Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Default Re: ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    We sure are struggling at home lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    We sure are struggling at home lately...
    Yeah, a lot of those seats are empty...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Yeah, a lot of those seats are empty...
    I heard CHK employees now have to buy their tickets if they want to go to the game.

Yeah, but that's not what I was referring to, lol.

Anybody else concerned about the Thunder's poor showing on the road recently? Last night at Utah. Kmart did not play well and that meant loss on the road against a team that they should have beat. Shaq said one of the keys for the Thunder to stay near the top of the West and make another run at the finals, was that they must beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Still not too worried, however, I don't think the Thunder can afford to slip to 3rd or 4th in the West.

Not really, we have always had problems with teams above .500 on the road. Looking back at last night's performance we actually shot the ball better from the field percentage wise. The problem is we were only 56.5% from the free throw line on 23 attempts, and we had 20 turnovers. We also got out rebounded 38 to 26, not good, the Thunder need to step it up..and play better defense...allowing a team like Utah to score 109 points is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Not really, we have always had problems with teams above .500 on the road. Looking back at last night's performance we actually shot the ball better from the field percentage wise. The problem is we were only 56.5% from the free throw line on 23 attempts, and we had 20 turnovers. We also got out rebounded 38 to 26, not good, the Thunder need to step it up..and play better defense...allowing a team like Utah to score 109 points is unacceptable.
    I hear ya on that. I did not see the game nor did I look at the stat sheet that closely. However, Last season, even with 20 turns, The Thunder were able to overcome them were able to win about half of those poor performance games. Usually it was because Harden chipped in 15 or more points. The thunder have proven that they are good without Harden and Kmart has proved to be a good fit, however, He has to be more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post
    ...Kmart has proved to be a good fit, however, He has to be more consistent.
    I don't know if you saw it, but Kmart missed Sunday's game with flu-like symptoms. He may not have been feeling that great last night.

I was amazed to see him in the game at all; it usually takes at least a week to get through such an illness.

Yeah, at the half last night, it was stated that they shot something like 63% from the field but due to our turnovers, Utah was able to capitalize and score 17 points. Turnovers were big early in the season and they're starting to factor back in.

Also, they showed where Perk got T'd up. I didn't see him do a thing. But whatever...

Also, they showed where Perk got T'd up. I didn't see him do a thing. But whatever...
    Guess you weren't paying attention then...He got T'd up for excessive sweating

Should be an interesting show on OETA Thursday night. It's too bad they airing it at the same time that the Miami game is on.

OETA | #1404 "Thunder BOOM"

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Guess you weren't paying attention then...He got T'd up for excessive sweating
    I know right? Watching on a Vizio 47" 1080p TV too!

Anyone going to the game tonight?

Downtown should be great with a lot of valentine goers and thunder fans. Temperatures in the upper 40s.

Hopefully it looks nice on TNT.

Hopefully TNT doesn't use year old stock footage except for their close up shot of the arena.

Anticipating a hard fought, exciting battle tonight.

Oh, and Heat... don't make Durant mad... or you'll reget it!

I really dont see beating the Heat this year in the finals, I never expected us to lose the way that we did. =( maybe it was refs and I am never the type of fan thats quick to blame the refs but...

Wasn't the refs. The only thing keeping the Thunder "in the game" were free throws.

Really bad game by Thunder (exception KD [2nd half] and somewhat Russ).

And just a stellar game by MIA... I mean they had their perfect point spread over all of their key players. They are most likely the best team in the league at the moment. They seemed to be cruising by.

Maybe the All-Star break will be good for everyone on the team, including Brooks.

At some point, I think its reasonable to just admit that MIA is better. In most any other era, the Thunder would be the talk of the league, but this is the Era of Lebron, and OKC has that as a glass ceiling. Doesn't mean OKC isn't a great team; MIA is just, well, greater. I'm not sure what piecemeal approach you might take to the Thunder that would make them more competitive - at some point, its not the schemes or alignments (as they say in football) its the schemers and alignees. Pretty hard to overcome a generational talent like Lebron James.

THUD

That was the sound of my championship aspirations for the Thunder this season crashing to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    THUD

That was the sound of my championship aspirations for the Thunder this season crashing to the ground.

I wouldn't go that far, the team definitely turns it up for playoff time.

However, I think we may not cruise through the first couple rounds as easily as 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, the team definitely turns it up for playoff time.

However, I think we may not cruise through the first couple rounds as easily as 2012.
    They can turn it up all they want. I just don't see the team, as currently constructed, beating the Heat in a series.

I think our only hope is Presti pulling off some great trade and bringing a valuable veteran in for the late season/playoff run. I'm not enough of a basketball nerd to know who that might be.

All that JJ Barea talk really went off a cliff for the last week and a half or so. I'm sold on a trade. I think there is a dynamic of the team that can be changed and it would need to be a perimeter change. Stay the same and we lose in the WCF, if not game 7 of a second round series.

All that JJ Barea talk really went off a cliff for the last week and a half or so. I'm sold on a trade. I think there is a dynamic of the team that can be changed and it would need to be a perimeter change. Stay the same and we lose in the WCF, if not game 7 of a second round series.
    JJ barea doesn't change much against miami as long as brooks plays 2 bigs against miami's 1 big the thunder won't win against them the add that would help against miami is a back to the basket scorer to make them pay when they go small

Thread Information