Widgets Magazine
Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ... 347980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

OKC Will Rogers World will receive $ 6,677,636 million and Tulsa International will receive $ 5,680,089 for improvement from the Biden Infrastructure bill. Does anyone know if there are any future plans to fund improvements like adding counters and additional gates etc., at Oklahoma's two largest airports.

Yes, it's peanuts for our two major airports, however I'm sure there is room for future expansion plans.

Oklahoma is on track to receive $27,447,942 for Oklahoma airports with the bulk of those funds going to:

OK LAW Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Lawton $ 1,033,984

OK OUN University of Oklahoma Westheimer Norman $ 295,000

OK OKC Will Rogers World Oklahoma City $ 6,677,636
    OK PWA Wiley Post Oklahoma City $ 763,000

OK SWO Stillwater Regional Stillwater $ 1,019,233

OK TUL Tulsa International Tulsa $ 5,680,089

OK RVS Richard Lloyd Jones Jr Tulsa $ 763,000

Would love to gets some international flights to Mexico from alternating between Oklahoma's two major airports (WRWA and TI) without having to brave DFW for connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Would love to gets some international flights to Mexico from alternating between Oklahoma's two major airports (WRWA and TI) without having to brave DFW for connections.

Now that OKC has an FIS I could see Allegiant doing a weekly CUN or SJC nonstop. TUL does not currently have an FIS but I imagine it will be part of the next round of improvements.

So many acronyms.

Ultimate deciding factor for OKC to get more direct flights will be based on demand , passenger numbers and business growth.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So many acronyms.
    FIS: Federal Inspection Services Facility

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    FIS: Federal Inspection Services Facility
    Right, FIS means something different in my line of work.

Seems like several people in this thread have or currently work in the airline industry or airport. I find that people that do use an annoyingly large amount of acronyms that most normal people have no clue what they are. A good friend of mine used to work air traffic control and I know he did it just to annoy people. His comment is, it's easy for anyone that cares to know to look up on the internet. I tell him right there is the key, most people don't care, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Right, FIS means something different in my line of work.

Seems like several people in this thread have or currently work in the airline industry or airport. I find that people that do use an annoyingly large amount of acronyms that most normal people have no clue what they are. A good friend of mine used to work air traffic control and I know he did it just to annoy people. His comment is, it's easy for anyone that cares to know to look up on the internet. I tell him right there is the key, most people don't care, lol.
    Acronyms are very prevalent all across government.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Acronyms are very prevalent all across government.
    Right, but that's not unique, all industries have their own lingo. Most people don't use it outside of work.

As they say at customer service training, don't use military lingo on civilians. In other words, don't use industry specific acronyms outside of your industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Right, but that's not unique, all industries have their own lingo. Most people don't use it outside of work.

As they say at customer service training, don't use military lingo on civilians. In other words, don't use industry specific acronyms outside of your industry.
    This is an aviation thread... so it's not odd for people to be using airport acronyms in here.

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Am I crazy, but i thought the new wing was open now or are they just using a really old image for Will Rogers?

And wow, what a contrast having the WR and Tulsa airports next to each other. TUL looks like a dump!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Am I crazy, but i thought the new wing was open now or are they just using a really old image for Will Rogers?

And wow, what a contrast having the WR and Tulsa airports next to each other. TUL looks like a dump!
    That is an old picture and doesn't show the new roofing and skylights at the concourses. Most of TUL has been renovated over the past decade. They just chose to renovate the existing 60's era terminal vs. building new at WRWA.

TUL looks bad from the outside, mostly due to the old roofing material. I really like the interiors though. It's such an easy little airport to get around and it feels super comfortable inside. Obviously I'm biased, but it's my favorite airport to fly in and out of.

