Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Nice!

Very ugly!

I bought one and love it and everyone last night was like, "how'd you get one of those already?" lol

It looks like a little league uniform! Poor design skills I sware!

5. Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

I like the simplicity. We were there Friday night and I would say from the number of people wearing or carrying an alt jersey that they went over pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    It looks like a little league uniform! Poor design skills I sware!
    Its design looks like the 1956 Cincinatti Royals uniform, a throw back classic......they looked good to me, and KD said he liked the change up in style.

RE: Basketball

The more time that elapses after "The Trade" (And if the Thunder make it to the Finals again, I believe it will become known as such in Thunder lore) the more I like it...and for the record, I liked it to begin with.

OKC currently has 3 Top 25 scorers. The team is moving the ball a lot more effectively than they have in the past. And they are not even close to having "gelled" yet. Martin is giving the same points production as Harden (better, actually...which is what we mainly needed to replace) and he's 6th in the NBA, I believe, in +/-.

^^
    Well said. I miss the beard but I'm largely over it. He got his money, we got K-Mart, lets all move on.

The only people who still have an issue with this whole thing is the media. The same media, btw, who said the Lakers would be world beaters with their superstar lineup.

Time will tell... Martin has done what he does (e.g, score efficiently) very well so far, but he doesn't make his teammates better like Harden did. Harden is a more complete player than Martin, and he fit incredibly well with the Thunder both leading the second unit and as a conduit for KD and Westbrook. In the end, I still think we're a worse team, but time will tell. There's no point in rehashing it every night, but it's also silly to make a final judgment until after the season. We'll see...

Four years down the road when someone else disappears from the roster, we're going to see the same people come out of the wood work cause they don't understand NBA Basketball operations. This isn't college ball folks.

I am going to laugh if they lose to Detroit and it looks like they might....

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I am going to laugh if they lose to Detroit and it looks like they might....
    It would be a very bad loss, but they happen over the course of an 82 game season. I figured you would know that as a Magic fan...

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    It would be a very bad loss, but they happen over the course of an 82 game season. I figured you would know that as a Magic fan...
    Yeah I know

The Pistons are terrible.

Thunder got lucky but I love seeing the Pistons lose, I hope they go 0-82

I bet the Magic will lose to the Pistons on Friday giving them their first win, the Pistons have the Magic's number...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The Pistons are terrible.
    Out of 8 games, the Pistons have played 6 on the road. They have had 2 one point losses and have been blown out just once......they'll win some games this year, they are just very young.

FYI....the last I checked, Harden has shot just 28% from the field in his last 4 games........

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    FYI....the last I checked, Harden has shot just 28% from the field in his last 4 games........
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Who?
    James Harden - Houston Rockets

Had a great 2 game start but has come back to reality.

Maybe I need to move on from the trade ? Although I think it'll turn out good for us.

Maybe I need to move on from the trade ? Although I think it'll turn out good for us.
    He is being sarastic

When Harden returns we should either A, Boo him for wanting to leave because of his greediness which is what I want to do; or B; Welcome him back even though he had a poor finals performance. Which was probably done purpose.

Sarcasm, buddy, sarcasm...

I don't see you talking about Nate Robinson or Jeff Green or Nenad Kristic or anyone else that has gone through the trade doors. Who cares about James Harden? Let's worry about him when we play Houston and our ball handling capabilities are a lil better than the 20 turnovers our team is averaging.

When Harden returns we should either A, Boo him for wanting to leave because of his greediness which is what I want to do; or B; Welcome him back even though he had a poor finals performance. Which was probably done purpose.
    Welcome him back. No reason to be ill about it. If you knew you could get more money and a max contract vs. a four year deal and less money, wouldn't you do the same? You can't weigh what he wanted to do vs. what it came down to. Applaud him when he's introduced and that's it. Boo him when he plays dirty against us. Due to the restrictions on flopping, he'll probably limit that.

No reason to boo him, I'd taken the extra 25 million myself if I was in his sneakers.........he was torn but then it became a business decision. A professional athlete doesn't know how long he'll be able to play due to injury. You take it while you can get it, and he did.

Then lets hope the Thunder spanks the Rockets pretty good......

(A) I'd like to remind you that Presti ended negotiations, not Harden. We'll never know what Harden might of accepted. Besides, he was clearly worth it. Call me when you voluntarily take a pay cut that large. (B) I'm assuming you're kidding. Otherwise, this is a pretty ridiculous assertion that makes no sense at all.

I'll always love Harden for what he did for the Thunder. It's okay to continue to like him if he's on another team. If I was at that game I'd give him a standing ovation and then cheer for the Thunder to beat him down.

Thread Information