Widgets Magazine

Thread: Trails in Norman

Default Trails in Norman

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but I've been in Norman for about 10 years or so. I'm a runner and I prefer running on trails instead of sidewalks. I frequent Sutton Wilderness a lot, but it's not very long. I also frequent Thunderbird when I have time to drive out there. Otherwise I sometimes run the Legacy Trail that skirts the railroad tracks through downtown Norman... Does anyone know what the plans are for the Legacy Trail? It runs into the blacktop trail near the YMCA but dead ends over by Target. Are there any plans on how far and where it's supposed to go? Also, anyone know of any other dirt trails nearby?

Thanks! Loving the forum, it's so full of information on so many things I've been wondering about.

-troy

Default Re: Trails in Norman

I am not sure of its exact route and where there might be interruptions of the trail but it does cross over I-35 via the new Rock Creek bridge where it continues west then north to the new Hospital area.
    I am glad you are using it… other than on game days I seldom see more than one or 2 people on it.

Default Re: Trails in Norman

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I am not sure of its exact route and where there might be interruptions of the trail but it does cross over I-35 via the new Rock Creek bridge where it continues west then north to the new Hospital area.
    I am glad you are using it… other than on game days I seldom see more than one or 2 people on it.
    Oh great, I didn't realize it went over the new bridge. Thanks!

Thread Information