Widgets Magazine
Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 327778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I went through the new security checkpoint yesterday. So much better than the old ones. Overall a great addition to the airport. I really liked the work desks, this is something all airports should have that have seatbacks, outlets and a wide work area for setting up a laptop. Looking forward to Starbucks, Vino Volo and Freddy’s opening

My initial thoughts are that the space looks great!

My only complaint was the wall between the ticket counters and the new area. That’s a very strange transition because the rest of the airport feels sectioned off from the new area.

This image shows what I am talking about.

I agree with the above poster about retrofitting the rest of the airport to match, going to the terrazzo floor would be a pretty quick and easy way to make it happen. The tile has always been very noisy, visually and acoustically.

Is there an entrance into this area from outside? Not having to check a bag is always nice because you don't have to deal with walking through all the congestion at airline ticket counters.

Can't remember if this has been mentioned, but Tropical Smoothie is opening in the airport.

They filed building permits a couple of days ago.

That would be awesome. Love that place.

I hate that TSA is so far from Gate 1. And with the remodel at the old TSA you got to walk really far to leave the airport, I would have left the aux TSA as an exit until the finished the TSA remodel. And barrel back to the bagged claims, delta and southwest are getting too much love and the other flyers are getting **** on

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    My initial thoughts are that the space looks great!

My only complaint was the wall between the ticket counters and the new area. That’s a very strange transition because the rest of the airport feels sectioned off from the new area.

This image shows what I am talking about.

I agree with the above poster about retrofitting the rest of the airport to match, going to the terrazzo floor would be a pretty quick and easy way to make it happen. The tile has always been very noisy, visually and acoustically.

I finally used the airport since the end of the remodeling. As much as I like the look of it, I agree with JDSonners on the TSA entrance and the fact it is at the end of the building.

Very weird layout.

I flew Breeze so dropped my luggage all the way to the west counter then walked all the way to the east, through TSA then all the way back to the west to Gate 1. I think it is approximately the same if you fly Alaska or United.

A more central entrance would make more sense.

The long-term plan is to add more gates to the east end so that would make it a bit more centralized.

But of course, the reason it's on the far east end now is that that's where they could build a big new addition without disrupting the rest of the airport.

This mural was approved at today's Art's Commission meeting for the big blank wall in baggage claim underneath the arrivals/departures/baggage carousel TVs. I really, really like it.

(I am assuming "Welcome to Oklahoma" won't literally be in Arial ).

I noticed last night that they are installing updated signage throughout the airport to match the signage of the new expansion. It looks really sharp. That translucent green was looking dated. If they would take the tile out and put in terrazzo floor it would dramatically update the rest of the airport.

Also, no Lyft or Uber rides around midnight. There were about 8-9 people trying to get a ride. I waited for 20 mins or so and went downstairs and got the only taxi cab available. That was a bit worrying especially since there is no public transportation. (Not that it would be running that late anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    This mural was approved at today's Art's Commission meeting for the big blank wall in baggage claim underneath the arrivals/departures/baggage carousel TVs. I really, really like it.

(I am assuming "Welcome to Oklahoma" won't literally be in Arial ).

This is awesome!

so I went to flyokc.com and it still has the old map. the new portion isn't on there. security isn't moved. the gates aren't added. As a flyer I almost always check out the website of where I'm flying to so I know what to expect and if there's anything of note near my expected gate. I also like to know for the flight back. I would understand if it was just a few days into the expansion being open but it's been over a month and they have been aware of it for months before.

https://flyokc.com/map#el-level-upper

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    so I went to flyokc.com and it still has the old map. the new portion isn't on there. security isn't moved. the gates aren't added. As a flyer I almost always check out the website of where I'm flying to so I know what to expect and if there's anything of note near my expected gate. I also like to know for the flight back. I would understand if it was just a few days into the expansion being open but it's been over a month and they have been aware of it for months before.

https://flyokc.com/map#el-level-upper
    Interactive maps are great...until you have to make a change...then they can become a problem. I wouldn't expect an update any time soon, as the map will likely have to be rebuilt from scratch.

Wonder when the September numbers will get posted??

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    Interactive maps are great...until you have to make a change...then they can become a problem. I wouldn't expect an update any time soon, as the map will likely have to be rebuilt from scratch.

Wonder when the September numbers will get posted??
    I totally get that but why leave the wrong one up. Make one that isn't interactive until you have the interactive one ready. Also they've know roughly what it would look like for 6 months. They should have been able to have an updated map in that time frame.

Looks great.

I noticed last night that they are installing updated signage throughout the airport to match the signage of the new expansion. It looks really sharp. That translucent green was looking dated. If they would take the tile out and put in terrazzo floor it would dramatically update the rest of the airport.

Also, no Lyft or Uber rides around midnight. There were about 8-9 people trying to get a ride. I waited for 20 mins or so and went downstairs and got the only taxi cab available. That was a bit worrying especially since there is no public transportation. (Not that it would be running that late anyway)
    Dang - that's insane. Well, I guess that's why even at $12/day, the garage is always full to the brim!

I seriously thought I was going to be stuck at the airport. Uber and Lyft both couldn't locate any drivers, and when I went to the Ground Transport area there were no cabs. One pulled up as I was walking away. Uber sent me a $5 off coupon for the experience.

I seriously thought I was going to be stuck at the airport. Uber and Lyft both couldn't locate any drivers, and when I went to the Ground Transport area there were no cabs. One pulled up as I was walking away. Uber sent me a $5 off coupon for the experience.
    You could always have called a cab, but yeah, that's serious amateur hour stuff, not something that should happen at OKC's airport (maybe Gotebo's, if they even have one , but not OKC's).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    You could always have called a cab, but yeah, that's serious amateur hour stuff, not something that should happen at OKC's airport (maybe Gotebo's, if they even have one , but not OKC's).
    Yeah, I would have eventually, but I was describing my immediate thought because the options were looking very grim. I understand that is not the airport's responsibility, there are only going to be so many late-night drivers in the middle of the week and they are probably not at the airport.

I have also experienced that scenario. Had to call a friend to come get me. Now I usually just drive and park because I recently realized how cheap the parking has gotten.

I think Uber/Lyft are supposed to notify drivers and add incentives to make the trip out there to get those riders. I feel like since the pandemic, drivers are hard to come by now.

Does Uber allow you to schedule rides? I've switched to Lyft and I think you can still schedule a ride in advance. Though even then I don't think it's guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Does Uber allow you to schedule rides? I've switched to Lyft and I think you can still schedule a ride in advance. Though even then I don't think it's guaranteed.
    You can schedule a ride but the request for the ride isn't processed until your scheduled time. So you're not placed in any special que just because you requested one earlier in the day. If it says "no cars available" you're sol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I have also experienced that scenario. Had to call a friend to come get me. Now I usually just drive and park because I recently realized how cheap the parking has gotten.

I think Uber/Lyft are supposed to notify drivers and add incentives to make the trip out there to get those riders. I feel like since the pandemic, drivers are hard to come by now.
    OKC airport has one of if not they cheapest parking rates in the country

^So true. I actually used to take an Uber to the airport all the time, but then I actually did the math one day and realized that for trips <= 7 days ($49), I’m pretty much breaking even with two Uber rides if I just park instead. Plus parking is way more convenient for coming and going when you desire.

From an out-of-towner perspective we do not have the option of leaving a car in the parking garage. The lack of transportation options late at night will be something I take into account for future trips. It cost me $38 with a tip to get downtown and that was my only option. Uber back to the airport during the day was $12 plus a $3 tip.

Thread Information