Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SandRidge Energy News

Default Re: SandRidge Energy News

remember the company's righteous arrogance when preservation people questioned razing historic buildings including the India Temple for another zombie apocalypse downtown green space. OKC seems like it's just repeating sad history.

On Monday Sandridge was asked to shutdown one of their salt water injection wells near Cherokee. That's a big deal since the SWD areas and the infrastructure surrounding those are the key points amongst all of the completion wells that have already been drilled. Will increase the cost to ship that water somewhere else down the line. The biggest reason SD does well in the mississipian area is because of their salt water infrastructure. Wonder if this will be a continuing trend.

State orders injection well shut down after northwestern Oklahoma earthquake | News OK

Damn, shoulda bought me some SD stock. Up over 80% in the past two weeks.

I guess Wall Street thinks this steaming pile of oil covered cow dung is worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Damn, shoulda bought me some SD stock. Up over 80% in the past two weeks.

I guess Wall Street thinks this steaming pile of oil covered cow dung is worth something.
    Shorts are covering their positions. It's a short squeeze. Monster volume.

I guess I don't understand that logic. Are you saying pulling oil and gas trapped in rock from one location and pumping toxic chemical infused water into rock at another location makes an 'even-Steven' situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    8 Rigs? Wow. That is not very many rigs.

Not many companies out there with an 8 rig drilling program that also own their own skyscraper....But then again that's none of my business.

This is becoming more troubling.

Hopefully oil makes its way back to $70 quickly.

Sandridge has started notifying employees today of terminations in the corporate office and the field. Not sure if it's going to be pretty prevalent or low impact.

I wonder if they may have a plan to consolidate to the Parkside Building.

As far as I know, they haven't leased any of the space out and they certainly can't be using the entire tower.

Seems to me they could move into the Parkside and then have a pretty ready, willing and needing buyer in Harold Hamm for the tower.

I noticed last night the tower wasn't lit up and was wondering if that might be due to cost cutting at Sandridge. Of course they could have just forgot to turn it on much like the way the Skydance Bridge and the Devon Tower aren't lit from time to time. I really think Sandridge should consolidate into the Parkside Building and sell the tower to Continental. Not many energy companies that are in the shape SD is in have skyscrapers.

Read some of the articles about SD here and judge what kind of fin condition they're in: SD Stock News - SandRidge Energy, Inc. Stock | Seeking Alpha

^

Yeah, those articles paint a pretty dire picture.

Basically, they've burned through a ton of cash and will need a capital infusion to keep funding their operations.

Their stock is only trading at $1.53 and the last two price targets were $.50 and $0.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I really think Sandridge should consolidate into the Parkside Building and sell the tower to Continental.
    Yeah, those articles paint a pretty dire picture.

Basically, they've burned through a ton of cash and will need a capital infusion to keep funding their operations.

Their stock is only trading at $1.53 and the last two price targets were $.50 and $0.
    I am being serious here - they might not be able afford the Parkside Building even though they own it. If moving wasn't so expensive they could lease out there current office space and rent cheaper (FNC) space for themselves with the proceeds.

How many employees are currently working for Sandridge? If they went under, how big would the blow be to OKC?

How many employees are currently working for Sandridge? If they went under, how big would the blow be to OKC?
    If Wikipedia is accurate, they have 2,200 employees. Of course, that may not be just in OKC.

Does anybody know why the tower has been dark for the past week or so? It completely changes the look of the skyline at night having it dark. I am guessing it could be because of cost cutting measures at Sandridge but I am not completely sure. I know they are still doing a lot of construction over there.

Does anybody know why the tower has been dark for the past week or so? It completely changes the look of the skyline at night having it dark. I am guessing it could be because of cost cutting measures at Sandridge but I am not completely sure. I know they are still doing a lot of construction over there.
    Call their desk service and see if they can route you to whoever is responsible for the building lights.

Seems like only yesterday that they were running around in bulldozers knocking down historical buildings. Now they can barely keep the lights on.

Maybe there is hope.
    3 Ways SandRidge Energy Inc. Is Boosting Its Returns (SD)

saw this on the web.

So I guess they won't be funding the maintenance of the park?. You know what would look good there - a skinny residential tower.

I know I had previously post that SD & CHK were kicking in money to redo the parks and that SandRidge would maintain them and help program.

I'm very sure the first part is true because I found the agreement with the City but can't to verify the maintenance and programming part.

However, Kerr McGee always maintained the park since it opened in 1974 and until they moved away, so I assume that is the same arrangement with SD.

From checking webcams, I can see SD tower has been dark now for a couple weeks.

This is starting to feel ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From checking webcams, I can see SD tower has been dark now for a couple weeks.

This is starting to feel ominous.
    Whenever the darkened tower coincided with the announcement of layoffs I had a feeling it was a cost-cutting measure. They must be in a pretty dire situation if they have had to resort to that.

It really does alter the feel of downtown at night to have that tower dark. I am hoping it eventually ends up in Continental's ownership.

Thread Information