Widgets Magazine
Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 196465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I-44 between Airport Road and the river is also right up there for the ugliest stretch of highway in the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DB44D86-9D01-4326-852A-D8C249A91210.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	15575

One of the things that annoy me the most when I’m flying anywhere is the abundance of giant oversized vehicles sticking out of the parking spots at the ends of the parking garage. It just always feels like I’m trying to squeeze through a needle when I make turns. I always see people turning through the sections that are marked off rather than trying to turn between vehicles and columns.

It would be nice if those spots could be reserved for compact cars,
    But that would likely make most those spots sit empty and unused.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBD0B3B9-F3E7-4199-BD23-8C3F83E298EE.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	15574

Go to the right of the pillar.....I know that cause well.....I drive a big suv

I was picking up a loved one up from a late flight earlier this week at WRWA and was noticing how dark the transportation plaza (where the shuttles arrive) on the lower level was...it was extremely dim and dingy. Why was it so dark...well, many, if not most, of the lightbulbs were burned out in the upward facing fixtures. As a prominent gateway for visitors...it definitely is not a good first impression...looked a little run down and uncared for. Not sure why the facility is not better maintained.

OGE will get right on that.

Not related : I thought it weird that uber/lyft pickups are designated to meet on the 2nd floor. There's no signs for it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Not related : I thought it weird that uber/lyft pickups are designated to meet on the 2nd floor. There's no signs for it or anything.
    Yea the no signs thing is a bit lame, but the apps both tell you exactly where to go when opening the app from the terminal.

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

There are signs. They are small and poorly designed, as if an intern was tasked with their creation and placement. You'd think we'd put a little more thought into helping people find their way.

I found it odd from a logistics perspective.

"Yes, I'd like to be picked up"
    "Meet me in the departures"
    "But I'm arriving here"
    "I know"

I found it odd from a logistics perspective.

"Yes, I'd like to be picked up"
    "Meet me in the departures"
    "But I'm arriving here"
    "I know"
    Agree. Really need a proper, "big league city" transportation plaza. I made a rendering in post 1683

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...19#post1080019

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    I was picking up a loved one up from a late flight earlier this week at WRWA and was noticing how dark the transportation plaza (where the shuttles arrive) on the lower level was...it was extremely dim and dingy. Why was it so dark...well, many, if not most, of the lightbulbs were burned out in the upward facing fixtures. As a prominent gateway for visitors...it definitely is not a good first impression...looked a little run down and uncared for. Not sure why the facility is not better maintained.
    I've noticed the same thing. It's an eerie feeling being down there when it's so dark. Ridiculous.

Pretty much the entire airport could use a face lift IMO. The garage elevators are always either broken or disgusting. OKC has come such a long way but in many ways our airport is utterly embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. It's an eerie feeling being down there when it's so dark. Ridiculous.

Pretty much the entire airport could use a face lift IMO. The garage elevators are always either broken or disgusting. OKC has come such a long way but in many ways our airport is utterly embarrassing.
    okc has one of the nicest small/medium sized airports in the country

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    It's easily one of the most convenient, but it's far far from being one of the nicest. It's grungy and things are consistently broken and run down.

14. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

The lights are definitely bad down there. Ive only had one (and it was recent) experience where both elevators in the garage were down...huffing it up 5 floors with my bag did totally suck.

But i would still say it's one of the nicer airports. Just from the perspective of it not being one that's pieced together from random 30 year separated add-ons helps a lot. It's EXTERMELY easy to get around and is clean and in good shape. John Wayne out in California is similar in size and it SUUUCKKKSS.

15. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    This has been my experience as well. Maybe some of the haters can give us an example or two of some of the similar sized airports that are supposedly so much nicer than OKC.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    This has been my experience as well. Maybe some of the haters can give us an example or two of some of the similar sized airports that are supposedly so much nicer than OKC.
    One such example would be Raleigh. It's medium sized and is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    One such example would be Raleigh. It's medium sized and is incredible.
    Raleigh is a different level above OKC (like, 3 times the passengers, almost). Not really a comparable airport. Bradley in Hartford is OK, but I think OKC's is better (Bradley has about 6 million passengers). I think that is a better size-comp than RDU.

yep

Yup. People on the Omaha boards often discuss how WRWA should be the model for their airport - an airport that sees ~1 million more pax than we do.

Same here. I really love our airport. It is convenient, because small, but for a 4 millions passengers one, it has a great feeling and flow to it. Plus a good number of amenities. The extension\ renovations will make it even better.
    I fly a decent amount and for this size, I am still looking for a better one.

21. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Manchester (MHT) is similar in size, but they only see just less than 2 million per year (down from a high 15 years ago of 4.5 million pax) and it is kept up a little better than OKC--not a huge difference, but a bit better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's easily one of the most convenient, but it's far far from being one of the nicest. It's grungy and things are consistently broken and run down.
    I travel a lot and don't find things at our airport grungy, broken or run down. I do agree though that the area just outside the terminal needs to be lit much better. There has been so much construction and remodel on the outside arrival and departure areas that it seems disheveled and dark. I'm hoping that when it is all completed it will be a much more inviting space.

I agree that the actual terminal is easier and nicer than others our size. When the new security area and new terminal space is finished it will be by far the nicest in our category and size... by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Manchester (MHT) is similar in size, but they only see just less than 2 million per year (down from a high 15 years ago of 4.5 million pax) and it is kept up a little better than OKC--not a huge difference, but a bit better.
    Main plus to MHT is they have Dunkin Donuts!! I also like how their security in in the middle of the airport and not to one side like WRWA.

I think OKC has a great airport. I think there is room for improvement on the west concourse and terminal/transport plaza. It's not a bad first impression of our city though.

One thing I would love to see changed is removing the tile in the west concourse. It could be so much quieter if it was a smooth surface. Rolling suitcases create a loud clunk at every grout joint.

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Main plus to MHT is they have Dunkin Donuts!! I also like how their security in in the middle of the airport and not to one side like WRWA.
    True! Paht and pahcel for up there though, as they are on every othah street cornah.

Thread Information