Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Loving the upper deck.

Press release:

For Immediate Release: April 16, 2019

PREMIUM PARKING GARAGE OPENS AT WRWA

OKLAHOMA CITY April 16, 2019 – Will Rogers World Airport introduced a new parking choice for customers this morning with the reopening of the lower level of the two-story parking garage.

The long-anticipated Premium Parking facility provides customers close, covered parking with convenient access to the terminal building. Additional amenities include an online reservation system for designated spaces in the garage and a separate exit lane for parkers who use the prepay kiosks located in baggage claim and in the pedestrian tunnel. Just as a reminder, prepaying for any of the airports parking facilities provides the customer with a more convenient exit experience.

The cost for Premium Parking is $18 per day. There is a $5 fee to make a reservation online. The reservation system is now live and customers can make their reservation here.

No hourly rate will be available in the Premium Parking garage. This new parking option is available only to long-term parking customers. This means that anyone who enters the garage will be subject to a full day rate of $18. Customers seeking hourly parking should use the recently reopened upper level of the 2-story garage, which is designated for short-term parking.

The lower level of the two-story garage has been planned for Premium Parking since 2016 when rental car companies relocated to the new Car Rental Center on Meridian Avenue. Before it could be reopened to the public, numerous improvements needed to be made. Work to address water intrusion issues proved to be significant, extending the completion date. Other improvements made during the project included the replacement of all expansion joints, a new traffic membrane on the hourly parking level, new signage, new parking access control equipment, and other minor structural rehabilitation.

3. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

This is great!

I have a trip next week, so I am trying it out. I just made reservations. When I first went to the website it told me "Available, space in row 1G" and I just happened to remember that. But the parking voucher it had me print, and it emailed me does NOT have the location I am supposed to park. The press release sure makes it sound like I have a specific reserved spot, but I sure can't tell which one it is right now.

I'm confused and I hope I get un-confused when I get to the parking garage next week...
    (or maybe Josh can chime in...)

Interesting - I wonder how many people will bite, seeing as though it's double the cost of regular garage parking. I guess to some folks it'll be worth it!

At the risk of being accused of being a troll or picking fights, I think the price is a little steep for reserved parking but I do think there is demand for the service. The problem with premium parking (anywhere) is the longer the stay the less useful the services are. For example, for a 3 day trip the price is $27 in the regular garage, and $54 for reserved parking. The value of the closer spot is more apparent. A 7-day trip would be $63 and $126 respectively; the value of the premium parking may not be worth the extra 60 bucks to some.

I see it marketed to the business traveler with the expense account. I had a boss that would be the type to get to the airport 30 minutes before takeoff. He would often have meetings that would take him out of town for only one night. He would actually just park up in the hourly parking overnight just so he could get in the terminal quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    I see it marketed to the business traveler with the expense account. I had a boss that would be the type to get to the airport 30 minutes before takeoff. He would often have meetings that would take him out of town for only one night. He would actually just park up in the hourly parking overnight just so he could get in the terminal quicker.
    Right. Value is better for shorter trips and less for longer trips.

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    At the risk of being accused of being a troll or picking fights, I think the price is a little steep for reserved parking but I do think there is demand for the service. The problem with premium parking (anywhere) is the longer the stay the less useful the services are. For example, for a 3 day trip the price is $27 in the regular garage, and $54 for reserved parking. The value of the closer spot is more apparent. A 7-day trip would be $63 and $126 respectively; the value of the premium parking may not be worth the extra 60 bucks to some.
    The value probably isn't there for many. But the value is there for me, for work or personal trips. I like knowing I have a spot in the garage and that it's close and convenient. I prefer valet but this will do. Next week is just me and a quick overnight trip so it's a great way to try it. But sometimes when I travel with the family there is so much extra stuff I do NOT want the risk of having to take the shuttle. I already might have to at our destination (for a rental car), and I want to limit handling our luggage as much as possible. Even if it's a week or 10 day vacation the cost is worth it. Bundled into the cost of the vacation as a whole it's a small percentage.

