Widgets Magazine

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It's like how they don't take Discover cards. I don't get to collect points on my card when I park because I have to use my debit card instead. For them, they just don't see enough Discover to pay to accept it. Slight inconvenience for me, but does it really change much.? Nah.
    Hmmm. I normally use cash and it seems to work fine. Also, I don't think I have ever had to wait in a line there for more than a couple of minutes at the most. If they decided to offer that, fine, but it's just not an issue to me.

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Hmmm. I normally use cash and it seems to work fine. Also, I don't think I have ever had to wait in a line there for more than a couple of minutes at the most. If they decided to offer that, fine, but it's just not an issue to me.
    On the flip side of that argument, on a recent trip back from DFW, there was a traffic jam of nearly a half mile because the toll tag readers broke on the north entrance to the airport. By the time we got to the pay plaza, the attendees had just lifted the gates and were waiving people through. I can't imagine how much $$ they lost. From what people at work told me, this is not uncommon.

Maybe its just my own experience, but I knew several OKC "lifers" who never had a pikepass. I myself never had one for years and was just fine. Unlike Tulsa and NEOK, where toll roads are far more common and I would say the vast majority of people probably have one. Given that reading equitment is actually quite expensive and you will still have to deal with OTA (from what I hear they are not the easiest agency to deal with), there would need to be enough use to actually justify the initial expense. If pikepass use in OKC and western OK is not that high, is it worth it to WR?

Thread Information