Widgets Magazine

Thread: Anyone work at American Fidelity?

Default Anyone work at American Fidelity?

I have a "friend" who has had 2 phone interviews, one with the hiring manager, and now has been, qoute, personally invited to come in and speak with the hiring manager in the department they have applied to.

Is anyone familair with their hiring practice? I have read some job boards that this is a very good sign of a coming job offer. Can anyone give any info?

Thanks so much

Default Re: Anyone work at American Fidelity?

I don't work there but know some people who do and they have nothing but positive things to say about AF.

It frequently shows up on the "best places to work" lists and they seem to take very good care of their employees. I know most stay a long time.

Good luck!

As part of our Great Place to Work culture at American Fidelity Assurance Company, our interview process includes phone screens, in-person interviews, team interviews and final review steps. Every department varies on how many interviews they have candidates complete. These multiple stages help us select candidates with not only the skills for the position but who fit our culture and collaborative team environment.

Congratulations to your friend on making it to this stage in the hiring process. If they haven’t already, check out our career website for additional information regarding our culture and our hiring/selection process: American Fidelity Assurance Company: Careers.

MadMonk Guest

Can't have facial hair though. That was a deal-breaker for a friend of mine who applied there. That was in better economic times though.

Quote Originally Posted by AFA-Julie View Post
    As part of our Great Place to Work culture at American Fidelity Assurance Company, our interview process includes phone screens, in-person interviews, team interviews and final review steps. Every department varies on how many interviews they have candidates complete. These multiple stages help us select candidates with not only the skills for the position but who fit our culture and collaborative team environment.

Congratulations to your friend on making it to this stage in the hiring process. If they haven’t already, check out our career website for additional information regarding our culture and our hiring/selection process: American Fidelity Assurance Company: Careers.

Thanks, Julie.

Welcome to the forum.

My experience with them was a nightmare. Two phone interviews and five in-person interviews. They changed their mind three times about "what they were looking for." Very bush league and a total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    I have a "friend" who has had 2 phone interviews, one with the hiring manager, and now has been, qoute, personally invited to come in and speak with the hiring manager in the department they have applied to.

Is anyone familair with their hiring practice? I have read some job boards that this is a very good sign of a coming job offer. Can anyone give any info?

Thanks so much
    I would personally be very cautious about posting stuff like this. As you can see obviously HR in alot of corporations search the web and unless they have a huge body of applicants you can really screw up stuff for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    My experience with them was a nightmare. Two phone interviews and five in-person interviews. They changed their mind three times about "what they were looking for." Very bush league and a total waste of time.
    Thats crazy, 7 total interviews. That is a huge waste of your time, their time, gas, and leave (if you were taking off from a current job).

I hope it did not mess things up. All I asked was their hiring process. But unfortunately we got the email that they were looking elsewhere.

Kinda hurts to have so much build up and then get let down. This job was going to be our savior. I am still in school and wife is looking at a very possible downsizing/layoff from her current company. With 2 kids and a house we have sell this makes things no so good.

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    I hope it did not mess things up. All I asked was their hiring process. But unfortunately we got the email that they were looking elsewhere.

Kinda hurts to have so much build up and then get let down. This job was going to be our savior. I am still in school and wife is looking at a very possible downsizing/layoff from her current company. With 2 kids and a house we have sell this makes things no so good.
    I'm sorry to hear it and i really do hope you are able to find work soon. I'm glad you are on the board and posting but if you get leads PLEASE DONT post about them online. No facebook, blog, messageboard, etc. I've seen way to many news stories of people getting fired / never hired over something online even if its postive. Corporations like to strictly manage their public image and dont like people who dont work there representing them.

Thread Information