Widgets Magazine
Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 236869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    That were planned pre-covid? Under the impression that the pandemic has set the aviation industry back years?
    Yeah.

I'll be upset if I don't hear 'Jail Break' or 'The Boys are Back in Town' while in Tin Lizzie's

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I am a somewhat frequent flyer and I do not see how all of these could survive at the same time in WRWA. Especially a local coffee place when a Starbucks is also planned?
    And not just any Starbucks... "the iconic Starbucks." haha. I thought this wording was funny.

Glad to see these local places. I've always thought local concepts can be great assets for cities. I always wish that airports had a local craft brew house with knowledgeable staff who could tell you about the local breweries (or at least have a copy of beerhopokc.com). So, I'd love to see them add that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    And not just any Starbucks... "the iconic Starbucks." haha. I thought this wording was funny.

Glad to see these local places. I've always thought local concepts can be great assets for cities. I always wish that airports had a local craft brew house with knowledgeable staff who could tell you about the local breweries (or at least have a copy of beerhopokc.com). So, I'd love to see them add that in the future.
    all depends on placement I fly Delta so I won't walk down the hall the other direction If it is by the food court...I am in,

From the airport spokesperson:

For the new offerings that are expected this year, two of them will be in the terminal expansion space on either side of the town square. This will be Vino Volo (east side) and Starbucks (west side). TripAdvisor will be located north of Gate 24. Freddy’s will take the space that was occupied by Tucker’s Onion Burgers in the food court.

It would also be nice to have a restaurant space before the check point.

Or one of the coffee places at least, especially with the ability to watch planes in the observation area now.

Blog Entries

Thought the news on WRWA interesting. That the company managing the retail at the airport, Paradies Lagardère, is French. Well good for WRWA! That’s going to be quite an improvement over years gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by mott View Post
    thought the news on wrwa interesting. That the company managing the retail at the airport, paradies lagardère, is french. Well good for wrwa! That’s going to be quite an improvement over years gone by.
    nm

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I think they manage a lot of airports; kind of like YVR Airports does (which is based in Vancouver Canada).

Im excited for this but can't help but wonder why they omit all of the OKC owned/Hq businesses.
    No Sonic, no Braums, no Taco-Mayo, Tucker's is gone as is CoolGreens. no Pizza joint (Mazzios-Tulsa or Empire, something else really local). Love Hatch but Also interesting no national breakfast like Dunkin (would be perfect pre-security actually). I personally will miss Schlotsky's. Personally love Starbucks (for the national name)

what I mean is - it's great to have the new faces but why did we not keep the OKC HQ/Icons and why not have a bkfst/all-day national (like Dunkin) as a safe bet that everybody knows (and who doesn't like donuts/coffee). If I had my wish I would have them all.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

11. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I justhope something is open past 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I justhope something is open past 6pm.
    Amen!

Blog Entries

If you haven't checked out the artists (Matt Goad) instagram recently, please do, he's been posting regular updates and the new terminal flooring is looking really fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    If you haven't checked out the artists (Matt Goad) instagram recently, please do, he's been posting regular updates and the new terminal flooring is looking really fantastic.
    Link for the lazy:

https://www.instagram.com/mattgoadart/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I am a somewhat frequent flyer and I do not see how all of these could survive at the same time in WRWA. Especially a local coffee place when a Starbucks is also planned?

Right now during the pandemic, the current offerings are for sure pathetic, but this seems incredibly ambitious.
    Speaking of the current offerings, looks like (from the WRWA website) maybe only OKC Flight Cantina is the only place serving food that's open - is that actually correct? Flying out tomorrow morning, was just going to grab something at whatever was open around 8:30, but .....

Blog Entries

Floor in new terminal is done per the artist.

17. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Looking forward to seeing it all when l can come out of the covid cave.

Blog Entries

whoa

We had a record numbers of passengers in 2018, and then bested that by 10% in 2019. Our daily traffic through the terminal was running between 5000 and 7000 passengers a day, depending on the day and the season, before the pandemic. Those numbers dropped to a low of 239 passengers one day in April. We have steadily climbed back to around 50% of our 2019 numbers and have stayed there the past six months or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210317.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	16775  

20. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Any recent travelers (or spotters) have any updates on the terminal expansion particularly pics from inside?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Any recent travelers (or spotters) have any updates on the terminal expansion particularly pics from inside?
    Unfortunately, the new area is entirely blocked off from view (drywall walls). I don't think the public can catch a view of anything yet. When I flew a few weeks ago, I couldn't see anything.

9/24/2020 Updated Google Earth imagery. I didn't know they would shut down Gate 24 to accommodate the expansion project.

Blog Entries

Nice update, thanks

Press release:

American Airlines Announces Nonstop Service
    to New York’s LaGuardia Airport

OKLAHOMA CITY, April 22, 2021 – American Airlines announced today that it will begin nonstop service from Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers World Airport to New York City’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) beginning November 2, 2021.

Last year, WRWA and American Airlines announced New York City as a new destination, but the service delayed due to the pandemic. “This is great news for Oklahoma City,” says Mark Kranenburg, airports director. “New York LaGuardia has been a much sought-after destination; one that will greatly enhance the air service options for our leisure and business travelers. We appreciate American’s commitment to our community.”

“We are excited to strengthen our network at OKC with new nonstop service to New York’s LaGuardia Airport just in time for the winter holiday season,” said Brian Znotins, American Airlines Vice President of Network Planning. “As more customers return to the skies, we look forward to welcoming more Oklahomans to fly with us and further connecting them with our global network.”

With the addition of New York LaGuardia, every American Airlines gateway in the U.S. is served nonstop from Will Rogers World Airport. As of today, American’s nonstop destinations from WRWA include Dallas/Ft. Worth, Chicago, Charlotte, New York LaGuardia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Ronald Reagan Washington National. The new service will bring the average number of daily departures by American to 20.

The new LaGuardia service will operate once daily utilizing the Embraer 175 aircraft offering two-classes of service. The current schedule is as follows*:

OKC to LGA LGA to OKC

Departs

Arrives

7:30am

11:50am

Departs

Arrives

7:00pm

9:45pm

*Times may vary slightly

Flights go on sale Saturday, April 24 and may be booked through aa.com.

Thread Information