Widgets Magazine

Thread: Project Map

Default Project Map

We've created a great new feature that you should find very useful when trying to keep track of the hundreds and hundreds of projects around OKC.

It's an interactive map that you can pan, zoom, switch to aerial view, etc. and has the projects plotted by color-coded marker. Clicking on a marker displays a photo and/or a "More Information" link which takes you to the corresponding article and discussion thread.

You can access this map by clicking on the "Project Map" tab near the top of every page, or by following this link:

This is a work in progress with tons of things yet to map, but it's far enough along that we wanted to get it out there.

Would welcome constructive feedback and comments here.

2. Default Re: Project Map

GREAT feature! Nice work!

Default Re: Project Map

Like it! keep up the great work Pete

Just curious.... Why are things like the Central Park and CC labeled as proposed?

Because they aren't yet under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Because they aren't yet under construction.
    Oh. So, the things like the Airpark River development are sure deals?

No...

I suppose there are different levels of certainty when it comes to the proposed category and I didn't separate them out.

This is awesome, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No...

I suppose there are different levels of certainty when it comes to the proposed category and I didn't separate them out.
    Huh. Well, I think it's a really cool feature and I like it a lot!!!!! Thanks for putting so much effort into this site and this city.

Pete, do these all have photos yet? I have a lot of photos that highlight some of the new development that really show some beautiful angles of stuff like Block 42, Central Ave Villas, even Legacy, etc...

Also what about SoSA? Lisbon, etc..if that project is ever forthcoming..grrr

There are several hundred things still not on the map or with a separate thread, so part of this is breaking out the longer threads (Sosa, Auto Alley, Midtown, etc.) and then creating a marker and link.

I'll continue to add things and hope to make some good progress in the next couple of weeks.

From there, it will just be fine-tuning and adding new things.

Thanks Pete, this is great!

I'm not sure including every existing building in the project map is that great an idea because it loses it's focus on showing the development boom.

At some point I'd like to separate the layers where you could look at just new development, just retail, etc.

Also, the current map is color-coded: pink is proposed, blue is recent.

Well, it's just the purple (existing) that I think gets in the way of illustrating the current era's development boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well, it's just the purple (existing) that I think gets in the way of illustrating the current era's development boom.
    That's a good point.

I really want to separate out the existing and demolished stuff from recent/UC/proposed. That way, the latter provides a great snapshot of everything new and about to happen.

But I'd also like to provide the option of seeing everything on one map, especially as you zoom in.

Thanks for the feedback. This is all at lot of work but I feel like we are really building something that will be comprehensive and of value for a long time to come.

18. Default Re: Project Map

Wow, just came across the map. Thanks so much for all the work that went into producing it. Fantastic!

As new announcements are made (and there seem to be several every week these days) I have been doing my best to keep the Project Map updated.

Please use it to keep track of what is going on, as it's color-coded and linked back to all the various articles, discussion and renderings.

Frankly, I refer to it quite a bit as there is so much going on it's hard to keep things straight!

OKCTalk Master Map

sweet, great idea Pete.

Thread Information