Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Anyone selling tickets for the November 30th game against the Utah Jazz? I would love to attend this game for my 19th birthday

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    That's not my determination...that's exactly what Coach Brooks has said. Doesn't matter what you or I think, but it DOES matter what the guy coaching the game thinks.
    Uh, what?!? Actions speak louder than words. If PJIII is KD's back up then he would play. He doesn't. PJIII is, unfortunately, not in the rotation at all.

I have a used thunder T-shirt, i believe it is sized large, in good condition. If anyone wants to buy it please PM me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Uh, what?!? Actions speak louder than words. If PJIII is KD's back up then he would play. He doesn't. PJIII is, unfortunately, not in the rotation at all.
    I see...you don't follow the Thunder that closely. Jones WAS getting playing time, but was just standing around. Brooks had told him that he would be judged, not on his actual production, but on how hard he tried. Perry picked it up some, but obviously not enough. The answer I gave...about why Jones wasn't getting more playing times...is what Brooks replied. He said Jones was KD's back-up. And as such, minutes would be hard to come by. Jones was given a chance...didn't respond...and Brooks moved on to trying to find combinations that worked. Just between you and me, I'd love to see Jones and Lamb given more playing time, especially since our 2nd team has been getting it's booty kicked the last few games. I think there would be some growing pains, but it would eventually pay off. But, hey...I'm not betting my job (and with it, the lifestyle of my wife and kids) on playing Jones...Brooks is. It's always easier to gamble with someone else's money.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I have a used thunder T-shirt, i believe it is sized large, in good condition. If anyone wants to buy it please PM me. :P
    Dang, you're so original .....lol

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    I see...you don't follow the Thunder that closely. Jones WAS getting playing time, but was just standing around. Brooks had told him that he would be judged, not on his actual production, but on how hard he tried. Perry picked it up some, but obviously not enough. The answer I gave...about why Jones wasn't getting more playing times...is what Brooks replied. He said Jones was KD's back-up. And as such, minutes would be hard to come by. Jones was given a chance...didn't respond...and Brooks moved on to trying to find combinations that worked. Just between you and me, I'd love to see Jones and Lamb given more playing time, especially since our 2nd team has been getting it's booty kicked the last few games. I think there would be some growing pains, but it would eventually pay off. But, hey...I'm not betting my job (and with it, the lifestyle of my wife and kids) on playing Jones...Brooks is. It's always easier to gamble with someone else's money.
    PJIII has never recieved real back up minutes. Ever. He's been thrown in a couple times, but that doesn't make you the back up. Insulting my basketball IQ is pointless. Just smake your points. If you're relying on Brooks quotes to explain the Thunder rotation then it's not surprising you believe things that aren't true. Brooks said the back up PG spot was up for grabs between RJ and Maynor, but that was obviously not true. Maynor has been pathetic this year (see Mayberry's article today about how bad he's been) and RJ has not recieved any opportunities. Quit drinking the coachspeak and you'll realize that just because Brooks said he is the back up does not make it so. He actually has to play back up minutes in games for it to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by bellaboo View Post
    i've got 2 tickets and a parking pass for monday night's game against the charlotte bobcats for $170, which is the season ticket holder face value for the tickets and parking pass.

Club level, section 219, row g, seats 11 & 12.

I have other games if interested.

Pm me if you are interested.
    sold

Post removed by me.

Not sure if I'm ready for this. Gonna be an emotional game.

I hope Harden is cheered when he comes on the court and proceeds to shoot 0/13 on the night, with 9 Blocks Against and 35 Turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I bet he will be.
    I don't know. Getting blocked 35 times seems like a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Not sure if I'm ready for this. Gonna be an emotional game.

I hope Harden is cheered when he comes on the court and proceeds to shoot 0/13 on the night, with 9 Blocks Against and 35 Turnovers.

Haha...you were a lot closer than most expected.

Harden was 3-16 (one of those baskets was a freebie). had 6 blocked, and 3 turnovers. He looked terrible out there. Truly terrible.

12. Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

The Thunder have faced a former teammate in each of the last 5 games:

Boston - Jeff Green
    Philadelphia - Damien Wilkins
    Charlotte - Byron Mullens
    Houston - James Harden, Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich
    Utah - Earl Watson

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    The Thunder have faced a former teammate in each of the last 5 games:

Boston - Jeff Green
    Philadelphia - Damien Wilkins
    Charlotte - Byron Mullens
    Houston - James Harden, Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich
    Utah - Earl Watson
    And now Dallas has signed D. Fisher. Such is life in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post
    And now Dallas has signed D. Fisher. Such is life in the NBA.
    Derek Fisher left? I thought he was doing a decent job last year and I thought he would stay 2 more years until he retires

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Derek Fisher left? I thought he was doing a decent job last year and I thought he would stay 2 more years until he retires
    He was only on the team because of Maynor's injury. He provided second team guidance, but was never a long-term solution

Good win tonight against the Nets. Even though they were without Brook Lopez, it was a tough game.

Durant Missed the Dunk last night against the Nets, but WOW did he elevate.

DurantDunkedOff - YouTube

17. Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Durant Missed the Dunk last night against the Nets, but WOW did he elevate.

DurantDunkedOff - YouTube
    Yes he did! And since there was a blocking foul and KD made both it all turned out good.

Something I thought about as I played around with the below linked chart...

When we got this team, we knew they sucked. When they played the first chunk of that 2008 season, we knew they really sucked. But we were all so glad to have a sports team.

I remember listening to the Sports Animal and they talked about what would be reasonable hopes/expectations for the team: 2008 - win 10 games, get a good draft pick. 2009 - win 25 games and start showing signs of potential. 2010 - be near .500 and start vying for a playoff position. 2011 - Make the playoffs...Just make them. 2012 - Just make the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row.

...So when we first got this team in 2008, 2011 was to be our first real opportunity to make the playoffs...We ended up in the Finals. This season, or maybe next season, was the first time I think anyone expected that we might win a playoff series against the likes of the Lakers/Mavericks/Spurs.

Instead, this year, I think we can rationally say that we are favorites to win our conference for the second year in a row, and that we have a chance to compete even further into the NBA finals, and maybe bring home the trophy.

It's truly remarkable what this team has done in such a short amount of time...and it's amazing how much they've just blown any expectations out of the water.

So glad to have the Thunder in Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City Thunder Trended NBA Power Rankings - ESPN

19. Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Right on Teo!

Anyone seen the Kendrick Perkins local jewelry store commercial, that cracked me up! :O)

I also like Kendrick's car commercial. His deadpan scowl is just right for certain ads.

KP's scowl is world class. Makes me jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    KP's scowl is world class. Makes me jealous.
    Put him in a face off with Eddie Sutton.

I know its still early in the season but is there anyone else watching the standings like a hawk this week? Memphis lost a couple nights ago, which now gives the Spurs the #1 spot in the west, but Thunder is still staying afloat with San Antonio, hopefully we will be #1 after we beat the Spurs on Monday, and I dont know if anyone noticed but this is the first time the Thunder has ever been on an 8 game winning streak

Sshhhhhh, don't jinx us!

Thread Information