There definitely was something to be said for tearing at least one terminal down and building something new and flashy though. Cities like Tulsa have to impress where they can. I think they made a pragmatic choice though. Hopefully it will be something we push for in the next Vision package since we will hopefully have outgrown the facilities by then. There's still room at the moment, but flights are being added all the time and obviously we want to make it easy for the big carriers to expand here.

13. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Had the opportunity to go through the new space as a traveler today. Security is definitely a LOT better and not just sort of sticking out weirdly. However, the arrival/departure system was broken so everyone had to use their phones. That was a bummer. And the big sign that used to be outside of security is gone. That was actually REALLY helpful before. Now there's not even a good place for something like it. There are just two screens sort of slapped on the wall in the corner of the security exit area. For all the thought put in to the new space, I guess they forgot about that.

It's a decent walk now from one end to the other. To me, the whole place feels a little more complete now. Before, the east end just ended at a massive wall. No windows or anything, just wall. Always felt weird. I know it was just ugly cargo area on the other side of it, but still. And I have to say that i've spread the spectrum on airports today.

First, Will Rogers, and an overall pleasant experience.
    Next, O'hare. It sucks. This is such a horribly designed pile of crap. Yes there are nice parts, yes there are LOTS of shops and places to eat. But the thing is just damned ugly inside and out. And why do we not believe in people movers in this slapped together pile of legos? I got 4k steps walking from one gate to the next for my connection. 4k people, no moving sidewalk, no tram, just walking.
    Finally, i wont say where i ended up, but it only had 5 gates and we were the only plane there. Now that was culture shock..... We'll see how leaving from the 5 gate airport goes. Rental cars were onsite, but no booth. You just got in and drove out of the parking lot like you had parked your own car. Right out on to the main city road too. Something felt very weird LOL.

Have had the chance to fly in and out a couple of times since it’s opened including getting in from a flight last last night and echo the above (especially the parts about O’Hare!). I may have said it previously, but I really really hope they replace the tile with terrazzo in the rest of the airport at some point. While including some addition original Matt Goad artwork would be cool, I’d be happy with just continuing the base color. The girl has always been an eyesore, not to mention incredibly loud in the age of roller suitcases, it looks especially out of place now.

15. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

great to hear. did anyone take any pics?

As for Chicago O'Hare, they are supposed to be rebuilding the terminal complex to create a monster central building with a focus on alliance and not airline specific. Obviously, Star and OneWorld will be huge pieces for United and American and their partners respectfully, Delta and SkyTeam is supposed to take over the T5 terminal.

Not sure the plans but once this modernization is complete there might also be a brand new West Terminal likely for non-alliance airlines and Southwest. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Had the opportunity to go through the new space as a traveler today. Security is definitely a LOT better and not just sort of sticking out weirdly. However, the arrival/departure system was broken so everyone had to use their phones. That was a bummer. And the big sign that used to be outside of security is gone. That was actually REALLY helpful before. Now there's not even a good place for something like it. There are just two screens sort of slapped on the wall in the corner of the security exit area. For all the thought put in to the new space, I guess they forgot about that.
    Are you talking about the oklahoma city flight information displays?
    I'm the job superintendent that installed the displays in the new construction areas of the airport.
    There's a set of boards before you enter the TSA lines, then there's another set of boards opposite starbucks towards the Delta gates.

At the new gates you have new boards past the wine bar.

The airport swapped all the samsung displays with LG displays.

At the 2 new secure exits they each have new sets boards.

They seem more functional to me, I did question the placement of the set that are in line with the observation deck staircase, because I thought more people would use it if it was in line with the automated secure exit

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Have had the chance to fly in and out a couple of times since itÂ’s opened including getting in from a flight last last night and echo the above (especially the parts about OÂ’Hare!). I may have said it previously, but I really really hope they replace the tile with terrazzo in the rest of the airport at some point. While including some addition original Matt Goad artwork would be cool, IÂ’d be happy with just continuing the base color. The girl has always been an eyesore, not to mention incredibly loud in the age of roller suitcases, it looks especially out of place now.
    Exactly, when I left monday I noticed there were a handful of holes in the tile, that are a high heel or a roller bag getting stuck from a major incident.

