Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cow Calf-Hay

Default Re: The Cow Calf-Hay open in Edmond

The onion rings are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Luxton View Post
    So the rings, then?
    Of course! I don't know why I didn't get them in the first place. I prefer rings to fries.

Bomb diggity.

4. Cow Calf-Hay

Just got word that the owners of City Bites are opening their second Cow Calf-Hay location - this time in downtown OKC where the former Harvey's Cafe was most recently located (212 N. Harvey Ave.).

Opening set for March 1, 2013.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

I think this is good though I hope their hours are decent. I'm disappointed that their other urban core location (23rd city bites) decided to close everyday at 3 due to the recent robbery. it's part of doing business in an urban area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I think this is good though I hope their hours are decent. I'm disappointed that their other urban core location (23rd city bites) decided to close everyday at 3 due to the recent robbery. it's part of doing business in an urban area.
    I think this is a great addition downtown. I love their burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think this is a great addition downtown. I love their burgers.
    These are great burgers. Basically the "Nic's Grille of Edmond" but with better hours. The only improvement could be on the buns. They have great beef, but if they had homemade buns it would be even better.

8. Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    These are great burgers. Basically the "Nic's Grille of Edmond" but with better hours.
    I've eaten at Cow Calf-Hay and can honestly say I enjoyed the burger, and even the fries, and I'm not much of a fry person.

But the Nic's of Edmond.... Not hardly!

I like the fact that successful restaurants in other places seem to see downtown or Midtown as a logical, and sometimes the first, place to put another restaurant. My dining options are expanding exponentially, it seems.

10. Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

Should be open within days. Got notice of a private soft opening this week! Love me some Cow Calf Hay!

11. Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

Been open about two weeks now. Eaten there twice. Nice addition to the area. The remodel is nicely done - casual and clean with plenty of seating.

Been twice at noon and neither time was 'packed' but busy with immediate seating available.

The onion burgers are good and I really liked the pizza (new item, not available at the Edmond location) with a fried crust. The burgers are what you'd expect from a burger and the pizza will probably have its fans and its critics.

12. Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    ... I really liked the pizza (new item, not available at the Edmond location) with a fried crust. The burgers are what you'd expect from a burger and the pizza will probably have its fans and its critics.
    Hmmmm... Fried pizza crust you say? I say the only thing that might be better than fried pizza crust would be bacon infused fried pizza crust.... I'll have to give this a try!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    ... the only thing that might be better than fried pizza crust would be bacon infused fried pizza crust....
    Like the way your mind works.

Several items sound promising (like the FFA Burger), but did notice this under the Chicken & Pork section of the menu (where Pork isn't an option...almost)

Home | the cow calf-hay

Breaded Chicken Sandwich...Hand breaded chicken served on grill toasted bun...It's like the filet-mignon cut of pork. Hand breaded deep fried or grilled to perfection, served on grill toased bun, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo.

15. Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay to occupy former Harvey's Cafe in downtown OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Several items sound promising (like the FFA Burger), but did notice this under the Chicken & Pork section of the menu (where Pork isn't an option...almost)

Home | the cow calf-hay
    The FFA is really good - but I have found its best when shared and only half consumed at any one sitting. Its a burger that stays with you the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by bbatesokc View Post
    cow
    a cow!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Default Re: Cow Calf-Hay

I really like the Farm House, and their fries are pretty good when fresh and hot, but average when they cool off. I had the onion rings one time and thought they were ok. Haven't ordered them since. My wife's favorite is the Maui Cowi, and my daughters is the Blackjack. Tonight we stopped by and I had the Ultimate Chicken Sandwich.... Very tasty and I will definately order again. The wife tried the Coo-Coo Nest this time, which she enjoyed as well.

Thread Information