Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

If I read right, Presti was working under a deadline. I also read that Harden was disappointed with the way the trade happened, but I'm sure his agent (should have) kept him informed of any deadlines or likelihoods.

Presti was working under a self-imposed deadline so the Rockets could get what they wanted for that particular deal... I believe that OKC could have gotten a good deal for Harden next summer and made a run at the title this season. It feels weird talking about it now though because it's done... Also, Harden's agent wouldn't have wanted Harden to take an OKC deal for less... he got way more money for himself with the Houston contract. That's one problem with these types of negotiations. The guyg giving Harden advise is a businessman who wanted money, not necessarily what was best for James. It's complicated now doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Presti was working under a self-imposed deadline so the Rockets could get what they wanted for that particular deal... I believe that OKC could have gotten a good deal for Harden next summer and made a run at the title this season. It feels weird talking about it now though because it's done... Also, Harden's agent wouldn't have wanted Harden to take an OKC deal for less... he got way more money for himself with the Houston contract. That's one problem with these types of negotiations. The guyg giving Harden advise is a businessman who wanted money, not necessarily what was best for James. It's complicated now doubt...
    Sign and trades are more difficult under the new CBA than the old one, so there's no telling if we would have been able to get more or not. Fact is, Presti had a good deal and pulled the trigger. I still think we'll make a run at the title this year. I've yet to see any evidence that we wasted the only opportunity we had to get to the Finals and win. Maybe it'll be that way after an entire year, but we're currently 6-2 with a five game winning streak. Not always pretty, but we are winning the games we should be winning. As our guys continue to mesh (with Martin, Thabeet, and Maynor having to establish chemistry), I think we'll only get better.

No chance they could get the deal they got.

They will make a run for the title this season.

why he was a restricted FA .. and the thunder showed they were not going to offer him the MAX .. houston (or dallas or PHX) would have signed him to a max offer sheet .. period ... then the thuder either match ..(then cant trade him for half a year) or don't (and he is gone) ..

6. Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    why he was a restricted FA .. and the thunder showed they were not going to offer him the MAX .. houston (or dallas or PHX) would have signed him to a max offer sheet .. period ... then the thuder either match ..(then cant trade him for half a year) or don't (and he is gone) ..
    Right. And if Hardin had gone to Dallas or Phoenix he could have added something to either of those teams. I, as a Thunder fan, don't want to see the Thunder facilitating trades or FA acquisitions that make possible western conference playoff teams any better. Hardin to Houston shouldn't be a threat.

Presti got more value for the Thunder by executing the trade when he did. He even told Harden and his agent that Houston could offer the 5 year max. Not that many teams still have that to give, as we gave ours to Westbrook.

Shot differentials in all 9 games thus far:

Spurs +2
    Portland +13
    Hawks +12
    Raptors +10
    Bulls +11
    Pistons +16
    Cavs +10
    Detroit +10
    Memphis +21

This absolutely has to change. Can't win games when you let the ball shoot the ball almost 12 more times than you every game. That's pretty much spotting the team 10 points.

Gotta generate more turnovers and play better defense. Martin isn't as bad as people made him out to be, but he's not very good either. He needs to learn that OKC doesn't really need his help inside. His man is consistently far more open than he ought to be.

There are a lot of things wrong with the team, but can I just say that Kendrick Perkins is terrible. Just....terrible.

I'm positive there are a ton of Boston fans that would disagree with you and Thunder fans as well. He's not an offensive asset, he's in there to protect down low on defense. Do people not get that?

Last night was a true test game. I was impressed they only had 15 turnovers last night but that still needs to come down to somewhere around 8-10 a game. Team has a lot of work to do before they can be considered a legitimate contender for the playoffs. They have a long way to go. Thankfully there's still 73 games left.

Perkins is a consistently low rebounder along with not containing any offensive ability. He only had 2 the entire game....that's awful.

"Pass the damn ball, Russel!"

Well luckily for our team, guys like Westbrook and Durant are flying all over the place on defense snatching up those boards. KDs rebounding average so far this year is higher than in years past and even though Perkins is physically a lot healtheir but he's not as mobile as the younger guys. I think he'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Perkins is a consistently low rebounder along with not containing any offensive ability. He only had 2 the entire game....that's awful.
    And yet he had the best +/- stats of the entire team, in a game where his presence actually does make a difference one way or the other.

Take out Perkins and Gasol/Randolph put the game away in the 3rd quarter.

My wife works with a woman whose daughter works as a car hop at an Edmond Sonic......she says Kendrick Perkins brings his kid in there 2 or 3 times a week, buys $20 worth of food, pays with a 100 dollar bill and tells them to keep the change........

I saw this was in the Oklahoman, looks like they are trying to figure out how to get some more offense from the second unit.

"Scott Brooks plans to change up Kevin Durant's substitution pattern, creating more time apart for Russell Westbrook.

The change is largely to help out Oklahoma City's bench, which has struggled this year after being such an asset last season."

I'll have to watch and see how this subbing works tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I saw this was in the Oklahoman, looks like they are trying to figure out how to get some more offense from the second unit.

"Scott Brooks plans to change up Kevin Durant's substitution pattern, creating more time apart for Russell Westbrook.

The change is largely to help out Oklahoma City's bench, which has struggled this year after being such an asset last season."

I'll have to watch and see how this subbing works tonight.

I t worked very well, it was a complete dismantling of the Hornets last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I t worked very well, it was a complete dismantling of the Hornets last night.
    How did he work 0/35 rotations? I didn't get to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Durant subbed out with about 3:30 left in 1st, Russ in charge for that bit. Seemed to work really well, especially with Martin on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Durant played the entire second period with Martin, and they were bombing shots from everywhere. The lead was 29 at the half.....No starters played the 4th period.

I have two club level side tickets for the Warriors game tonight for sale in Sect 221. They are the roomiest seats in the Arena ($ 77 face). PM me if you want.

Sid, call me at 204-2677

Of all the days to take a nap

They played pretty good......easy win.

This thread is an excellent tool to determine who on this board knows absolutely nothing about basketball and how it's played. (e.g., those saying Kendrick Perkins and Kevin Martin aren't good players).

Thread Information