Widgets Magazine

Thread: NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

Default NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

Sad seeing all those trees removed. What has been approved to go on that site? Or better question, what is going on that corner?

Default Re: NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

Thanks Pete

4. Default Re: NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

any news on this? drove by this the other day and it didn't seem like much was going on

Just infrastructure and sewer being placed right now. Work is going to start soon to widen Covell between Sooner and Midwest to a 6 lane road. Getting off to a really good start!!!

Wow, I had not realized the metro's sprawl had passed Edmond's north border and is into Guthrie

7. Default Re: NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Sad seeing all those trees removed. What has been approved to go on that site? Or better question, what is going on that corner?
    If it makes you feel any better, all of those trees were dead. The fire that went through there a couple of years ago killed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Wow, I had not realized the metro's sprawl had passed Edmond's north border and is into Guthrie
    There's still a lot of space to fill between Edmond and Guthrie. My dad lives 2 miles east of I-35 and just south of Waterloo and that's considered Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    There's still a lot of space to fill between Edmond and Guthrie. My dad lives 2 miles east of I-35 and just south of Waterloo and that's considered Edmond.
    Yea, Edmond has a ton of land to continue development east of i35, I was just caught a little off guard to notice that sub-divisions were developing over the four miles north of it. I had to checked a map to see who's boundary that was in since it is so far removed from historic Guthrie it does not even seem related.

Yea, Edmond has a ton of land to continue development east of i35, I was just caught a little off guard to notice that sub-divisions were developing over the four miles north of it. I had to checked a map to see who's boundary that was in since it is so far removed from historic Guthrie it does not even seem related.
    Most definitely true. The airport in Guthrie is called the Guthrie-Edmond Airport. The two will most likely blend one day...despite our efforts to keep future development downtown.

11. Default Re: NW Corner of Covell and I-35 is cleared

A good chunk of southern Logan County is actually within the Edmond Public Schools district. Beyond that boundary, development is much slower-going.

map_district_boundaries.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is a Hilton Garden Inn sufficient for a convention center? It would appear to me this would be like Marriott building a Fairfield Inn next to a convention center.

The Ardmore Convention Center has a Holiday Inn attached, I'd say a Hilton Garden Inn is at that level or above.

That I-35/Covell interchange will not look the same in 3-5 years. Lots planned for that area.

I had in my head Broken Arrow where Marriott built a Renaissance next to a convention center. I see Edmond closer to Broken Arrow than Ardmore.

That's Tulsa where the Renaissance is located.

Wow, Edmond North HS is actually several miles closer to the southern district boundary than the northern one.

What's next, Edmond Far North HS? Or perhaps Edmond Logan County HS?

the location of Edmond North HS always baffled me, but I guess at one point that was far north Edmond

Look at how the three high schools are closely grouped -- all within a couple of miles of each other -- in a district that encompasses 129 (!) square miles:

Didn't I read in another thread about 6 months ago that Edmond is planning on a fourth HS? Where the heck would that go and what is it's district map?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Didn't I read in another thread about 6 months ago that Edmond is planning on a fourth HS? Where the heck would that go and what is it's district map?
    Land was purchased for a fourth high school east of I-35, I believe.

http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/34013-...mond-east.html

http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/33084-...ighschool.html

Is that conventional wisdom, then? They'll put Edmond East at Air Depot and Covell Road? That seems just as close to the center as Edmond North does. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Is that conventional wisdom, then? They'll put Edmond East at Air Depot and Covell Road? That seems just as close to the center as Edmond North does. SMH.
    I think I heard somewhere that they were gearing more towards Danforth-15th-Memorial(isn) somewhere along I035. Can't say for sure though.

Will be interesting what interested business or businesses had the sway to move the development to the west so they'd be closer to the interstate.

Thread Information