Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza 23

Default Re: Pizza 23

Pizza 23 is not worth the carbs or money. Heavy, Bisquiky crust is terrible. Ingredients were average to poor (witness crappy salad mushrooms). Mediocre at best. It is tough to find good pizza in OKC. And yet there are a lot pizza pretenders showing up.

We had two individual pizzas, a salad, and one middling glass of vino and our bill came out to 45 bucks. For crappy pizza?

Won't be back.

Really? I loved it. Will be back soon.

pizza ... almost as subjective as bbq. almost.

4. Default Re: Pizza 23

Pizza pretenders? Really? I thought this place was pretty good. Maybe your bar has been set too high for pizza I guess

In here on Friday at 10pm and just my party of 2, and one other table in here.

Maybe Fridays aren't their high point?

Again, their only value proposition is location.

HangryHippo Guest

Took a group of 8 on Sunday and it was awesome. Really, really good pizza and salads. It's priced a little high for pizza, but the food was very good and I loved it. Will definitely be back.

My wife and I like it. Different than the Wedge, but we like both. Decent little beer selection. Just the two of us, so it's basically the same price as it is eating out at most local places ($30ish). We live on 21st so the location is tough to beat. Eat local. Shop local.

9. Default Re: Pizza 23

Ate there before the Thunder game last Friday. Pretty good crowd. Had wings - pretty good - really messy. Then had a BBQ chicken pizza that was excellent and a Sausage and pepper pizza that was pretty good. Crust seems kind of unimaginative - it's just crust and a bit on the doughy side.

Overall, the food was pretty good. I'll go back.

How does Pizza 23 compare to . . . say, Papa Murphys' (take home and bake) . . . or RedBaron/DiGiorno/etc.?
    Like, in terms of atmosphere/ambiance and so forth . . . ?
    Do they have a good selection on the jukebox?
    Do they have a coal-fired pizza oven?

My hope would be that if I decided to go somewhere to eat "Pizza" it would at least equal or approximate that served at "Elements".

btw: i agree with Jett about Angelo's. at the risk of being redundant in my praises regarding proper pizza.

(so . . . what d'ya call a large, segregated, multi-topping, pizza cut into 8 or 12 slices?: "Tapas".)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Ate there before the Thunder game last Friday. Pretty good crowd. Had wings - pretty good - really messy. Then had a BBQ chicken pizza that was excellent and a Sausage and pepper pizza that was pretty good. Crust seems kind of unimaginative - it's just crust and a bit on the doughy side.

Overall, the food was pretty good. I'll go back.
    OMG. You had an appetizer and two pizzas in one sitting?

From their Facebook page today:

Hey #OKC our pizzas have grown! Every Pizza is now 2in. bigger & the same price!!!

13. Default Re: Pizza 23

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    OMG. You had an appetizer and two pizzas in one sitting?
    Me and the three folks I was with (and had two boxes for take home)

I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Sat out on their huge patio and took advantage of their lunch special: chopped salad, drink and personal pizza for $9.

I really liked the chopped salad as it was pretty large in size and had plenty of real bacon pieces. They let you choose any number of toppings for the personal pizza, and I went with Italian sausage and jalapenos. Really liked the crust and the toppings were fresh and flavorful.

The service was extremely friendly and prompt.

Really nice that Orange Leaf FroYo is adjacent and shares the same ample patio.

BTW, this was just in a Gazette article about them:

Starting soon, Pizza 23 will serve pancakes, a coffee bar, etc. for breakfast.

Yes!!!

Good pizza, not as snobby as upper crust but not as hipster as sauced....

From their Facebook page:

BREAKFAST starts Tuesday @ 7am!

Went by Saturday evening, just to check it out. Very friendly, and had a quick beer. I liked the place, but haven't had the food yet. My beer club is meeting their Wednesday evening for our weekly social, so I'll try the food then.

Breakfast menu:

I went for breakfast yesterday after seeing this menu. I was intrigued by the pancake served in the piazza pan. It is amazing. The breakfast piazza was also very good. I split the spicy sunrise with my husband although my half was without the meat of course. I highly recommend.

I'm thinking The Cowboy sounds like a right decent idea some morning real soon.

Just learned Pizza 23 will be replacing their existing tap system with a new one that will feature 23 beers, with an emphasis on the locals.

Should be a great change. I really love their patio and hope this will help them make better use of it.

This is great news. Now even more reason to stop by when walking my dog!

Finally got around to trying this place out. Went with hummus for the appetizer, which was tasty. Next up was a chopped salad, which was up there with my fav wedge salad at Johnny Carino's. I went with the Spicy Yard Bird pizza since the carrot and red cabbage toppings intrigued me. It was also excellent, but not quite as good as the Foghorn Leghorn at Empire Slice

Washed it all down with a Sam Adams Cold Snap. We came away very impressed and will definitely head back.

Ate there last night for the first time and was shocked about how good their pizza was. We got their version of the supreme and a couple of salads. Couple of glasses of local beer and I was extremely surprised. Great pizza!

Thread Information