Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 43 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Thunder ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Thunder Up!

Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

There's a chat room at OKCThunderfans if you're interested.

1 hour to tip off against San Antonio.

I expect to see a great game. Excited to see the few minutes of PJIII and I hope that Kevin Martin lights up the floor. I hope for a win, but I don't expect it with the last minute shake-up this weekend. 103 - 98, Bad Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    There's a chat room at OKCThunderfans if you're interested.
    Thanks Betts, I'll have to keep that in mind. I also spend a lot of time on the Landthieves site for Thunder B-Ball...though they are far more unscrupulous over there

I used to be a member there but my user name got erased cause I hadn't posted in a long time I guess. Oh well...I won a basketball though!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I used to be a member there but my user name got erased cause I hadn't posted in a long time I guess. Oh well...I won a basketball though!
    That's odd, because we have a policy of not erasing user names since people do tend to come and go. You should join again. We've got a $250 gift certificate currently up for grabs to the person who guesses this season's win-loss record.

I couldn't find my screenname in the member list..THUNDERBALLnOKC378.

Two things that haven't changed.

1) Thunder are still worst team in NBA in the last 10 seconds of a quarter.
    2) If Westbrook has the ball for more than 15 seconds in a possession it will end in a turnover.

The second team looked awful without Harden. Martin doesn't create plays for others like Harden did. They need to make adjustments.

This loss is definitely on Westbrook. 6/21, no assists in the last 18 minutes, 6 turnovers.

However, What the heck was Scott thinking not putting Sef on Parker? Does he not remember 5 months ago? At the *VERY* least, put him on Parker on the last play of regulation.

I guess things could be worse. We could be the Lakers.

LOL

The season has officially started along with the second guessing. LOL

Lakers are 0-2..and lost by more than 2 points their first game and at home and they're suppose to be dominate! I think we're fine...easy Sooner fans.

If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily. Watching the game, the offensive struggles could plainly be seen. Durant had a hard time getting open. Maynor, with the second group seemed to have a hard time deciding who to get the ball to.

Clearly, there was a chemisty with Harden. He was a catalyst, especially for Fast Break points. Those were almost non-existent in this game. I know we cannot judge this season by the first game. So, we should be patient, but I think things are going to have to change quickly.

People, people, calm down...we are ok, it's just the first game. We had to play a powerhouse team in their house to open season. Kevin Martin had a decent game, he went 4-10 for 15pts, those are Harden numbers. Once Brooks figures out the rotation with the new players, and the new players figure out their role, we will be ok. Now Russell going 6-21 and 6TOs, there is no excuse for that...Thunder Up!

The Thunder contiune to consistently do two things late in games that cost them games, turn the ball over and play lazy on defense. These tendencies will cost the Thunder more this season than last due to the trade of Harden who was a decent defender due to his size. RW continues to more often than not be a one man out of control liability at the end of games. RW should have matured beyond such damaging play. I think the trade was necessary and I supported it for the long term financial stability of the team, but it will cost this team wins this season. Maybe JH would have brought more stability, creativity, and calm to the Thunder than RW? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post
    If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily.
    Maybe not. As someone pointed out elsewhere, the Spurs beat the Thunder 4 out of 5 during the regular season last year and took the first two games of the Western Conference finals...and all those were with Harden. The Spurs are just tough and have been for a pretty long time.

If Harden this
    If Harden that

Gonna be a long season if folks spend it moping like someone who sees a former love walking by the pub window with their someone new.

Best wishes to him with the Rockets, but just like the OKC Thunder ain't the Sonics, Harden ain't a piece of the Thunder no more. Moving on .. it's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If Harden this
    If Harden that

Gonna be a long season if folks spend it moping like someone who sees a former love walking by the pub window with their someone new.

Best wishes to him with the Rockets, but just like the OKC Thunder ain't the Sonics, Harden ain't a piece of the Thunder no more. Moving on .. it's healthy.
    Yep...it happens to most good teams. May we always be so lucky as to have a supply of players that other teams would be willing to pay $80 million to have.

This is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post
    If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily. Watching the game, the offensive struggles could plainly be seen. Durant had a hard time getting open. Maynor, with the second group seemed to have a hard time deciding who to get the ball to.

Clearly, there was a chemisty with Harden. He was a catalyst, especially for Fast Break points. Those were almost non-existent in this game. I know we cannot judge this season by the first game. So, we should be patient, but I think things are going to have to change quickly.
    I don't know that I totally agree that we win easily with Harden. But if that is so, then all the more reason to get rid of Harden. OKC cannot...canNOT win a title against this Miami Heat with their current offensive system. It's the first thing I wanted to see this year with or without Harden, and it doesn't seem we made any adjustments.

Maynor's grouping with Thabeet, Sefolosha, Martin, and Collison makes it pretty obvious who should get the ball. Martin is the 1st option, Maynor is the 2nd, and Collison is the 3rd. You run plays so that one of those 3 can get a high percentage shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post

This is pretty cool
    And they still lost

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    RW continues to more often than not be a one man out of control liability at the end of games. RW should have matured beyond such damaging play.
    This. I would rather see anyone else on the Thunder team with their hands on the ball in the final 15 seconds of a quarter.

I think the Thunder deserve a thread for every single game much more than OU football does.

Thread Information