Widgets Magazine
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4489909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2461

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Hatch is going in where The Grill used to be.
    That's a win for those early morning flights. If they're open.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    This may be why...

Public input needed to help Will Rogers World Airport with rebranding effort

https://www.okc.gov/Home/Components/...ce=govdelivery
    I took the survey, interesting that they are getting feedback on what you call the airport.

Is there a push to drop "Will Rogers" from the name and make it something like "OKC International"?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I took the survey, interesting that they are getting feedback on what you call the airport.

Is there a push to drop "Will Rogers" from the name and make it something like "OKC International"?
    I think OKC should be somewhere in the title. I like the Will Rogers branding, but if keeping it, they need a name like ATL uses.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

The questions certainly came off as they are open to dropping "Will Rogers" from the name of the airport.

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    From X: https://x.com/fly_okc/status/1715001215199625343?s=20

The Oklahoma City Airport Trust (OCAT) announced today plans to pursue a rebranding effort for Will Rogers World Airport. Airport leaders are seeking public input via an online survey. Details in the link.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...0Release.3.pdf

I can't help but think that this rebranding is going to coincide with an announcement international route. Probably Cancun. I have zero evidence of this, just seems to all line up. I voted for Will Rogers International.
    The question is what you refer to the airport as. You really refer to it as Will Rogers International?

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    The question is what you refer to the airport as. You really refer to it as Will Rogers International?
    Very true. I hear people calling Houston's main airport, either "Bush" or "Intercontinental", but never by its full name. Just like calling Southwest's Houston airport "Hobby" or "Houston Hobby" and not William P. Hobby Airport.
    I have never heard anyone in or around OKC refer to the airport simply as "Rogers", it's always "Will Rogers"

Las Vegas changed the name of McCarran to Harry Reid in 2021, and there is still signage and people who refer to it by its former name two years later.

A place like "Tulsa International" seems to roll of the tongue better than "Will Rogers World Airport" or "Oklahoma City International"

I usually refer to Northwest Arkansas National, simply as "XNA" and still catch myself referring to Wichita's airport as "Mid-Con" instead of "Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport" and Kansas City as "MCI"

No one that I know (which is mostly people under 40) refers to the Will Rogers name in anyway. It is simply the airport/OKC's airport.

Just rename it as Oke City airport, pilots already call it that

Pilots call it that for a reason: approach/departure freq is "oak/oke city" and acronyms must be used very sparingly with atc

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Just rename it as Oke City airport, pilots already call it that
    By all means, let’s rename it to the name that rings like nails on a chalk board to everyone actually FROM this city. You really do struggle to read the room, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    By all means, let’s rename it to the name that rings like nails on a chalk board to everyone actually FROM this city. You really do struggle to read the room, don’t you?
    It was tongue in cheek given earlier conversation in the OKC aviation thread, relax

12. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Ah, patronizing tone. Familiar territory.

Just trying to provide some levity and context, not everything needs to be a fight, friend

14. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Physician, heal thyself

15. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    Pilots call it that for a reason: approach/departure freq is "oak/oke city" and acronyms must be used very sparingly with atc
    I’ve seen someone else claim that’s why pilots say it, but it doesn’t ring true because 1) we’re not talking about when they’re communicating with ATC; we’re talking about when pilots address the cabin and 2) they don’t use this alleged sparing/economical communication with any other city names when addressing the cabin.

Man, people just seem to love to argue on here no matter the topic. Let them take their survey and if they ultimately decide to change the name of the airport for rebranding purposes, so be it. We're all going to use the airport regardless.

I saw a lot of negative comments on Facebook when Channel 4 posted an article. As one of those under 40s I always say Will Rogers and most people I talk with say the same. If they want to throw the OKC name in it somewhere for greater branding I’m fine with that but I’ll forever call it Will Rogers.

Yes the social media comments are wild for this one. I had no idea this many people were so passionate about Will Rogers. I am guessing a lot of people really remember this part of Oklahoma History in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Yes the social media comments are wild for this one. I had no idea this many people were so passionate about Will Rogers. I am guessing a lot of people really remember this part of Oklahoma History in grade school.
    which is just crazy, because my oklahoma history class back in the late 90's never even got us to statehood. it basically was just talking about the land run, over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I saw a lot of negative comments on Facebook when Channel 4 posted an article. As one of those under 40s I always say Will Rogers and most people I talk with say the same. If they want to throw the OKC name in it somewhere for greater branding I’m fine with that but I’ll forever call it Will Rogers.
    except do you??

like you tell some one " I am going to Will Rodgers airport on Friday." or do you just say i am going to the airport ...

this entire thing is really pointless ..

OKC doesn't have 2 airports where people have to make a distinction ..

I learned this week that there is an airport in Utqiagvik, Alaska that is named "Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport"...

I propose it being called 'The Airport'. Just like people in Oklahoma call OKC 'The City'

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    I learned this week that there is an airport in Utqiagvik, Alaska that is named "Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport"...
    Yes. For those who don’t know, that’s where Will Rogers and Wiley Post were flying when their plane crashed, killing both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    except do you??

like you tell some one " I am going to Will Rodgers airport on Friday." or do you just say i am going to the airport ...

this entire thing is really pointless ..

OKC doesn't have 2 airports where people have to make a distinction ..
    Ah, a pet peeve of mine is when people spell it "Will Rodgers" instead of "Will Rogers" lol

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Ah, a pet peeve of mine is when people spell it "Will Rodgers" instead of "Will Rogers" lol
    valid

Thread Information