Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollow

Default Re: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollo

Let me be the first to say I'm just a bit envious of someone who lived in a house with secret passages and a tunnel. I daresay most folks would feel the same way whether they'd admit it or not.

Default Re: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollo

We own the 6.5 acres and smaller house, which was called the lodge or carriage house, we are friends with the owners of the large house - Red Rock Manor on 5 acres.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDave View Post
    We own the 6.5 acres and smaller house, which was called the lodge or carriage house, we are friends with the owners of the large house - Red Rock Manor on 5 acres.
    Hello old thread! I may be mistaken about the property, but there was an estate type property that I frequented as a youth over a few years in ~1972 as a friend of the Owens family, medical doc, iifc. Had a Model T. Grand place. Lovely view overseeing the OG Lincoln flyovers. Peacocks. Great driveway too.

4. Default Re: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollo

Quote Originally Posted by Swalell1960 View Post
    Hello old thread! I may be mistaken about the property, but there was an estate type property that I frequented as a youth over a few years in ~1972 as a friend of the Owens family, medical doc, iifc. Had a Model T. Grand place. Lovely view overseeing the OG Lincoln flyovers. Peacocks. Great driveway too.
    I spent many days at that house. I wish l had appreciated it as much then as l would now. Dr. Owens was a Dermatoligist and his. Wife owned a western art gallery. I think the house was torn down which is a crime.

Yep, dermatologist. I went to school with his son at Millwood.

But was that the house the OP had in mind, I wonder.

6. Default Re: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollo

It made me wonder, too.

7. Default Re: OK oldtimers, questions about Highley Wildwood, neighborhood close to Sleep Hollo

was there a structure to the East of the house in this picture? you can see the white roof of something. There is a pool there. Was it part of the estate or was it public? It's in terrible shape now.

Thread Information