Development: Devon Energy Center
    Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7021086277_facc402670_b.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	5651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7021097441_a734fdd706_b.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	5652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7021110545_1ec62b7e98_b.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	5653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7021111691_9235088f6c_b.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	5654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7021120407_391868e67c_b.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	5655  

Default Re: Nebu at Devon

What time of day does Nebo shut down service?

3. Default Re: Nebu at Devon

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    What time of day does Nebo shut down service?
    I, too, ate at Nebu for the first time today. I was also impressed. The employees were VERY friendly and helpful in orienting my family and me. The quality of the food was above average for a corporate cafeteria and the value for the money was excellent. They had a few choices for dining areas, some were actually inside the restaurant space and featured a mixture of tables and booths and had a few flat screens with ESPN on. They they also had lots of areas in the airy and light spaces of the garden wing's atrium...very modern, clean, and bright. Then they also provided tables outside on the long patio that runs almost the length of the garden wing with water features and metal arbors that provided some nice shade on this sunny day. Overall, it was just a really classy space that feels more like a nice museum's cafe rather than a corporate cafeteria.

They are open until 1:30 for lunch. No dinner hours, no hours at all on weekends.

4. Default Re: Nebu at Devon

I heard there is a spot at the Devon tower that sells Gelato (possibly in a coffee shop type location). I didn't see it when I visited, but I also wasn't looking for it.

I assume its somewhere near the Nebu cafeteria, but maybe not.

Anyone know anything about this - the wife and I are always looking for gelato options and it would be great to be able to get some downtown near the Myriad Gardens.

I had some gelato a couple of weeks ago, it was good but they were almost sold out at about 2 in the afternoon.

Default Re: Nebu

Nebu is grilling out on the Devon lawn today.

Today's the day to enjoy nebu outdoors! We're bringing our grills outside on the beautiful Devon lawn today, and will be cooking Delicious Salmon, All-Natural Beef Burgers, Turkey Burgers and Hormone-Free Chicken Breasts, all over natural wood fires. Your meal begins with your choice of a Grilled Salmon Filet over a Fresh Tossed To Order Salad with Your Choice of Drink or a Monterey Chicken Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese, House BBQ Sauce and Pico De Gallo, Marinated Mahi Mahi Sandwich with Tangy Slaw and Chipotle Mayonnaise or All Natural Beef Burger or Turkey Patty with Choice of Cheese and Toppings with Choice of Side and Drink, each for Just $8.00, Tax Included!! This amazing low price is good for TODAY ONLY at our outdoor grill event!!

That sounds incredible.

They do an awesome job every day, offering very high quality food with a lot of healthy options for a great price.

If I was still working downtown I'd eat lunch there almost exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They do an awesome job every day, offering very high quality food with a lot of healthy options for a great price.

I will second this, my wife looooves the food there, says their fish is almost always incredible, but since she doesn't get to work until after noon and they close at 1:30, she doesn't get to eat there as often as she'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

As someone that eats at Nebu a lot, I can say that, sadly, things have gone downhill in the last few months. I think it has something to do with their head chef being promoted up and moved to Dallas. Things just aren't as good, the specials are less imaginative, the pastries are not what they once were, the coffee is routinely cold, the salads are simpler, no more house-made saurkraut and kimchee, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    As someone that eats at Nebu a lot, I can say that, sadly, things have gone downhill in the last few months. I think it has something to do with their head chef being promoted up and moved to Dallas. Things just aren't as good, the specials are less imaginative, the pastries are not what they once were, the coffee is routinely cold, the salads are simpler, no more house-made saurkraut and kimchee, etc.
    Crap, she hasn't been there in a few months, I'll have to prep her for the next visit with that info, sadly, but thanks for the tip.

The picture above got my attention - At the game last Saturday night, the man I sat next to told me that Devon has 'cloned' trees inside and out. All trees are alike. Not saying they aren't trimmed different, but he said they all came from the same tree, so pretty much identical.....He sounded as if he knew what he was talking about.

Anyone know anything about this ?

