Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam's

Default Re: Sam's

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Hence, fire "hazard."
    Without knowing if the gates did not open automatically in the event of a fire it is just speculation. There are fire codes that must be signed off. I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Without knowing if the gates did not open automatically in the event of a fire it is just speculation. There are fire codes that must be signed off. I'm not worried.
    i wouldn't be so quick to think Walmart actually looked into it... afterall they used to just block off an entrance with shopping carts for years before finally someone questioned it and it was deemed to violate fire codes in most cites... that is why many added in doors that can be locked from the inside, but still open out in case of emergency

Thank you CT. I guess I should adjust to the new reality. I'm not used to getting carded. The Employee at the exit door also scanned the receipt and the Case of Beer. Walmart now does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i'm still trying to figure out how their gates that close behind you are not a fire hazard, since they don't now clearly mark how to get to their fire exits....
    I seem to recall the other side saying of the gate saying "emergency exit only". So you can push it open and I think an alarm will go off if you do. Walmart may not have thought about it but the company that built the gates probably did. They don't want the liability if people get trampled in a Walmart disaster.

5. Default Re: Sam's

Went to the Sams in Edmond today and noticed the Photo Center is GONE. I inquired and they said they removed it for a Sam’s Optical.

Anyone know if all the Photo Centers are going away?

I actually used their services very regularly.

Yes, there have been building permits at their other locations for Optical outlets, as the law changes Nov. 1.

No idea about the photo center but obviously they have to carve space out of an existing area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, there have been building permits at their other locations for Optical outlets, as the law changes Nov. 1.

No idea about the photo center but obviously they have to carve space out of an existing area.

What law is changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    What law is changed?
    A new law takes effect Nov. 1st that allow big-box retailers to have optometrists and sell eyeglasses and contact lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A new law takes effect Nov. 1st that allow big-box retailers to have optometrists and sell eyeglasses and contact lenses.

OH! I thought that didn't pass. Glad to hear we have it to help us consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    OH! I thought that didn't pass. Glad to hear we have it to help us consumers.
    It was originally voted down but then there was compromise and the law was passed through the legislature.

Thread Information