Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1

    Default New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    I'm working on recent land sale at Hwy 9 & Classen Blvd. 2.5 acres at Hwy 9 & Classen Blvd sold for a little over $1M to Mark S Group Corp. The lot line adjustment indicates a restaurant will be there & the mtg is for $2.6M. Any guesses as to what will be constructed?
    Mark S Group recently purchased the former Poblano Grill to the S of the BuffaloWildWings on I-35 in Moore. Other records indicate that Mark S Group owns other BWW restaurants in the metro. That's my guess but I'll take any other suggestions.

  2. #2

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    If a Buffalo Wild Wings is built in Norman, I fully expect it to set sales records.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    that would be a terrible spot for a Buffalo Wild Wings, in my opinion... and i live really close to there, so it's not like i'm saying that because i would have to drive all the way across town to get there

  4. #4

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    I don't disagree that it would be a terrible location, but the drive to Moore is beyond annoying and I think the university crowd would have it doing a bang-up business.

  5. Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Disagree completely -- that area would be exceptionally easy to access compared to the rest of Norman and you have thousands of students living in some 4 or 5 major apartment complexes within 5 miles of it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    the McDonalds in the area is already not easy to access, the subway, and other shops are not particularly easy to access... so why would this restaurant being built in the same area be so easy to access?

    Coming off of Highway 9 to get there absolutely wouldn't be easy, and perhaps getting to it going south on Classen would be easy, but it would not be easy to leave unless the entire intersection were redone.

  7. #7

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    If they build it, they will come. Not me, but more than enough to make them happy.




    oh, if anyone wonders why not me, it's simple. If I'm at Hwy 9 and hungry, I'm far more likely to pop to Kendall's in Noble than to settle for wings.

  8. #8

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    oh, if anyone wonders why not me, it's simple. If I'm at Hwy 9 and hungry, I'm far more likely to pop to Kendall's in Noble than to settle for wings.
    Dang it... now i want Kendalls. Kevin, i know longer like you

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If they build it, they will come. Not me, but more than enough to make them happy.




    oh, if anyone wonders why not me, it's simple. If I'm at Hwy 9 and hungry, I'm far more likely to pop to Kendall's in Noble than to settle for wings.
    or catfish on Fridays!

  10. Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    the McDonalds in the area is already not easy to access, the subway, and other shops are not particularly easy to access... so why would this restaurant being built in the same area be so easy to access?

    Coming off of Highway 9 to get there absolutely wouldn't be easy, and perhaps getting to it going south on Classen would be easy, but it would not be easy to leave unless the entire intersection were redone.
    The biggest issue at times is making a left on 77/Classen. I have a feel we'll see a traffic light there at some point. However, I'm not going to go out of my way to another part of Norman because I can't wait 2 minutes to make a left handed turn. That's just silly.

  11. Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    A significant number of the student-geared apartment complexes are within 2 miles of that intersection... sounds like it would be an extremely successful location for a BWW.

  12. #12

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    It will be a BWW
    Buffalo Wings and Circle K on the way
    John Proctor sold two pieces of property this year to businesses that are located in south Norman in Empire Addition near the Highway 9 and Highway 77 intersection. Circle K purchased property in July and began construction this week. Buffalo Wild Wings bought property in November and hopes to start construction in January and be open by June.
    Business briefs Business The Norman Transcript

  13. #13

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Glad to hear about the BWW... I was hoping for a new big OnCue rather than a Circle K, but heck... they are both better than 7-11...

  14. #14

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    Glad to hear about the BWW... I was hoping for a new big OnCue rather than a Circle K, but heck... they are both better than 7-11...
    I'll be surprised if OnCue doesn't expand in Norman now that their toes are in the water with the N Flood shop under construction.

    All the same, the new 7/11 at Flood & Robinson appears to be doing a monster business. Will be interesting to find out any specific impact once the OnCue does open on up the road.

  15. #15

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    There are few 7-11 stores that I see anywhere that seem to have a problem drawing customers whether people are in love with them or not.

  16. #16

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    I would have loved to see a BWW on Main Street like the one on Mass St in Lawrence. Of course, Norman continues its sprawl.