Disappointed that they aren't more aggressive in getting the rest of the airport looking like the new.

Maybe split the main concourse in two and replace the tile floor in several phases.

Think Southwest has the worst looking holding areas, they should update it, then move over to the old Delta gates and update those. Then move someone from the West side to fill the 3 gates, think Breeze, Frontier, Alliegant or Alaska Airlines should fill the space somehow. Then update the West side gates one at a time

18. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Are you talking about the oklahoma city flight information displays?
    I'm the job superintendent that installed the displays in the new construction areas of the airport.
    There's a set of boards before you enter the TSA lines, then there's another set of boards opposite starbucks towards the Delta gates.

At the new gates you have new boards past the wine bar.

The airport swapped all the samsung displays with LG displays.

At the 2 new secure exits they each have new sets boards.

They seem more functional to me, I did question the placement of the set that are in line with the observation deck staircase, because I thought more people would use it if it was in line with the automated secure exit
    When you walked out of security before, it was LARGE and in your face so you couldn't miss it. Now it's SUPER SMALL and you have to look for it. I'd say both size and placement need to be reviewed. If you're not using at least an 80" display, you're not doing it right. I'm thinking of other airports and in the new space, there isn't a good place to put them on a wall. Really, im thinking we would be better served with an island of displays.

And of course, it needs to work. Monday morning with all the business flyers was a terrible time for it to be down. I'm sure that's not common.

When you walked out of security before, it was LARGE and in your face so you couldn't miss it. Now it's SUPER SMALL and you have to look for it. I'd say both size and placement need to be reviewed. If you're not using at least an 80" display, you're not doing it right. I'm thinking of other airports and in the new space, there isn't a good place to put them on a wall. Really, im thinking we would be better served with an island of displays.

And of course, it needs to work. Monday morning with all the business flyers was a terrible time for it to be down. I'm sure that's not common.
    There were some kiosks in the plans and I'm not quite sure what happened to them.
    But as you and I know there's only so many gates your plane is going to leave from.
    Something was wrong with the system because my app didn't have a gate.

OKC is still old school with the signs they manually change at each flight for the most part, it sucks that they updated all the blue gate signs, they are so past the times, and they should at least had a minimum of a 43 inch display near the gate number, listing the airline and cycle through the arrivals and departures of flights at that gate.

When they do that, maybe they'll go more automated on the boarding announcements, I fly Southwest a bunch and some of their scripts are cool when they go off the rails a lil but its the same announcement in every airport.

Blog Entries

OKC Will Rogers World will receive $ 6,677,636 million from the Biden Administration's recently passed bipartisan 1 Trillion infrastructure bill ; use some if that money to fix the WRWA signage problem.

And additional funding is on the way, thanks to the $1 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act signed last month by Biden (November 2021). The infrastructure bill is expected to send at least $5 billion to Oklahoma for various projects over the next few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    $ 6,677,636 million
    6.7 million million is a lot!

22. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Anyone know when Starbucks is actually open? Have had a couple 6:00 to 6:30 AM flights recently and it was closed up through time of departure even through the airport was packed. Rather disappointing, both for me and for our airport in general.

23. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Anyone know when Starbucks is actually open? Have had a couple 6:00 to 6:30 AM flights recently and it was closed up through time of departure even through the airport was packed. Rather disappointing, both for me and for our airport in general.
    If you tweet at the airport, they usually respond pretty quick and listen to all feedback https://twitter.com/fly_okc?s=20&t=R...T76zXaNW70gNPA

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Supposed to be 5:00 am

https://www.starbucks.com/store-loca...ty-ok-73159-us

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Phoenix actually started getting aggressive about their vendors not being back to their normal hours. https://thepointsguy.com/news/phoeni...endors-closed/

Thread Information