I took a tour a couple of years ago and was told the same thing. Supposedly they also behave alike, such as leafing and shedding leaves at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The picture above got my attention - At the game last Saturday night, the man I sat next to told me that Devon has 'cloned' trees inside and out. All trees are alike. Not saying they aren't trimmed different, but he said they all came from the same tree, so pretty much identical.....He sounded as if he knew what he was talking about.

Anyone know anything about this ?
    That is creepy. But perhaps these powers could be summoned to clone the chef who departed for Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    That is creepy. But perhaps these powers could be summoned to clone the chef who departed for Dallas.
    +1

Your biggest risk with cloned trees is a tree virus/infection. If one is infected, it is likely all/most will also be affected. Like identical twins, however, there can be variations induced by the environment. Sometimes randomness strikes.

From their FB page:

Come see the great new flavors and changes at Nebu! We can't wait to show you all the new features, like our new Well Bistro, featuring healthy entrees with 500 or less calories, or our new Global Exhibition station with flavors from all over the world.

Wife went there today, got the pork loin, said that it was bad quality meat, really weird, had a ring of fat around it, not good at all, not sure what's going on there. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wife went there today, got the pork loin, said that it was bad quality meat, really weird, had a ring of fat around it, not good at all, not sure what's going on there. :-(
    Pork loin is supposed to have a ring of fat around it. Maybe she was expecting pork tenderloin?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Good for Nebu.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Pork loin is supposed to have a ring of fat around it. Maybe she was expecting pork tenderloin?
    Yeah, possibly, I'll ask. Anyway, regardless, she said what she got wasn't nearly as good as it has been in the past.

That is so disappointing to hear. I don't go there often but I have always enjoyed the food choices and the fact that they have healthy choices. Since I am a vegetarian sometimes my choices end up being a grilled cheese and french fries.

Eating for wellness: Nebu replaces comfort food with healthy alternatives
    By: Sarah Terry-Cobo The Journal Record May 27, 2014

Laura Garmoe and Mark Vannasdall prepare food in the new healthier buffet area at Nebu in the Devon Energy Center.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Damien Franczek wants to offer fresh, better choices to his customers, even if they want a bacon cheeseburger.

But the general manager of Nebu now has an opportunity to encourage those diners to eat more healthy food. Nebu is on the first floor of the Devon Energy Center, and the Oklahoma City-based driller has upped its employee wellness incentives.

On May 1, the restaurant, operated by Guckenheimer, replaced its comfort food station with a health food station, called the Well Bistro. The food station offers lean meats, a variety of whole grains such as quinoa and wheat berries, and several vegetable choices. Franczek works closely with Alan Marcum, executive vice president of administration at Devon Energy Corp., to make healthy food a part of the driller’s overall wellness program.

Marcum said he worked with Franczek to create a balanced menu, so that Nebu can still offer barbecue and chicken fried steak, while offering plenty of fresh, healthy options.
    Franczek also added a green-yellow-red signage system to each of the restaurant’s stations, so diners can easily identify which food is healthy. The green menu options have 500 or fewer calories, 3 grams or less of saturated fat, 5 grams or more of fiber and 800 milligrams or less of sodium. For Devon employees, there is an added benefit: a 50-percent discount on so-called well items.

“This is not only an opportunity to make our state and our city healthier, the well food options are an investment in our employees,” Marcum said.

Nudging employees to make healthier food choices is part of a growing trend. American Fidelity Assurance Group and Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation have discounted healthy foods at on-site company restaurants. Chesapeake Energy Corp. also offers healthy options in its on-site restaurant, Fuel.

According to the Oklahoma State Department of Health, 232 businesses promote healthy food options in company cafeterias. In addition, 304 businesses offer healthier choices in vending machines, and 467 businesses encourage employees to bring healthy snacks to work, according to the agency.

Marcum said Devon executives were interested in making healthy food appetizing, because the restaurant is open to the public. For Franczek, that is part of Guckenheimer’s mission: to give people fresh, healthy food choices.

I gotta say twice in the last week I have eaten at Nebu and had the food be so delicious I had to stop what I was doing and just savor it. One item was "Well" (Turkey burger on whole wheat with a side spinach/berry salad) one item not so much (Buffalo chicken sandwich with bleu cheese, bacon and French fries).

Thread Information