights to alleviate the congestion. Then maybe the lights could shift to blinking reds during non-rush hours.

I use this intersection almost daily. I believe a light would cause problems because of the railroad tracks just to the west of the three way intersection, and then you have Santa Fe just to the west of that. The congestion problem comes from two left lanes of traffic from Santa Be flowing to one right turn lane onto Broad What is really needed is to add a third lane eastbound from Santa Be to the first stop sign for right turns only, to match the two left turn lanes off of Santa Fe.

Thread Information