Widgets Magazine
Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 206566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

IND is a fantastic airport, so too is BOI. OKC is still a pretty darn good airport, just some things can absolutely use some touching up.

Maybe they should take a page from Key West and have a bar in the baggage claims area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    One such example would be Raleigh. It's medium sized and is incredible.
    RDU is quite nice. IND too. Although that was a brand new building, but still, it's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    John Wayne out in California is similar in size and it SUUUCKKKSS.
    Huh? For starters, SNA is WAAAAY busier than OKC will ever be. And it sucks? How? It's by far the most pleasant airport in the entire LA area IMO. It's well-lit for starters, and has decent enough food options for a busy spoke. What exactly sucks about SNA?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    IND is a fantastic airport, so too is BOI. OKC is still a pretty darn good airport, just some things can absolutely use some touching up.
    Indy is the 45th busiest airport at 4.415 million passengers. OKC #64 with 1.955 million.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    One such example would be Raleigh. It's medium sized and is incredible.
    Raleigh is 40th largest with 5.747 million passengers. OKC is 64th with 1.955 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I found it odd from a logistics perspective.

"Yes, I'd like to be picked up"
    "Meet me in the departures"
    "But I'm arriving here"
    "I know"
    It used to be down with the other arrivals and was a goat roping cluster @$&#. They would just loop around and hope to spot you. And you can always ask the Uber driver to pick you up wherever you want (a well known trick at SeaTac to avoid their Uber rodeo arena)
    It's much easier with the dedicated parking spots on the ramp. Signage could be way better, I agree.

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details...L/default.aspx

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...500Z/KTUL/KOKC

Glad to see a staple of the skies of Oklahoma City have a home here. Hopefully MetroTech takes better care of this than the old AirTran DC-9 - that thing was rotten inside last time I was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    http://news.aa.com/news/news-details...L/default.aspx

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...500Z/KTUL/KOKC

Glad to see a staple of the skies of Oklahoma City have a home here. Hopefully MetroTech takes better care of this than the old AirTran DC-9 - that thing was rotten inside last time I was in it.
    Very cool for CareerTech, but very sad for AA flyers in OKC either. Every time I see the S80 I'll be reminded of the good days when AA wasn't the clusterf*ck of an airline it is today, thanks to Dougie.

I find it interesting and neat that of the 8 MD-80's that AA has disposed of via donations, exactly half of them stayed within Oklahoma. From the first linked article:

• 2019: CareerTech in Oklahoma City
    • 2015: Oklahoma State University School of Engineering in Stillwater, Oklahoma
    • 2013: Tulsa Air and Space Museum in Tulsa
    • 2011: Tulsa Tech in Tulsa

Blog Entries

I can't remember if there's a separate thread for the terminal expansion, didn't see one in search but that's not always reliable. Scrolled back a few pages in this thread and didn't see any pics, but FYI significant steel work had been done when I flew out Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I can't remember if there's a separate thread for the terminal expansion, didn't see one in search but that's not always reliable. Scrolled back a few pages in this thread and didn't see any pics, but FYI significant steel work had been done when I flew out Friday.
    For pics the airport has a couple web cams up, which have both a recent snapshot and a time laps feature at https://app.oxblue.com/open/WRWATerminalExpansion

Terminal expansion progress:

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Huh? For starters, SNA is WAAAAY busier than OKC will ever be. And it sucks? How? It's by far the most pleasant airport in the entire LA area IMO. It's well-lit for starters, and has decent enough food options for a busy spoke. What exactly sucks about SNA?
    Let me tell you about my dentist, he does the most pleasant root canals.

I haven't been through all of the LA airports, and I have no problem with SNA, but LAX sucks in about every way.

Are they still planning on expanding the garage? I remember them approving it awhile ago, but haven't seen any movement, except the creation of the premium area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Are they still planning on expanding the garage? I remember them approving it awhile ago, but haven't seen any movement, except the creation of the premium area.
    i don't remember this do you know when that was approved??

On the garage expansion I have not heard of expanding it, I know in future there will be more Lot Parking options but I have not heard anything about a garage expansion. Also to everyone who will be flying or picking customers up at the airport please make sure you allow some extra time for road construction on the airport property.

While they approved the existing garages to be renovated, which has been in process in phases for a while, the only expansion to parking I remember was converting the former rental lots to a few types of parking.

With that allowing a bump in capacity almost the same as both the parking structures, it seems odd they would be in a rush to build a new parking structure right now. Sure it is not quite as convenient as parking structures or the surface parking directly adjacent, but it is not that much worse than the adjacent parking either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I found it odd from a logistics perspective.

"Yes, I'd like to be picked up"
    "Meet me in the departures"
    "But I'm arriving here"
    "I know"
    It was confusing when I flew home from Nashville New Year’s Night.

Airports going from analog to digital on their paging system this week, I prepared the existing speaker lines to move over to new amps and you should see new microphone stations in place this week, the space needed for the new system shoud be cut in half and I was surprised the existing system is barely working, they have some amps with external fans in the front and a vacuum cleaner hose coming from the ac cooling the back.
    Fun to see my local airport from behind the scenes

[QUOTE=Snowman;1103905]While they approved the existing garages to be renovated, which has been in process in phases for a while, the only expansion to parking I remember was converting the former rental lots to a few types of parking.

With that allowing a bump in capacity almost the same as both the parking structures, it seems odd they would be in a rush to build a new parking structure right now. Sure it is not quite as convenient as parking structures or the surface parking directly adjacent, but it is not that much worse than the adjacent parking either.[/QUOTE

Yes there will be new long term lots located where the former rentals use to be. There will also be new cell phone/uber etc area as well. The renovation of the garage already took place and pretty much completed with minor details still in process, there will be renovations in other existing lots this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i don't remember this do you know when that was approved??
    Maybe I am mis-remembering, I really thought they approved it a few years ago when they increased the parking rates. I definitely remember watching a video on this thread of one of the board meeting where they were talking about capacity issues with the current garages.

Here is a post discussing it back in the day: https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...213#post968213

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Maybe I am mis-remembering, I really thought they approved it a few years ago when they increased the parking rates. I definitely remember watching a video on this thread of one of the board meeting where they were talking about capacity issues with the current garages.

Here is a post discussing it back in the day: https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...213#post968213
    thanks for looking that up

Drove to airport yesterday and there were over 500-600 spots available on each floor of the main garage. There were 13 people on my wife's SWA flight

Boardings down 95%.

On April 15th, only 280 passengers traveled from WRWA, which normally averages around 7,000 per day.

https://oklahoman.com/article/566080...ear-standstill

You wonder if the large terminal expansion is going to get hung up due to lack of revenue.

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I manage two sites. One on Meridian and the other on Air Cargo Road. I go between the two a few times a day. It’s usually a wait to turn left on Meridian toward Air Cargo. And it was a major pain the first couple of months of Meridian being redone south of 54th. Now I go between the two and often don’t see another car. Funny though, the big blue car rental shuttles seem to be running on their regular schedule even if empty.

Thread Information