Parking rates going up at the airport ... covered to 12 bucks a day uncovered going to 9

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Just got back from my trip using premium parking. Will definitely be doing it again. It was great!

I will say if I had not been paying full attention during the ENTIRE booking processes, it would have been VERY confusing. It still was, actually. Like I mentioned in a post above, in a very early screen of the booking process the system said something like "there is space is row 1G" and I made note of that. That information was nowhere to be found after that step. When I got to the garage, it was just like pulling into the standard garage, if I had not have seen row 1G (up against the south wall), which had "reserved" painted on them I would certainly not have known to park there. BUT if I had not made note of "there is space is row 1G" before I ever made the reservation I would have been scared to park in a "reserved" parking space would have had no idea where to park. I hope they get the ambiguity solved.

Regardless, I will definitely be doing this again. It was super convenient, and nice to know I had a guaranteed spot.

Blog Entries

Sounds as though WWRA will require more parking. We have an airport IMO that has enough acreage to handle growth well into the future.

I also recently went through the parking process at WRWA. I did the $9 one and thought it was straightforward, and enjoyable. There was a little calendar type set up to note which section you were in. I tried pulling the paper out and took the entire calendar instead.

Saw a set up at disney world where in the parking garage they were able to use infrared to detect how many spots were available in each row. I wish all garages did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I also recently went through the parking process at WRWA. I did the $9 one and thought it was straightforward, and enjoyable. There was a little calendar type set up to note which section you were in. I tried pulling the paper out and took the entire calendar instead.

Saw a set up at disney world where in the parking garage they were able to use infrared to detect how many spots were available in each row. I wish all garages did this.
    I like the renders, but was astonished to learn there is no bus connection to downtown!

Blog Entries

Many of us are perturbed by the lack of transit connectivity to the airport.

Are there plans for one ? Seems like the shuttles are expensive. Do people just Uber or catch a cab ?

Blog Entries

In the grand scheme, yes, the 2005 fixed guideway study calls for BRT down Reno and Meridian to the airport, but it's going to be 2023 before the NW Exp BRT is online, so I can only imagine how long it will be for an as yet unfunded additional BRT to come online.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Are there plans for one ? Seems like the shuttles are expensive. Do people just Uber or catch a cab ?
    Yep... 15 to 20 bucks with Lyft and get you there in about 20 minutes.

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Parking rates going up at the airport ... covered to 12 bucks a day uncovered going to 9
    Just curious - when is this going into effect? Nothing announced on the airport website as far as I can tell.

Makes sense though - the garage is literally always full with barely any spots open every time we use it. Clearly they could charge more. I have to say though, this may tip us over into using ride services more often. If only there was a good car service here (not Uber/Lyft) - anyone know?

Hi my name is J.D I am an employee with ABM Parking here at Will Rogers World airport. Prices like stated above are going up, but the prices above are quoted a little bit incorrect. Garage is going to $12 Lot 3 to $9, Lot 2 to $7, Lot 1 to $6. Price is probably going to set May 14th. Newsok has an article with the new rates and details . if you have any questions please call the Parking office direct 405-316-3250 we are here to help with any questions you may have about the new premium parking and our other parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Hi my name is J.D I am an employee with ABM Parking here at Will Rogers World airport. Prices like stated above are going up, but the prices above are quoted a little bit incorrect. Garage is going to $12 Lot 3 to $9, Lot 2 to $7, Lot 1 to $6. Price is probably going to set May 14th. Newsok has an article with the new rates and details . if you have any questions please call the Parking office direct 405-316-3250 we are here to help with any questions you may have about the new premium parking and our other parking lots.
    thanks

Anyone know what was up with this flight? Such a hard turn back to OKC. If medical, would AMA have been closer? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190505-212831.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	15280

We had a quick line of (weak) storms impact the arrival corridors in Denver, we had a few diversions as arrival rates were briefly reduced.

American will offer non-stop to Miami starting in December:

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details...h/default.aspx

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

^ already mentioned in the Commercial traffic thread. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information