  17. #17

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I would have loved to see a BWW on Main Street like the one on Mass St in Lawrence. Of course, Norman continues its sprawl.
    Norman is a suburb... it's okay for it to be sprawl... you urbanists just want to take over the whole damn world. lol

  18. #18

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I would have loved to see a BWW on Main Street like the one on Mass St in Lawrence. Of course, Norman continues its sprawl.
    This is exactly what I was hoping for as well. Norman just refuses to grow in cool, intelligent ways.

  19. #19

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    This is exactly what I was hoping for as well. Norman just refuses to grow in cool, intelligent ways.
    I bet this BWW will be very successful, so the owners AND all the patrons will probably say this IS growth in a cool intelligent way. Personally, I will probably go to this BWW at least once a week... if it were downtown, it would be maybe once a month. So, tell me again why this particular decision is uncool or stupid?????

  20. #20

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    I bet this BWW will be very successful, so the owners AND all the patrons will probably say this IS growth in a cool intelligent way. Personally, I will probably go to this BWW at least once a week... if it were downtown, it would be maybe once a month. So, tell me again why this particular decision is uncool or stupid?????
    When I made that comment, I was thinking how cool it would have been if BWW had built on Main St or near the Campus Corner area, anywhere that already has life where the BWW could add more life to it. Sort of a rising tide lifts all boats type thing. If I could figure out how to post a picture here, I would post the one I found of the BWW in Lawrence, KS that was referenced earlier. It's very nicely done with patio seating that would fit very well along Main St. or anywhere on Campus Corner, as opposed to some middling corner next to a hideous strip mall and McDonald's and a Circle K. I guess it's a higher standard and Norman has shown it doesn't readily accept or welcome those.

  21. #21

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    When I made that comment, I was thinking how cool it would have been if BWW had built on Main St or near the Campus Corner area, anywhere that already has life where the BWW could add more life to it. Sort of a rising tide lifts all boats type thing. If I could figure out how to post a picture here, I would post the one I found of the BWW in Lawrence, KS that was referenced earlier. It's very nicely done with patio seating that would fit very well along Main St. or anywhere on Campus Corner, as opposed to some middling corner next to a hideous strip mall and McDonald's and a Circle K. I guess it's a higher standard and Norman has shown it doesn't readily accept or welcome those.
    All because a private developer is bringing a BWW's to an area without dense development?? You make it sound like the city of Norman rejected a plan to build a BWW's on main street.

  22. #22

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    All because a private developer is bringing a BWW's to an area without dense development?? You make it sound like the city of Norman rejected a plan to build a BWW's on main street.
    You're right. Some people always like to make it sound like a city doesn't accept or welcome something when it's a developer that makes those decisions instead of the city.

  23. #23

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    It's part of a larger pattern in Norman. The BWW will be fine, but it doesn't make Norman better than the million other places with a BWW. A good business like this could add to an area that actually makes Norman unique and attractive... Like Mass St in Lawrence. When I am on Mass St it's an experience. Main St could actually use a couple chains to stabilize business. No one will ever think Norman is cool because they have one of a million BWWs with nothing much around it. Again, in isolation this means nothing. The larger pattern is the problem.

  24. #24

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    It's part of a larger pattern in Norman. The BWW will be fine, but it doesn't make Norman better than the million other places with a BWW. A good business like this could add to an area that actually makes Norman unique and attractive... Like Mass St in Lawrence. When I am on Mass St it's an experience. Main St could actually use a couple chains to stabilize business. No one will ever think Norman is cool because they have one of a million BWWs with nothing much around it. Again, in isolation this means nothing. The larger pattern is the problem.
    Exactly!! Taken as an isolated incident, my response absolutely looks like a foolish commentary on a random BWW, but taken in the larger context of Norman's development patterns, it's a problem. There are opportunities being missed and I think Norman could be more proactive in facilitating experiences for its residents.

  25. #25

    Default Re: New Restaurant to Norman - 3000 Classen (Hwy 9 & Classen) - any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    Norman is a suburb... it's okay for it to be sprawl... you urbanists just want to take over the whole damn world. lol
    That's Norman's problem, it doesn't view itself as a city unto itself (the third largest one in the state!)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)
    By BG918 in forum Norman
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. BBQ Restaurant on Classen Circle
    By toojennifer in forum Nostalgia & Memories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 07:25 PM
  3. Marriott Courtyard: I-44 & Classen
    By Pete in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 07:00 AM
  4. Medians on Classen between NWExp. and Classen Curve
    By metro in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO