Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam's

Default Sam's

I'm really surprised that nothing has been mentioned about the Edmond Sam's that has been approved next to the Wal-Mart Supercenter on the I-35 service road, near 15th.
    Well, now it has!
    C. T.

Default Re: Sam's

It was speculated and rumored on here, just not an official word.

Thanks for the update though, do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It was speculated and rumored on here, just not an official word.

Thanks for the update though, do you have a link?
    There's been discussion in the Edmond Sun regarding Sam's sign variance. However, it's all but been confirmed around the city offices that it'll be going in.

I watched the meeting online concerning the sign variance. Of course, Sam's had to give in considerably on the size sign they wanted, but they came to terms on it.

Sam's also agreed to pay the home owners association an annual amount ($2,500 I believe) along with other concessions. I'm sure it's a done deal.
    C. T.

Today's Oklahoman listed the sale of the property from Fox Lake Investments to Sam's Real Estate Business Trust. Construction will probably begin soon. I'm just happy to have one 8 miles closer and away from that terrible intersection of Memorial and Penn.
    C. T.

I really hope they do something special with this one. Not just build a typical Sams. Doubt it will happen though. :/

What might an atypical Sam's look like? Well, I've seen McDonalds' with local/regional themes before. Matter of fact, the I-35 Walmart has a different look, from the highway anyway.

Sams, McDonalds, Walmart, yeah yeah yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    What might an atypical Sam's look like? Well, I've seen McDonalds' with local/regional themes before. Matter of fact, the I-35 Walmart has a different look, from the highway anyway.

Sams, McDonalds, Walmart, yeah yeah yeah!
    TBH I don't know I've never seen one. However I haven't really been to many Sams Clubs outside of OKC or have seen any. But, I know this Walmart in Edmond along I-35 is nicer than most Walmart stores out there. Even the new ones.

10. Default Re: Sam's

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Today's Oklahoman listed the sale of the property from Fox Lake Investments to Sam's Real Estate Business Trust. Construction will probably begin soon. I'm just happy to have one 8 miles closer and away from that terrible intersection of Memorial and Penn.
    C. T.
    Side note, I think a few spots below that you can see that Russell Westbrook spent some change on a house in NE OKC, and that Covel Corner was just bought as well

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    C. T.
    Same here. I will be glad to have it close by. I find that I don't go to Sam's as often as I should for things, just because I hate going over there. I try to avoid the Penn&Memorial nightmare whenever I can.

As for the atypical Sam's, while I don't know that I would call it atypical, but their store in Fayetteville, AR is a bit different. It's pretty new and is a "green" building. For example, it has a car wash that uses run off storm water and gray water from the store or some such thing. I don't remember all the other cool things its supposed to have. Inside its pretty much a Sam's, but it does have sky lights, much like the Walmart on I35 in Edmond.

worthy cook,
    Yes, I noticed that. He's in my neighborhood, about one third of a mile away. I could put five of my homes inside his 8,400 square foot home.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Side note, I think a few spots below that you can see that Russell Westbrook spent some change on a house in NE OKC, and that Covel Corner was just bought as well

13. Default Re: Sam's

The wife and I are pretty excited, as we are set to close on a home within a mile of this new Sam's. We pretty much do most of our weekly shopping at Sam's, WalMart, and Braum's - and all three are right there together.

That's my Walmart too. It will be great to have both stores right there together. When we lived in Houston, we had both a Sam's and a Walmart side by side, about 1 1/2 miles from our house. I really shopped at Sam's a lot then because it was just as easy as going to any other store. Now I have to really need a bunch of stuff to make it worth my while to drive the 14 miles I have to drive now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The design of it looks veeerrryy similar to a Sam's Club they are building in Madison, MS. The only difference is that the one in Madison will have an antebellum look to it that a large number of buildings throughout the southeast have.

I'm looking forward to it. I dislike the traffic at memorial and penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    The design of it looks veeerrryy similar to a Sam's Club they are building in Madison, MS. The only difference is that the one in Madison will have an antebellum look to it that a large number of buildings throughout the southeast have.
    Was there a picture in the article? If so, it isn't popping up for me. :/

I drive by that place all the time, and while it will be nice to have one closer, I'm not looking forward to taking that exit one it's built. It's already a pretty bad area in the afternoon with people going into the walmart, the Sams will make it much worse.

20. Default Re: Sam's

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk405359 View Post
    I drive by that place all the time, and while it will be nice to have one closer, I'm not looking forward to taking that exit one it's built. It's already a pretty bad area in the afternoon with people going into the walmart, the Sams will make it much worse.
    We already now use the 33rd street ramps due to the traffic around morning and afternoon rush hours. Hardly anyone uses 33rd street so far.

I've said before, and I'll say it. I wish Edmond would make all of their service lanes, one way and have the ramps merge onto the service roads, as opposed to having stop and go onto the service road.

One-way service streets are evil. Especially if you live off one. Perhaps I am bias

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    One-way service streets are evil. Especially if you live off one. Perhaps I am bias
    Well, if you live on one, then ya. lol. . . I didn't really think of that, you might be biased, but I;m selfish with that thinking

I just read a notice in today's Oklahoman that Sam's Club leased 4,500 square feet of space at 3208 S. Broadway. Any idea what they plan to use it for?
    C. T.

It's their hiring office/HR office. It's already in use. It's located right next door to Hobby Lobby.

Thread Information