Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nebu

Default Re: Nebu

What was wrong with the Buffalo chicken sandwich, that sounds really good right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    What was wrong with the Buffalo chicken sandwich, that sounds really good right about now.
    I think he was saying that it was not on the "well" menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I think he was saying that it was not on the "well" menu.
    Exactly. That's how Nebu describes their healthier options. Can't imagine why buffalo chicken / bleu cheese / bacon / fries don't fit into that category, but I'm health challenged.

I find it interesting that many Oklahoma County Businesses have embraced the idea of healthy eating.

Access Midstream
    American Fidelity Assurance Company
    Boeing - Oklahoma City
    Caba, Inc.
    Chesapeake Energy
    CSAA Insurance Exchange
    Dell Inc
    Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Central Administrative Offices
    Devon Energy
    Epworth Villa Living Community
    Farmers Insurance Auto Claims Department
    First American Bank
    Griffin Communications
    Guiding Right, Inc.
    Hertz Corporation
    HOPE Community Services, Inc.
    INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
    INTEGRIS Cancer Institute of Oklahoma
    INTEGRIS Health Edmond
    INTEGRIS Mental Health Spencer
    INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
    James Dee Johnson & Company Certified Public Accountants P.C.
    Lakeside Women's Hospital
    Love's Travel Stops Corporate Office
    Matrix Service Company
    Mercy Clinics
    Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City
    Metro Technology Centers
    Metropolitan Library System
    Office of the Governor
    OK DRS SS Disability Determination Division
    Oklahoma Blood Institute
    Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology (OCAST)
    Oklahoma City Indian Clinic
    Oklahoma City-County Health Department
    Oklahoma City Zoological Park and Botanical Garden
    Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry
    Oklahoma District Attorneys Council
    Oklahoma Health Care Authority
    Oklahoma Hospital Association
    Oklahoma State Department of Health
    OPUBCO Communications Group
    OU Medical Center & The Children's Hospital
    OU Medical Center Edmond
    OU Physicians
    Specialty Hospital of Midwest City
    SSM Health Care of Oklahoma
    SSM Health Care of Oklahoma owning and operating St. Anthony Hospital
    St. Anthony Hospital
    St. Anthony Physicians Group
    Teleflora
    The Boldt Company
    The Journal Record
    Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust
    Town of Jones City
    United Parcel Service
    United Way of Central Oklahoma/Central Oklahoma Turning Point
    Valir Health
    YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City

I finally ate here... Had lunch last week.

Holy cow, what an asset for all of downtown.

It's hard to comprehend the selection until you actually dine there. I had pinneapple teriyaki salmon and was a huge piece of nice quality fish for I believe $9.

In their Asian line, they have lots of options, all prepared to you choices. Make each meal in a wok with all types of veggies and sauces as options. Really great, although a bit slow as you can imagine.

They have a bunch of different stations including The Well which features healthy and lower-cal options.

Tons of drinks and deserts, including several different flavored waters, made fresh.

And ton of seating... Too cold on that day to eat outside and they were very busy but still lots of available seats in the atrium, which is just a great place to be.

I know that have a huge setup for breakfast as well.

Very professionally run and reasonable. I think we've come to take this place for granted as you don't hear much about it and of course, it's completely open to everyone, not just employees of Devon.

Blog Entries

It's perfect for meeting my Devon friends for lunch when they don't have time to go elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very professionally run and reasonable. I think we've come to take this place for granted as you don't hear much about it and of course, it's completely open to everyone, not just employees of Devon.
    I didn't think anybody knew about it unless they worked downtown. Even then it would have to be in Devon/Oklahoma tower

I finally ate here... Had lunch last week.

Holy cow, what an asset for all of downtown.

It's hard to comprehend the selection until you actually dine there. I had pinneapple teriyaki salmon and was a huge piece of nice quality fish for I believe $9.

In their Asian line, they have lots of options, all prepared to you choices. Make each meal in a wok with all types of veggies and sauces as options. Really great, although a bit slow as you can imagine.

They have a bunch of different stations including The Well which features healthy and lower-cal options.

Tons of drinks and deserts, including several different flavored waters, made fresh.

And ton of seating... Too cold on that day to eat outside and they were very busy but still lots of available seats in the atrium, which is just a great place to be.

I know that have a huge setup for breakfast as well.

They have great prices and great options... And that $9 is what they charge non-employees. Devon employees receive a discount on top of that.

Wife ate there lots when she worked downtown, said their "big old piece of fish" (whatever it happened to be) is pretty much always awesome. We went there one day together and yep, the food was pretty great, but there were tons of people in line and she said it wasn't usually like that. So when we get up front, the cashier asked for our employee numbers, and we said we weren't Devon folks, so she said we'd have to get back in line at another register because their registers were down so they were doing everything on paper and applying it to people's accounts later and the other register was the only one handling non-Devon people, so I said "Really, you're going to go make us wait in line again while our food gets even colder? Really?" and she looked confused. Luckily a manager was right there and he said "Never mind, we're having problems, today's lunch is on us, have a good day!" Service = very good.

Blog Entries

WOW, very nice

11. Default Re: Nebu

LOTS of non-Devon business lunches taken there.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    They have great prices and great options... And that $9 is what they charge non-employees. Devon employees receive a discount on top of that.
    Not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Not any more.
    That's completely false.

Wife and I had lunch there today and our ticket came to $14. Crazy! Had no idea till today, but apparently, all downtown employees get 20% off on Fridays. $14 for lunch for 2 people, pretty damn reasonable if you ask me.

That's completely false.
    Half and half. Devon employees get discounts for "well" (or healthy) related items. and yes on Friday all downtown employees get a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Half and half. Devon employees get discounts for "well" (or healthy) related items. and yes on Friday all downtown employees get a discount.
    It's always been that way: 50% off for Well items for Devon employees, no discount for anything else.

Absolutely nothing has changed.

Blog Entries

Per Twitter, the staff of Nebu has been laid off

^

If it's closed for good, that would be an incredible bummer for downtown.

^

If it's closed for good, that would be an incredible bummer for downtown.
    I bet it reopens once downtown business bring their people back. Just not enough down there and they are closed to public right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I bet it reopens once downtown business bring their people back. Just not enough down there and they are closed to public right now.
    Right, but that's been the case for almost a year.

The fact they have shut down now is worrying.

Blog Entries

When Nebu opened, it was fun to go downtown and have lunch. The food was quite good, reminded me of being in an European airport. Lots of salads, as well as hot food. Plates of prosciutto even. But little by little the choices reflected what the people wanted, and we quit going well before Covid-19.

Right, but that's been the case for almost a year.

The fact they have shut down now is worrying.
    It’s ran by a third party not Devon. So I wonder if it had received PPP and that ran out. There’s so many possibilities.

Could have had a contract with Devon thru a certain date etc. decided to not renew. Etc

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    It’s ran by a third party not Devon. So I wonder if it had received PPP and that ran out. There’s so many possibilities.

Could have had a contract with Devon thru a certain date etc. decided to not renew. Etc
    And/or maybe Devon decided to stop giving them a great deal/subsidy.

The 2nd round of PPP is just being released now, so if anything that would be a motivation for them to stay open. The 1st round would have been exhausted some time ago.

I just confirmed that Nebu is still open, just for Devon employees.

They did lay some people off due to the reduced business but hope to rehire most of then when things return to a relative normal.

I just confirmed that Nebu is still open, just for Devon employees.

They did lay some people off due to the reduced business but hope to rehire most of then when things return to a relative normal.
    Came on here to post the same thing. Just walked by and could see workers in there

Surprised they kept the full staff for the last year and just now let them go.

Thread Information