Widgets Magazine
Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ... 156061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2452

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

1. Post Re: Will Rogers World Airport

TBH, I also haven't heard of Cow Tipping - that is UNTIL I moved up here to Seattle/Washington state back in 1991, and here it's an Eastern Wa thing.

I lived my entire youth in Oklahoma City (NW) and never heard of it. same for Cow Chip or Cow Patty (or whatever cow poop is called). I also don't have a drawl.

I suspect Panda and I are exclusive 'city boys'. I also have never seen a farm in Oklahoma but I have here. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

^^^ yes I’ve never really been to “the country” in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Plutonic Panda, just curious. You’re originally from Oklahoma, right? If so, where did you grow up? It actually baffles me that someone from here has never even heard of the concept of cow tipping. Like someone mentioned above, the idea isn’t exclusive to our state.
    I never said it was exclusive to our state and that strengthens my argument to why this witch hunt against these shirts makes no sense.

I was born in OKC and grew up in Dallas from age 10-16 then moved back to OKC until I moved to LA at age 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I never said it was exclusive to our state and that strengthens my argument to why this witch hunt against these shirts makes no sense.

I was born in OKC and grew up in Dallas from age 10-16 then moved back to OKC until I moved to LA at age 20.

Never said that you said that. Don’t have a fight in this issue in any way. Was just shocked that someone’s never heard of cow tipping. Hardly consider myself “country,” but I know of the concept.

Aren't there bigger fish to fry in OKC? Like how pedestrian-unfriendly our city is, even in places like the Plaza? Shouldn't he be trying to fix our broken public school system? Who really cares about a silly t-shirt at the airport?

Multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Multitasking.
    It also probably only took about 5 mins of his time to type an email to an assistant to find out how to "fix" this.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Aren't there bigger fish to fry in OKC? Like how pedestrian-unfriendly our city is, even in places like the Plaza? Shouldn't he be trying to fix our broken public school system? Who really cares about a silly t-shirt at the airport?
    This issue was resolved in less time than it took you to complain in this post...not everything takes a long time to fix...

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    This issue was resolved in less time than it took you to complain in this post...not everything takes a long time to fix...
    Yasss.

Let's move on and talk about airplanes!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Yasss.

Let's move on and talk about airplanes!
    Agreed. So Southwest is doing a specially designed "Oklahoma" plane that will feature cow tipping on the side. (joking)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Agreed. So Southwest is doing a specially designed "Oklahoma" plane that will feature cow tipping on the side. (joking)
    ROFL.

Actually, Southwest does have quite a few state-special planes, but they don't have an Oklahoma plane, do they? I'm sure they're the largest carrier in Oklahoma, aren't they?

ROFL.

Actually, Southwest does have quite a few state-special planes, but they don't have an Oklahoma plane, do they? I'm sure they're the largest carrier in Oklahoma, aren't they?

Doesn't look like it

Louisiana One joins 11 other 737s in the Southwest fleet that carry unique, state-themed paint schemes: Arizona One, California One, Colorado One, Florida One, Illinois One, Lone Star One (Texas), Maryland One, Missouri One, Nevada One, New Mexico One and Tennessee One.

Source: https://www.sfgate.com/chris-mcginni...s-12738642.php

According to the airports Twitter page the airport expansion is kicking into construction.

Construction starting on $89 million expansion at Will Rogers Airport

Construction trailers are on site and some work is starting inside as Timberlake Construction is gearing up for a major expansion of the airport terminal and gates.

The project will expand the east concourse, add four new gates, a glass-enclosed public observation gallery, additional seating in the baggage claim area, more space for shopping, dining and concessions, and completely reconfigure the security check-in process with a consolidated and streamlined checkpoint.

The two existing security areas were constructed before the sweeping changes that occurred due to 9/11 and the new construction will allow for a large, single security check area with the goal of significantly reducing check-in times due to the new design and smart technology.

The entire structure will feature ceilings that will be much taller than the existing building, allowing for natural light and a Town Square that will provide comfortable seating for those waiting on arriving passengers, and easy viewing of the east concourse and aircraft operations on the ground.

The design of the 145,000 square foot addition allows for a total of 9 new gates which can be added to address ever-increasing travel volume.

The project is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2021.

Design and engineering are by Frankfurt Short Bruza.

15. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Will they go ahead an pour footings, utilities, ect for future expansion to streamline it when time comes?

Has any construction progressed on the way finding signage project?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Has any construction progressed on the way finding signage project?
    I saw what looked like new signage in a storage area west of the parking garage when I flew out on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Will they go ahead an pour footings, utilities, ect for future expansion to streamline it when time comes?
    Not sure but they completely relocated the cargo and other things that were in that general area.

It should be very easy to add the gates down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    no beacuse that area will be used for gates with this phase

Considering there hasn't been a new destination added in months, the next phase will be far, far off in the future.

Considering there hasn't been a new destination added in months, the next phase will be far, far off in the future.
    It's not about new destinations, it's about general passenger count growth...

It's not about new destinations, it's about general passenger count growth...
    Without new destinations, there won't be large increases in passengers.Even in airlines replace routes with bigger planes, there is no need for a new gate. so without new destinations, or overcrowding of gates, there will be no need for the remaining gates for quite a while, in my opinion.

Without new destinations, there won't be large increases in passengers.Even in airlines replace routes with bigger planes, there is no need for a new gate. so without new destinations, or overcrowding of gates, there will be no need for the remaining gates for quite a while, in my opinion.
    So do passengers just choose not to go places altogether because we don't have direct flights to them? No, they take the flights to hubs that connect to where ever they want to go. A lack of non-stop flights doesn't make it impossible to get to a destination, it just makes it less convenient but if people want to go, they still do it. There is a need for new gates because all but one of ours are already leased and near capacity...hence the expansion. There have been large increases in passenger count even without a ton of new destinations. They aren't just throwing up an $80 million expansion for the hell of it.

There’s plenty of room for frequency growth with the current list of destinations. Many markets are served only onceor twice daily. Increased frequency requires additional gates.

Oh ok got it - so it's better to go after completely trivial issues like a t-shirt because they're quick fixes, and neglect the actual problems ... solid logic there.

Anyway thanks for sharing the photos above, Pete! Those look like some looong jet bridges at the new gates - not quite Heathrow-esque, but close!

Thread Information