Widgets Magazine
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 307576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2439

Thread: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Looks like Canton lake is doing real good. Plenty of water there just in case Hefner needs a drink.

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

WOW!

Canton's up 22000+ Acre Feet in the last 36 hours! And nearly ALL of that is from run-off, barely any precipitation up there at all.

This increase didn't just happen over the last couple of days. The reporting of the water level has been incorrect for a few weeks. The Canton Lake Association Facebook page explained the issue with a post on 6/3. Here's the url.
    https://www.facebook.com/CantonLakeAssociation?fref=ts

Raining like crazy right now directly over the lake and the watershed. Fairly slow moving storm too. If they are only 6' down due to the stuck sensor, they'll be that much closer tonight. Anyone going out there this weekend that can post some pics?

We had not been by Hefner in awhile and it looked good yesterday. Whatever the sport with the surfboard and wing foil is called those guys were all over that point and grabbing some serious air.

6. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

it would appear that the storage amount is still incorrect. 62% at an elevation of 1610 feet would give 228K acre feet not the reported 74K acre feet, no?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Whatever the sport with the surfboard and wing foil is called those guys were all over that point and grabbing some serious air.
    Wind surfing.

8. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    it would appear that the storage amount is still incorrect. 62% at an elevation of 1610 feet would give 228K acre feet not the reported 74K acre feet, no?
    nevermind, I was thinking the flood control pool was the normal pool. MY GOD, what a flood control facility Canton is. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    We had not been by Hefner in awhile and it looked good yesterday. Whatever the sport with the surfboard and wing foil is called those guys were all over that point and grabbing some serious air.
    Kiteboarding

crashing, with style

11. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

I've been thinking about riding out to Canton on my motorcycle, and would do it this weekend but for all of the rain in the forecast. Ah, what the heck, might do it anyway. That's why God made rain suits.

12. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    crashing, with style
    To infinity and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I was told that Altus (sw ok) has lifted their water restrictions to level one which is basically no restriction.

I guess nothing was learned over the past years. They should at least go to a mandatory every other day or something.
    Those cotton farmers will have that lake drained to 40% by autumn. That's how they roll down there. They also aren't incentivized to conserve when they can just drain the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Kiteboarding
    How right you are. Always wanted to get into in lieu of no ocean waves here. You rarely, if ever, see kiteboarders in the Pacific. More of a South Padre thing.

I took some lessons...enough to figure out I needed to be in a lot better physical shape to have fun and get anywhere with it.

This was taken this AM:

Yeah I just drove by and its risen quite a bit the last couple days, very noticeable. Water over the spillway between holes 13 and 14 on the North Course

Eufaula is going to be in big trouble by Thursday night.

19. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Today Canton officially crossed the threshold to LESS that a 5' deficit to the top of the conservation pool. There is still a lot of water missing, but it's the highest it has been in years, and I'll bet it's looking pretty great.

20. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

any pics from our Canton friends? we sure wish you all the best and so happy you are getting much needed rains (and we'd love to see the progress)!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    any pics from our Canton friends? we sure wish you all the best and so happy you are getting much needed rains (and we'd love to see the progress)!
    Many of the Canton folks seem to think of us OKCers as evil doers for claiming our water rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Today Canton officially crossed the threshold to LESS that a 5' deficit to the top of the conservation pool. There is still a lot of water missing, but it's the highest it has been in years, and I'll bet it's looking pretty great.
    Wanted to bump this topic since it appears that Canton has a chance to reach normal levels over the next couple days. Who woulda thunk it this time last year.

23. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Meh, still needs FOUR FEET and 14K acre/ft to reach normal elevation. It will hopefully pick up a bunch more, but doubt it will reach normal elevation (top of conservation pool).

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized
    Meh, still needs FOUR FEET and 14K acre/ft to reach normal elevation. It will hopefully pick up a bunch more, but doubt it will reach normal elevation (top of conservation pool).
    While hitting the top would be nice, even three or four months ago getting to the current level seemed unlikely

25. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

I don't disagree with this; I was only responding to OKCRT's overly-optimistic suggestion that the lake would hit normal levels over the next couple of days. It won't.

Thread Information